Schedule on NFL.com Seahawks @ Panthers Week 1

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Other teams are forced to play at the CLink...I'll take my 10am starts knowing we have the Ace card at home. Good teams win whenever/wherever they are to play. You make your adjustments and roll with it. You can't complain...once a team starts doing that, then it manifests into a loss. If you can't change it...embrace it. Adversity makes a team stronger. And the biggest adversity I see is the game at SF following the Monday Nighter. At least that Monday game is at home (where West coast teams get the "luxury" of the game ending at 9ish and not 12am-ish) then our shortest road trip possible. (Man...I sound like Russell Wilson right now! haha)

Go Hawks!

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Good grief, you'd think this is 2004 given all the whining about the 10am games. Yeah, it's not perfect, but they should be good enough to deal with it. If 10am games put that much of a dent into our performance, we aren't as good as we were expecting

jlwaters1

Reaction score
pehawk":31ulbhcx said:
STOP THE 10AM WHINING!! This aint Holmgren's Hawks...and this is Wilson's 2nd year. RELAX...it's PERFECT.

AGREED! Let's stop the built in excuses. This club will be ready to kick arse no matter where and what time! If we really are a super bowl calibur team than this doesn't matter. It will only make the Seahawks stronger.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
jlwaters1":25ucm6pq said:
pehawk":25ucm6pq said:
STOP THE 10AM WHINING!! This aint Holmgren's Hawks...and this is Wilson's 2nd year. RELAX...it's PERFECT.

AGREED! Let's stop the built in excuses. This club will be ready to kick arse no matter where and what time! If we really are a super bowl calibur team than this doesn't matter. It will only make the Seahawks stronger.
:|
Ok, "Give me an S..... , Give me an E.... "
Again, fellow Seahawks fans. Please see the point that there's a difference between acknowledging a possible factor that Sando even brings up vs. labeling your fellow fans "whiners". I doubt there's any Hawks fan who thinks this team is in trouble in any game. That's not the point of the matter.

mikeak

Reaction score
hawksfanohio":osozq0h0 said:
mikeak":osozq0h0 said:
From a Sando post last year. Clear trend

2005-2010 Road Records: West Coast Teams
TEAM 10 A.M. PT LATER TOTALS
San Francisco 49ers 6-27 6-9 12-36
Oakland Raiders 9-21 4-14 13-35
Arizona Cardinals 8-19 8-13 16-32
Seattle Seahawks 10-16 7-15 17-31
San Diego Chargers 12-11 16-9 28-20
Totals 45-94 41-60 86-154

Hmmm.... I wonder how these stats compare to west coast teams traveling east to play at 1 p.m. pacific?

That is column two the one that says later - that is anything but 10am games so throws in MNF etc.

For the poster that said that SD did good. Yes BUT look at their record in the other group. they went 12-11 early games and 16-9 in later games. Once again a clear trend of doing better in the afternoon / night games on the east coast

This is five years of data - you can choose to ignore it or think the Seahawks are above it but it is a negative to the west coast teams. It is a shame for any west coast team and I am mainly ignored that Goodell said "The league is working on scheduling more East Coast games involving West Coast teams in late-afternoon slots to avoid what amounts to a 10 a.m. kickoff for the western teams."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85396 ... p-pro-bowl

Scottemojo

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":forhomz2 said:
jlwaters1":forhomz2 said:
pehawk":forhomz2 said:

:|
Ok, "Give me an S..... , Give me an E.... "
Again, fellow Seahawks fans. Please see the point that there's a difference between acknowledging a possible factor that Sando even brings up vs. labeling your fellow fans "whiners". I doubt there's any Hawks fan who thinks this team is in trouble in any game. That's not the point of the matter.

According to that chart, the Hawks have a better winning percentage in 10 AM starts than later starts. Just saying.

A

Anonymous

It's all about what time you go to bed. As you get enough rest, you're good to go.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
seabowl":20fzv5n9 said:
Axx":20fzv5n9 said:
Not sure why everyone is worried about playing at 10:00 AM.

"100 yards is 100 yards" ~ Some dude

Why not see for yourself. If you normally wake up at 7am then try and wake up at 5am and see how you perform at work. Oh and by the way why not fly some 1500 miles a couple days before and if I forgot to mention have 50k+ fans watching you work and also have it televised. 100 yards is 100 yards but it can seem like 1000 when you are jet lagged and haven't gotten enough sleep.

You do realize that PC and staff plan for this by leaving a day early to get acclimated to the time. I guarantee you PC doesn't blame the losses on the early start.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
mikeak":2y7km0an said:
hawksfanohio":2y7km0an said:
mikeak":2y7km0an said:
From a Sando post last year. Clear trend

2005-2010 Road Records: West Coast Teams
TEAM 10 A.M. PT LATER TOTALS
San Francisco 49ers 6-27 6-9 12-36
Oakland Raiders 9-21 4-14 13-35
Arizona Cardinals 8-19 8-13 16-32
Seattle Seahawks 10-16 7-15 17-31
San Diego Chargers 12-11 16-9 28-20
Totals 45-94 41-60 86-154

Hmmm.... I wonder how these stats compare to west coast teams traveling east to play at 1 p.m. pacific?

That is column two the one that says later - that is anything but 10am games so throws in MNF etc.

For the poster that said that SD did good. Yes BUT look at their record in the other group. they went 12-11 early games and 16-9 in later games. Once again a clear trend of doing better in the afternoon / night games on the east coast

This is five years of data - you can choose to ignore it or think the Seahawks are above it but it is a negative to the west coast teams. It is a shame for any west coast team and I am mainly ignored that Goodell said "The league is working on scheduling more East Coast games involving West Coast teams in late-afternoon slots to avoid what amounts to a 10 a.m. kickoff for the western teams."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85396 ... p-pro-bowl
Ah, my mistake. Thanks for point that out. I did miss that. Again, excellent post and points.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Well both of our schedules have their "yays" and "nays". I am happy to see that they decided to make things fair after last year and have our first matchup at your joint week 2 when it will be far too early to decide anything, and better yet BOTH our teams will/should be healthy.

mikeak

Reaction score
jlwaters1":37g1tq09 said:
seabowl":37g1tq09 said:
Axx":37g1tq09 said:
Not sure why everyone is worried about playing at 10:00 AM.

"100 yards is 100 yards" ~ Some dude

Why not see for yourself. If you normally wake up at 7am then try and wake up at 5am and see how you perform at work. Oh and by the way why not fly some 1500 miles a couple days before and if I forgot to mention have 50k+ fans watching you work and also have it televised. 100 yards is 100 yards but it can seem like 1000 when you are jet lagged and haven't gotten enough sleep.

You do realize that PC and staff plan for this by leaving a day early to get acclimated to the time. I guarantee you PC doesn't blame the losses on the early start.

Do you have a link to this information? Last year it was discussed that they do not do anything different for East Coast travel days. This was discussed when many thought they should leave earlier for those games. Several of us also said they should have gone straight from DC to Atlanta.......

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
NinerLifer":368ynyzz said:
Well both of our schedules have their "yays" and "nays". I am happy to see that they decided to make things fair after last year and have our first matchup at your joint week 2 when it will be far too early to decide anything, and better yet BOTH our teams will/should be healthy.
Yeah but the problem for your guys is that by the time Seattle comes to the Twig late in the season they'll have the division all sewn up so there won't be anything to play for.
Oh wait, the Seahawks be gunning for HFA throughout the playoffs so I guess our team will still be dialed in.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2dzlmqub said:
NinerLifer":2dzlmqub said:
Yeah but the problem for your guys is that by the time Seattle comes to the Twig late in the season they'll have the division all sewn up so there won't be anything to play for.
Oh wait, the Seahawks be gunning for HFA throughout the playoffs so I guess our team will still be dialed in.

In all honesty, I don't see that scenario with your schedule. For the reasons that have already been complained about in this thread.

jack_patera

Reaction score
the winner of our division, and probably any for that matter, will be the team that manages to stay the healthiest....may the gods let that be my mighty seahawks...

RichNhansom

Reaction score
OK, lets call it for what it is. The NFL's way of steering parity. Last year it was the Niners that everyone thought would run away with the Lombardi without a real challenge. They had a brutal schedule including 5 10am east coast starts. They handled it very well and for the most part overcame it. This year it is the Seahawks that are threatening to rip the lid off and so we now need to respond in kind.

You can look at those 10am starts as the NFL feeling those teams (mostly last years playoff teams) need a head start. Fine. We'll give you two quarters to do your best but beware of waking the sleeping Giant. I will trust our defense to keep things interesting early but I will give no apologies for the damage we will wreak in the second half.

I think we are up for the challenge plus the future is bright for this very young team.

Beat the best in their house and on their schedule and earn the respect. The earn everything is coming into full swing.

hawk45

Reaction score
I whine about early starts as much as the next fellow, but the Panthers are going to get smoked.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
xCalibur":qao1371j said:
NFL Network shows some love and picks Seattle to finish this schedule at 12-4...anyone else agree with this...i defintely can see us pulling oout at least another 11-5 against this schedule.
14-2 book it. Hawks season of domination ends with Paul Allen hoisting the Lombardi trophy! 10am starts don't scare RW3!