HA! Final Madden Cover vote has no 49ers

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ntm4u48f said:
60niners":ntm4u48f said:
You don't think that Joe Montana or Jerry Rice are on equal footing with Barry Sanders?! You're right... They're at a level above.

Talk about being a homer. Equal footing, sure, good discussion to be had about that. A level above Barry Sanders? No effing way. If there's someone in this discussion that is a level above, it's Sanders, not Montana or Rice. Besides, Montana and Rice both benefited from each other; a great QB benefits from a great receiver, and vice-versa. Sanders never even had a dominant O-line to help him, or even a good team around him.

Seriously, if you want to put Sanders at a level below Montana and Rice, you need to keep that on your 49ers forums. Not here, or any other non-S.F. team's forums.

I don't think he was being a homer. I don't think anybody was being a homer when they made the list of the top 100 players in the NFL of all time.

#1...

Rude144

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":6i4t5fgf said:
60niners":6i4t5fgf said:
You don't think that Joe Montana or Jerry Rice are on equal footing with Barry Sanders?! You're right... They're at a level above.

Talk about being a homer. Equal footing, sure, good discussion to be had about that. A level above Barry Sanders? No effing way. If there's someone in this discussion that is a level above, it's Sanders, not Montana or Rice. Besides, Montana and Rice both benefited from each other; a great QB benefits from a great receiver, and vice-versa. Sanders never even had a dominant O-line to help him, or even a good team around him.

Seriously, if you want to put Sanders at a level below Montana and Rice, you need to keep that on your 49ers forums. Not here, or any other non-S.F. team's forums.
Sanders was good, Jim Brown was great, Barrys dad agrees

Sac

Reaction score
Rude144":1u31wxil said:
RolandDeschain":1u31wxil said:
60niners":1u31wxil said:

Barry Sanders holds the record for most rushes for negative yardage. It's not even close. That's how much credit his O-line gets. Barry was the greatest rusher of all time.

rlkats

Reaction score
Imagine what Barry could have done behind a great O-Line

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
rlkats":tic6fbdt said:
Imagine what Barry could have done behind a great O-Line

No kidding. They ignore that, and also ignore all the great team-building Walsh did for them. They also specialize in pretending their owner during the glory years wasn't as crooked as they come, and who knows what he did under the table to help his team. Sanders being overly loyal to the Lions and being on a crap team his whole career had no effect on his career, though. :roll:

God, can't even discuss stuff seriously with these guys. I'd have thought at least some of them would show respect for some all-time greats not related to the 49ers/Seahawks, but I guess I was wrong.

rlkats

Reaction score
Um Roland just to let you know im a Niner fan. But I stoll agree with ya.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Ah, didn't realize. Either way, you're right, and an exception to the other Niners fans posting in this thread. :)

Barry Sanders behind a great line and team would have blown up every record in the book, IMO. A lot of people don't realize what a disadvantage he was at compared to the other few names people talk about for all-time great RBs...

NorCal

Reaction score
First, Joe won 2 super bowls before Rice was even drafted. I always feel compelled to point this out bc it seems too many don't know that. With that aside, Joe was the best QB I ever saw, Rice the best WR and Sanders the best RB. If Sanders had, oh lets say Dallas's Oline, then he would have broken every record imaginable. 2500 yards? Maybe.

But it doesn't matter who is the best or not. Roland, you made the thread. Plus you are quick to jump onto Niners' fans for bringing up the glory days. This topic is just inviting someone to challenge you, which is what you must have set out to do.

Anyways, the only thing I really have a problem with is your assertion that Eddie D was the most crooked owner. He played by the rules and exploited them perfectly. Got the NFL to change the rules. can't fault him for that.

hawker84

Reaction score

and barry sanders dad was an expert how exactly, because he was a Jim Brown Fan?

taking absolutely nothing away from Jim Brown, but in his day he was a man playing amongst boy's...

Put Barry behind the Dallas O Line, put Emmitt Behind Sanders O line, and you'd see Emmitt's rushing record shattered by A LOT and Dickersons single season record as well.... so your post should read Jim Brown great, Barry Sanders GOAT....

Shaz

Reaction score
Anyone saying that Rice isn't on the same level as Sanders should seriously stop talking about football

I get it, you hate the Niners (I do too) but your stupidity is really killing common sense

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Shaz":3l56yfz5 said:
Anyone saying that Rice isn't on the same level as Sanders should seriously stop talking about football

I get it, you hate the Niners (I do too) but your stupidity is really killing common sense

Who said that? Nobody that I see. I said they're all around even, but said IF there's any one of the three that is a level above, it's Sanders. He's already considered one of the best 3 RBs ever, if not greatest of all time, and he was on a crappy team his whole career. Being able to play most or all of your career on a great overall team makes it a lot easier to break those records, and get those rings. Most of the 49ers fans are holding Barry Sanders's lack of rings against him. It's a team game.

My Niner hate is not the reason I'm saying this. Seriously.

Shaz

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":mex8dwua said:
Shaz":mex8dwua said:

Who said that? Nobody that I see. I said they're all around even, but said IF there's any one of the three that is a level above, it's Sanders. He's already considered one of the best 3 RBs ever, if not greatest of all time, and he was on a crappy team his whole career. Being able to play most or all of your career on a great overall team makes it a lot easier to break those records, and get those rings. Most of the 49ers fans are holding Barry Sanders's lack of rings against him. It's a team game.

My Niner hate is not the reason I'm saying this. Seriously.

He was on a crappy team the whole time? Hmmmm, he really wasn't. That early 90's Detroit team was actually pretty damn good until the Front Office blew it up for some odd reason, if they would have stuck with that team, the Lions challenge the Cowboys and Niners for NFC supremacy in those years

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Shaz":1g7pc3ff said:
He was on a crappy team the whole time? Hmmmm, he really wasn't. That early 90's Detroit team was actually pretty damn good until the Front Office blew it up for some odd reason, if they would have stuck with that team, the Lions challenge the Cowboys and Niners for NFC supremacy in those years

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Detroit did what they've been doing for a long time; show a glimpse of skill, then find a way to screw it up.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'd rather have Kaep on the cover than Barry or AD.

Get that curse going :stirthepot:

kigenzun

Reaction score
I vote Adrian Peterson. 'Cuz he'll be brought up from the minor leagues team and playing for the Seahawks in 2 years like Bevell, Rice, and Harvin...

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kigenzun":2s5apjej said:
I vote Adrian Peterson. 'Cuz he'll be brought up from the minor leagues team and playing for the Seahawks in 2 years like Bevell, Rice, and Harvin...

He's a year older than Beast Mode. He'll be 30 in two years. No thanks.

Beeker49

Reaction score
I'm glad it's Barry. No Hawks, no Niners, no curse for either of us.

As to the great debate going on - I agree with Roland (it pains me to say that) that Joe, Jerry, and Barry are equals in my book. All GOATs as far as I'm concerned.

Okay, someone shoot me now for agreeing with Roland. Please. :sarcasm_on: