Seahawks re-sign Steven Hauschka

sutz

Reaction score
I think part of this whole discussion is that the team is so stocked with talent at most positions, people are scratching for something to argue about to improve the team.

I don't see it as a huge issue, one way or the other. I'm fine with Haushka long term, if that's the way we go. I'm also fine if we go another direction. :229031_shrug:

Happypuppy

Reaction score
A decent move. He did not seem to be getting any interest and I am sure the deal is Seahawk friendly. Draft one as well and let them fight it out in camp.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Do we know that there was no outside interest in him? I feel like this deal might have been reached in principle a long time ago. The Lions signed Akers weeks ago, and I can't imagine why they would do that if Hauschka was legitimately available.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Careful what you wish for. If we do lose Hauschka for a big leg kicker and said kicker starts losing games on 40 and 45 yard field goals ya'll gonna be beggin for Haushka.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I am fine with it he is a very solid kicker. Never know if they take a flyer on one in the 7th round regardless.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
happy about it. As i said earlier I don't mind forgoing the gamble of a long FG to play field position. It pissed me off the first couple times it happened but its a good route to go. Hauschka is good from inside 50. We were spoiled for a few good years with Josh Brown.

chris98251

Reaction score
Those guys that make that 58 yarder make people jump and scream for more, then he begins to shank 35 yarders and has a 75 percent average, you lose 2 games for every one you win from a long distance because of accuracy.

David Akers anyone, doesn't have that distance mind you but thats what you could end up with, Hauschka is consistent, if we don't score or can't move the ball inside the 40 I blame the offense not the kicker anyway unless the defense plays so poorly that we can't stop anyone.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
No one is saying they are willing to give up accuracy for 60 yarders but rather it would be nice to have both.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
sutz":3uc6ao0j said:
I don't see it as a huge issue, one way or the other. I'm fine with Haushka long term, if that's the way we go. I'm also fine if we go another direction. :229031_shrug:
This. I was a little leery when we didn't re-sign Mare, but my angst turned out to be unfounded.

BTW, we picked up Hauschka after Denver released him during the preseason. If we don't draft a kicker, that doesn't mean we're not going to get one later.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I like the move. He was consistent last year. I don't blame him for getting injured on that crappy (to say the least) FedEx Field.

hawk45

Reaction score
I'm ecstatic we got Hauschka back. He was automatic last year. We don't need Legatron who dazzles for a few games then shanks makeable figgies in other games. We need a guy who can put it through the uprights when Russell gets us to the 30 with time ticking away.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
v1rotv2":374sgff2 said:
No one is saying they are willing to give up accuracy for 60 yarders but rather it would be nice to have both.

Not easy to get both, if a guy comes along who can do both great but having a solid Hauschka in case we don't is the way to go.

Heyseed

Reaction score
Hauschka is great. The question will be his durability.

sutz

Reaction score
Heyseed":14txzd5a said:
Seriously? The kicker? How often do kickers get hurt, anyway?

He strained his leg on the crappiest field in the NFL. Not really his fault.

The Outfield

Reaction score
sutz":1rgd9tbw said:
Heyseed":1rgd9tbw said:
Seriously? The kicker? How often do kickers get hurt, anyway?

He strained his leg on the crappiest field in the NFL. Not really his fault.

:13: :13: :13:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Even weak legs can make extra points. IMHO Seattle will be scoring a lot of TD's this year and won't need as many FG's!