Rookie Jersey you'd buy

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Rookie Jersey you'd buy
Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:45 pm
  • What player if we drafted them would you instantly want to buy their jersey? Obviously at #56 we aren't going to get the superstars from this draft but are there any guys out there you are hoping we get so you can get their gear?

I'm having a hard time finding a rookie i think will have the type of impact on our team worthy of purchasing his jersey but if we somehow got DeAndre Hopkins I think I'd feel comfortable he's going to be a playmaker in this league for a while.

Justin Hunter, Tyrann Mathieu, Jordan Reed, and Gavin Escobar would be tempting too. I don't think an OL, DL, or LB could tempt me as I'd rather have a jersey of the current groups like Okung, Irvin, Wagner.
    Last edited by Wenhawk on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Rookie Jersey you'd buy
Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:24 pm
  • I think i've bought my last jersey. Too damn expensive.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:50 pm
  • I haven't bought a jersey since the Alexander jersey sale of 2007. I haven't even bought a Russell Wilson jersey and I basically founded his fan club.

That said, I would love to wear a John Simon jersey if Seattle drafted him and they were on sale for like ten bucks or something.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:22 pm
  • If cost wasn't an issue I'd love a Gavin Escobar jersey
    Skittles - The candy of champions.
    Seahawksfan425
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:54 am
  • kearly wrote:I haven't bought a jersey since the Alexander jersey sale of 2007. I haven't even bought a Russell Wilson jersey and I basically founded his fan club.

That said, I would love to wear a John Simon jersey if Seattle drafted him and they were on sale for like ten bucks or something.

I founded his fan club fwiw.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:08 am
  • Simon or Swope

Probably Simon. I prefer defensive players. Simon is the kind of player I can see being proud to wear his number.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:48 am
  • Probably none until they play.. but Ertz would be tempting
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:08 am
  • Slay, but that probably won't happen.

Who wouldn't want a jersey with the name "Slay" on the back?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:08 am
  • The last rookie jersey I bought was an Aaron Curry. The last rookie jersey I bought was an Aaron Curry.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:31 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:The last rookie jersey I bought was an Aaron Curry. The last rookie jersey I bought was an Aaron Curry.

Soo the last rookie jersey you got was an Aaron Curry?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:45 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:The last rookie jersey I bought was an Aaron Curry. The last rookie jersey I bought was an Aaron Curry.

No no no I think what he's trying to say is the last rookie jersey he got was an Aaron Curry.
    Skittles - The candy of champions.
    Seahawksfan425
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:22 pm
  • I'd never pick a rookie, I don't even like FA/trade jerseys until they've played well enough to be called a Hawk lol. My boyfriend bought me a Percy Harvin, I wouldn't even try it on, I took it back and exchanged it for an Earl Thomas.

Have high hopes for Harvin, but he'll have to prove himself as a Hawk before I wear his number.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:24 pm
  • I want the Hawks to draft Matt Scott just for his jersey.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:50 pm
  • Lady Talon wrote:I'd never pick a rookie, I don't even like FA/trade jerseys until they've played well enough to be called a Hawk lol. My boyfriend bought me a Percy Harvin, I wouldn't even try it on, I took it back and exchanged it for an Earl Thomas.

Have high hopes for Harvin, but he'll have to prove himself as a Hawk before I wear his number.

Really I just got a Harvin and am jacked to have it. He has proven his NFL credentials already.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:30 am
  • Wenhawk wrote:
    Lady Talon wrote:I'd never pick a rookie, I don't even like FA/trade jerseys until they've played well enough to be called a Hawk lol. My boyfriend bought me a Percy Harvin, I wouldn't even try it on, I took it back and exchanged it for an Earl Thomas.

Really I just got a Harvin and am jacked to have it. He has proven his NFL credentials already.

Housh had some pretty decent credentials. If Harvin becomes who I think he is...then maybe Ill buy his jersey in a few years. Can't go wrong with a ET jersey either way.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:02 am
  • ET is safer than a Tatupu jersery. I see him a seahawk throughout the '10s.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:04 pm
  • I hadn't had much luck with my jerseys when I have purchased rookies or trades so with the expensive new one I went with the no fail #12 Fan jerseys.

2001-#81 Koren Robinson- Home
    2005-#26 Ken Hamlin- Home
    2006-#83 Deion Banch- Away
    2007-#51 Lofa Tatupu- Home
    2007-#8 Matt Hasselbeck- Away
    2010-#18 Sidney Rice- Home
    2012-#12 Alt
    2012-#12 Home
    2013-#11 Harvin Away
    2013-#3 Wilson Home
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:40 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:The last rookie jersey I bought was an Aaron Curry. The last rookie jersey I bought was an Aaron Curry.

The last rookie jersey I bought was an Aaron Curry.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:06 pm
  • I haven't bought a jersey in a while, the last one I think was Ken Hamlin. Of the players that might be available to us in the 2nd & 3rd rounds I would chose one of the following players...
    Alabama (DT) Jesse Williams - He is not going to be that pass rushing stud that we need, but I could see him playing 10+ years on the d-line. Just a big bad a-- dude that would continue the tradition of big physical style of defense.

Oregon (OT) Kyle Long - I'm a big fan of big intimidating players that can back it up on the field. Breno Giacomini is that guy right on the o-line but I don't think he is going to get re-signed once his contract expires. Long could be the tone setter on the o-line.

Kansas St (WR) Chris Harper - Harper is one of my favorite players in the draft. He is not the fastest guy, but he is a big physical WR that has great hands and I think he will be a fan favorite. He is not going to be a perennial Pro Bowl player, but his style of play is fun to watch.

So, maybe not the flashy players in the draft but just hard nose tough players.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:55 pm
  • Lady Talon wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:
    Lady Talon wrote:I'd never pick a rookie, I don't even like FA/trade jerseys until they've played well enough to be called a Hawk lol. My boyfriend bought me a Percy Harvin, I wouldn't even try it on, I took it back and exchanged it for an Earl Thomas.

Housh had some pretty decent credentials. If Harvin becomes who I think he is...then maybe Ill buy his jersey in a few years. Can't go wrong with a ET jersey either way.

Please dont ever mentioned Housh and Harvin together again please.

Thanks
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:29 am
  • Well, we drafted two of the players, Jesse Williams & Chris Harper, who's jersey I said I would buy.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information