Russell Wilson, King Of Prussia (Phish Content)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Not sure if anyone out there is a Phish fan.

For the uninitiated Phish has a song called "Wilson" that involves the audience chanting "WILSON" during the song.

Example:

Guitarist Trey Anastasio had a solo show the other night in Seattle and had a request for the 12s. I for one support it:

Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• “This is how you have to help me out: I wanted to do this all last football season. I don't really know how we're going to pull this off. I say “we,” because we're going to do this together. But by next season, every time Russell Wilson walks onto the field...I think you know where I'm going with this - social media – tell your friends! Somebody has to make this happen because we've been waiting for someone to make Wilson be a sports-song. I'll play the song - you guys make it happen!" - Trey Anastasio
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• I was there last night for this show - awesome moment. I can imagine the Clink all screaming WILLLLLSOOOOOON at one time when DangeRuss steps onto the field - it'd be so bad ass. I was hoping someone could make a highlight video with that song, I'm not good on those types of tasks but I'd love for this to be part of our tradition at the Clink.
    Season Ticket Holder, Section 127 - Row I

Video of Player Intros from my seats, Jags game 2009.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nddIoamjN08
    ExperienceJones
    NET Rookie

• ExperienceJones wrote:I was there last night for this show - awesome moment. I can imagine the Clink all screaming WILLLLLSOOOOOON at one time when DangeRuss steps onto the field - it'd be so bad ass. I was hoping someone could make a highlight video with that song, I'm not good on those types of tasks but I'd love for this to be part of our tradition at the Clink.

Might be a strange highlight video because you would have to use a live version of the song.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• Basis4day wrote:
    ExperienceJones wrote:I was there last night for this show - awesome moment. I can imagine the Clink all screaming WILLLLLSOOOOOON at one time when DangeRuss steps onto the field - it'd be so bad ass. I was hoping someone could make a highlight video with that song, I'm not good on those types of tasks but I'd love for this to be part of our tradition at the Clink.

Might be a strange highlight video because you would have to use a live version of the song.

Might be, but I'd still love to see it.

ExperienceJones
    NET Rookie

• YES, THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Anybody know the stadium DJ guy?
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

• Da dum... Da dum... WILLLLLLLLLL-SSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOON!
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• I was kind of all for this but if you do your research... the character Trey Anastasio implies as "Wilson" is an evil king that takes over a land of Lizard people called "Gamehendge".

So no.

Russell Wilson is a savior and that is the way God intended it.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• Somebody send Trey a Russell Wilson jersey to wear at the Gorge this summer.

ExperienceJones
    NET Rookie

• Pandion Haliaetus wrote:I was kind of all for this but if you do your research... the character Trey Anastasio implies as "Wilson" is an evil king that takes over a land of Lizard people called "Gamehendge".

So no.

Russell Wilson is a savior and that is the way God intended it.

I'm fine with Wilson taking over the game.

But to your point. I'm aware of the plot for "The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday". But it's pretty absurd as it is and the "Wilson" chant is still awesome (For heaven's sake, it has a executioner named "AC/DC Bag").

http://phish.net/faq/gamehendge
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• ExperienceJones wrote:Somebody send Trey a Russell Wilson jersey to wear at the Gorge this summer.

It's perfect - Wilson is #3

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope this becomes a thing.

Also, I wish the music they played when the players run out of the tunnel was Tweezer Reprise... it would get people P & J'd.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

• A-Dog wrote:
    ExperienceJones wrote:Somebody send Trey a Russell Wilson jersey to wear at the Gorge this summer.

It's perfect - Wilson is #3

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope this becomes a thing.

Also, I wish the music they played when the players run out of the tunnel was Tweezer Reprise... it would get people P & J'd.

WONDERFUL IDEA!! Phish is one of the finest bands ever created!!
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• I wish I could find the post, but I suggested this many many months ago! I was ignored. That's okay. I'm really knocked out to see some other phans here. My last show was the Gorge in 2011. Favorite was Big Cypress! WIIILLLSSSOOOONN!

I vote right now that the stadium does it after every RW TD. Pass and run. Let the crowd go nuts for about 10 seconds, then before the PAT.... duh-duh... duh-duh... WIIIILLLLLSSSSOOOOONN!!! It would be in every broadcast, every touchdown. That's some epicness right there.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• HawkAroundTheClock wrote:I wish I could find the post, but I suggested this many many months ago! I was ignored. That's okay. I'm really knocked out to see some other phans here. My last show was the Gorge in 2011. Favorite was Big Cypress! WIIILLLSSSOOOONN!

I vote right now that the stadium does it after every RW TD. Pass and run. Let the crowd go nuts for about 10 seconds, then before the PAT.... duh-duh... duh-duh... WIIIILLLLLSSSSOOOOONN!!! It would be in every broadcast, every touchdown. That's some epicness right there.

I suggested it as well, but it really only makes sense to other phans. Doing my best to get the 12s on board. :0190l:

Side note. Reba Jam. Best thing about Phish period.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• Man how can any kid be asked to live up to this much hype? It almost doesn't seem fair. But dang the kid works hard and has a lot of heart. I think if anyone can do it he can.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• Didn't hear it mysefl but apparently Danny O'Niel on with Brock this morning was dogging on Phish.

ExperienceJones
    NET Rookie

• I never got why Phish makes some usually normal people so biting, bitter, and butthurt. Like Trey said in Bittersweet Motel, it's almost like they get offended that so many people can be so excited about something that the haters just don't understand. Oh well.

Being a Phish phan has some parallels to being a fervent Seahawks fan, especially early last year, before everybody was paying attention. While the mainstream goes gaga for Maroon 5 (or whatever the hell they like), and the safe, steady Steelers, Pats, & Pack, etc., those in the know get to experience something way more exciting going on in this little pocket of collective energy. Phish pulled off a coup when they held the world's largest Y2K gathering/concert in Big Cypress, Florida ... much like the Seahawks will when they win the Lombardi Trophy. The uninitiated will wonder how the heck it happened, while we will enjoy the groovy vibes. :)

And I agree about the Reba jam. So choice. It's always been a favorite of mine.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• Perhaps a slight change in lyrics would be better:

(duduh, duduh) RUUUU-SEEEEELL (duduh, duduh) WIIIIIL-SOOOOOON......repeat if necessary

I honestly can't think of a time it would be appropriate when it's quiet enough to pull off. Before drives? HEEEEELLL NOOOOOOO! Time for the 12's to shut up when the offense is starting a drive.

After TD's? Good luck hearing it.

During Time-Outs? Maybe. Just make sure to remember the pre-drive rules.
    SEC 139 ROW AA SEAT 3
    seatt1eslew
    NET Veteran

• So, they did it. I think most people missed it. When the Hawks O came out for their first drive, the PA tried to get the WILSON! chant going. Seemed like half the fans got it by the 2nd half of the 2nd chant.

Unacceptable 12s! lol
    SEC 139 ROW AA SEAT 3
    seatt1eslew
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:06 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information