Player you are rooting for....

oasis

Reaction score
themunn":758yh5cs said:
oasis":758yh5cs said:
I just had a dream we drafted a guard in the first round. *facepalm*

That said, I'm rooting for clem to make a full recovery. Avril can't defend the run.

Teams aren't going to run against us next year when we are scoring with every possession
Gotta get onto the field in order to get possession.

Tical21

Reaction score
Another vote for Irvin. And I don't even need him to do anything until the playoffs. Needs to be big in the playoffs, period.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Sweezy Todd of course. I want to see all that potential come to fruition. Also pulling for Carpenter.

getnasty

Reaction score
My vote goes to Red, hopefully he can return to his old form, if not he's got to go. If i had a second choice it would be Jaye Howard, would be nice to see him contribute this year.

smashmouth59

Reaction score
Russel Wilson. I get it that to most of us it is a foregone conclusion that he will be a pro bowler and league mvp while leading us to the superb owl. I just want him to continue to progress and lead this team to realizing it's potential.

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ubvj9uer said:
I'm with the OP on Carpenter and of course my boy Thurmond 3. I think both can be really really good, even pro bowl potential if they can just stay healthy.

Also JR Sweezy. I was pretty down on him last year. I realize he has the potential, I just didnt think he was very good on the field especially in pass protection. Hopefully he can take a few more steps this year and solidify his spot for several years. The attitute and potential are there, he just has to put it all together.

I was just about to list the same three names.

Sweezy is one I'm rooting for based on his untapped upside.

Thurmond is one I'm rooting for because I want everyone else to see what I'm seeing in him.

Carpenter is one I'm rooting for because I never considered him a reach or a bad pick, and I think his upside at guard is pretty good if he stays healthy and in shape.

Portis and Irvin are two players I once loved that I have since become slightly disenchanted with, but they could win me back in a heartbeat if they step up their performances this year.

hawk45

Reaction score
I have a bad feeling Carp is going to be like Tubbs. A difference maker when he's out there, but we'll only get to see a season or two of that when all is said and done. Thurmond I've already written off. Fantastic player, made of glass.

I'm rooting hard for Turbo, mainly because I worry about how long Lynch can do his awesome thing, and Turbin's ability to snag those short passes out of the backfield really interests me.

Bus035

Reaction score
Jaye Howard....no doubt. Dan Quinn had him in Florida and is the one that recommended him to our scouts/staff. I want to see what he is all about.

SE174

Reaction score
Thurmond - Dude is an incredible CB and would be the starter opposite Sherm, if only he could stay injury-free. Hopefully since his latest injury was just a hamstring and not a knee, that he'll be 100% and able to contribute this year.

Irvin - Still very raw, but showed his potential by picking up the most sacks of any rookie last year, despite playing only 43% of the snaps. Was exposed and a liability against ATL. We need him to take a big step forward this year. I'd hope he gets double digit sacks, and is much improved against the run this year.

Scruggs - Underrated and overlooked big man, with a cool background story. Also seems to be a fun-loving, genuine person, who loves interacting with fans. Hope he gets more playing time and excels in 2013.

Turbin - Heir apparent to Beast Mode. Hope he gets 800+ yards this year, but more importantly, finally gets into the endzone.

kf3339

Reaction score
There are too many to name that get my vote. So I'm going to just say one on O and one on D.

On O it has to be Carpenter. If he can be healthy and solidify the left side as our starting LG then we basically pretty much can run at will just like the days of Jones and Hutch.

On D it has to be Irvin for me. He needs to step up and show that he can do more than rush the passer based on speed alone. He needs to be able to defend the run and show a strong set of moves to get past the tackle to the QB. If anything he must have seen for himself that his speed alone will not get it done on a consistent basis.

But you really have a lot of players you could name this year. What a journey this year is going to be for all of us!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
For my sleeper, I'll have to go with Darren Fells. He's kinda like the Jameson Konz project, only more durable with an even bigger frame. And at 280lbs, who's gonna jam him? The ball looks like it should have 'Titlelist' printed on the side when it's in his hand. I really hope he catches on.

Next I'll have to say all three of our DL FA signings. DL is the area giving me the most uncertainty and concern. To much of what we have been doing revolves around Big Red and I'm starting to question if he can last more than a few games without that plantar fasciitis flaring up.

Third's gonna hafta be Sweezy. He hasn't grasped recognition of blitzes and and exotic alignments enough to be relied upon in pass pro. Russell Wilson needs no rooting for. Keep him reasonably protected and he's going to make the leap..MONEY! That brings me back to Sweezy. He'd better show marked improvement in helping to keep Wilson upright, or the coaches need to pull the plug on that project.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
smashmouth59":1nmubdob said:
Russel Wilson. I get it that to most of us it is a foregone conclusion that he will be a pro bowler and league mvp while leading us to the superb owl. I just want him to continue to progress and lead this team to realizing it's potential.

You stole my thunder! But me too. There are several reasons I'll be rooting for him;

1. I don't want last year's naysayers to point at him and say one year wonder.
2. I don't expect it but I want him to blast through that sophomore slump thing.
3. We want an elite QB for years to come and in order to do that RW has to continue his great progression.
4. I just love the look on Harbaugh's face when he is getting his ass kicked by a 5'11" QB. That look is priceless.