EPL 2012-2013

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Liverpool can put the fire to Everton's feet for Europa league with 3 points tomorrow. Easier said than done of course.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":38lz20qb said:
Liverpool can put the fire to Everton's feet for Europa league with 3 points tomorrow. Easier said than done of course.

I kinda hope Liverpool wins, or at least draws, as that'll keep Arsenal in 3rd.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Well now that's convinient, Giroud's red card is upheld by the FA despite the fact that you can see he slipped.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
You're surprised that the FA doesn't act rationally or use critical thinking? Come on.....

Which is the exact reason the FA is going to try and give Suarez a 15 game suspension tomorrow. Ridiculous.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":2l2iozp9 said:
You're surprised that the FA doesn't act rationally or use critical thinking? Come on.....

Which is the exact reason the FA is going to try and give Suarez a 15 game suspension tomorrow. Ridiculous.

I'm not surprised, hell look at who Arsenal plays next and you'll see a strange coincidence.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":1dvz35ct said:
InSuarezWeTrust":1dvz35ct said:

I'm not surprised, hell look at who Arsenal plays next and you'll see a strange coincidence.

no strange coincidence in Walcott being offside but getting the goal nonetheless

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":304yw34m said:
no strange coincidence in Walcott being offside but getting the goal nonetheless

I was actually surprised they didn't call him for that. He was a step off and it cost Man U their chance at the points record.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":dsku5hpk said:
Uncle Si":dsku5hpk said:

I was actually surprised they didn't call him for that. He was a step off and it cost Man U their chance at the points record.

they had plenty of other chances to win that game. one of those strange games where on team controls play while the other creates the better chances

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":15tgwk30 said:
Gatehawk":15tgwk30 said:
Uncle Si":15tgwk30 said:

they had plenty of other chances to win that game. one of those strange games where on team controls play while the other creates the better chances

And gets denied by a face.

Also not sure who saw this in the pregame stuff, but seems like someone wasn't impressed or at least was among the group that didn't want to do the guard of honor:
Tumblr mlz6m7rzRH1r6ibubo1 500

TwilightError

Reaction score
The fight for the last champions leage spots is furious. As a Chelsea supporter, I'm a bit worried about having the toughest schedule ahead. Atleast we have a game in hand against Arsenal. It is vital if Chelsea wishes to land Mourinho. Although, if Alex Ferguson retires, Mou will probably go to ManU.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
TwilightError":3cukbegy said:
The fight for the last champions leage spots is furious. As a Chelsea supporter, I'm a bit worried about having the toughest schedule ahead. Atleast we have a game in hand against Arsenal. It is vital if Chelsea wishes to land Mourinho. Although, if Alex Ferguson retires, Mou will probably go to ManU.

You mean the good news for Chelsea is that they have a game in hand whereas Arsenal do not, the bad news is, that game in hand is against the other club fighting for a top 4 finish. I'd prefer Chelsea and Spurs draw that match.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Liverpool faithful that frequent this thread: What do you make of Rodgers telling reporters qualification to europe through the "fair play" rule will be rejected? Does that mean if we get it the traditional 6th place way, we will accept it?

Seems like a real misstep here.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":3v9geazj said:
TwilightError":3v9geazj said:

You mean the good news for Chelsea is that they have a game in hand whereas Arsenal do not, the bad news is, that game in hand is against the other club fighting for a top 4 finish. I'd prefer Chelsea and Spurs draw that match.

I'd prefer the lot of you catch the clap and spend the summer scratching little bugs off your balls....

welcome to the board TwilightError

Uncle Si

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":11mxlpin said:
Liverpool faithful that frequent this thread: What do you make of Rodgers telling reporters qualification to europe through the "fair play" rule will be rejected? Does that mean if we get it the traditional 6th place way, we will accept it?

Seems like a real misstep here.

No idea what he's on about. i figure we need Europa more than we dont. but its not massively critical. Been talking alot with people about the downfall of PL teams as compared to the other leagues and a great point was brought up... that the PL suffers in European competition because of the attention they must pay to league play and securing 4th. Struck me that perhaps watering our schedule down with crucial trips to the continent and then burn back to take on Southampton or Stoke or whomever on a Sat. afternoon isnt the best philosophy for catching 4th. Maybe Rodgers feels similarly and will reject any need to play those games if given the choice.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":14ayyr6h said:
Gatehawk":14ayyr6h said:
TwilightError":14ayyr6h said:

I'd prefer the lot of you catch the clap and spend the summer scratching little bugs off your balls....

where the hell did that come from? I wasn't even talking about Liverpool either.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Gatehawk":3ep1cxe9 said:

The game in hand is against Spurs, which is a tough one but also there is a game against ManU.. I don't mind dropping out of the Champions League since we just won it last year but it will be harder to get the best available coach without a CL spot in hand.

Uncle Si":3ep1cxe9 said:

Thanks.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":1wgrf7lf said:
Uncle Si":1wgrf7lf said:
Gatehawk":1wgrf7lf said:
where the hell did that come from? I wasn't even talking about Liverpool either.

Damnit Gate, why do i need a reason to wish VDs on Arsenal and Chelsea fans. dont ruin this for me

Twilight.... Chelsea needs that CL spot more than Arsenal or Spurs. Have to figure Rafa is out and they need a strong replacement.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
TwilightError":12ht0orj said:
Gatehawk":12ht0orj said:

The game in hand is against Spurs, which is a tough one but also there is a game against ManU.. I don't mind dropping out of the Champions League since we just won it last year but it will be harder to get the best available coach without a CL spot in hand.

Uncle Si":12ht0orj said:

Thanks.

The Spurs Chelsea game is huge. If Spurs don't win I doubt we'll make the Champions League.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2g22enzx said:
Twilight.... Chelsea needs that CL spot more than Arsenal or Spurs. Have to figure Rafa is out and they need a strong replacement.

That was my point.

Hawkspur":2g22enzx said:
The Spurs Chelsea game is huge. If Spurs don't win I doubt we'll make the Champions League.

I agree. Its basically same for Chelsea except that a tie would be alright. A victory would make it almost certain. Loss makes it very difficult.

Btw. Its nice to see there's PL people on the board! Even though you guys support the wrong teams :)

Smurf

Reaction score
TwilightError":37mdey72 said:
Uncle Si":37mdey72 said:

That was my point.

Hawkspur":37mdey72 said:

I agree. Its basically same for Chelsea except that a tie would be alright. A victory would make it almost certain. Loss makes it very difficult.

Btw. Its nice to see there's PL people on the board! Even though you guys support the wrong teams :)

Sorry, I've been basking in winning the league for the 20th time...What were we talking about?