Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • MLOhawks wrote:
    AbsolutNET wrote:http://www.fbi.gov/news/updates-on-investigation-into-multiple-explosions-in-boston/updates-on-investigation-into-multiple-explosions-in-boston

Pictures released by the Feds of a couple guys they are interested in

If you click on to the picture page, it really makes you realize how unrealistic all those crime shows are where they digitally enhance and clear up the images to make the face clear. I know that you can't, because the pixels simply don't exist, the data isn't there and the computer has to "fill in" the missing data which causes blurry images when blown up.

I bet someone in that crowd has a clear picture of one of these guys and simply doesn't realize it yet.

Oh they exist all right they are expensive as hell and businesses that put them up outside are not going to spend the tens of thousands of dollars it could cost when they could be stolen or damaged.

And the comment about a picture from someone in the crowd? I'd wager they are counting on people looking at their picture to see.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• MLOhawks wrote:
    AbsolutNET wrote:http://www.fbi.gov/news/updates-on-investigation-into-multiple-explosions-in-boston/updates-on-investigation-into-multiple-explosions-in-boston

Pictures released by the Feds of a couple guys they are interested in

If you click on to the picture page, it really makes you realize how unrealistic all those crime shows are where they digitally enhance and clear up the images to make the face clear. I know that you can't, because the pixels simply don't exist, the data isn't there and the computer has to "fill in" the missing data which causes blurry images when blown up.

I bet someone in that crowd has a clear picture of one of these guys and simply doesn't realize it yet.

I'm willing to bet someone does too.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• For those who offered, thanks for the supportive words...I know I overreacted a bit, but I'm a bit more sensitive towards these types of acts (cowardly bombs) since I've been directly in the middle of such attacks like this (tho, I would not call myself an innocent, being a soldier), and have seen these types of IED (Improvised Explosive Device) used against real Iraqi innocents. Thinking I was in anyway responsible for any sort of terrorist attack is a bit dumb, but that's sort of the person I am. No matter how much I know can't change something, there's still that little bit that thinks I can. In a way, i wish more people higher up in the government had some of that same mentality. Maybe we'd see less of these sort of things in our country. Anyway, I hope these bastards get caught soon.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• I posted this elsewhere. Aunt swears it can't be these kids cause they are angels.

Wants proof and thinks anything up to this point is made up.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/sus ... 16201.html
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Most people that end up doing heinous things have family and friends that are shocked and appalled, and "simply can't believe it"... Just more evidence that people see what they want to see, and that people CAN be evil but put up a good front that very few people, if any, can see through.

Baking cookies for your neighbor means you can't do bad things. True story. :roll:

Anybody is capable of anything. Believing otherwise is naive. Feeling surprised is perfectly fine, refusing to accept it is not.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Previous

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information