NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
seahawk2k":3hk47hxy said:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9190217/letter-maloofs-favor-seattle-deal-sacramento-kings

Good to hear the details come out that the Sac group is basically pitching smoke and mirrors. I'm feeling pretty good about this right now.

From that article:

"Based on these factors ... we and our advisors see no reason to continue any dialogue with the Sacramento group or to give any further consideration to negotiating back-up offers based on its latest non-binding proposal," the letter said.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Interesting exchange between Chris Daniels and Stern during his presser here:

Q. Question for both of you. Commissioner Stern, are you trying to influence this decision one way or the other or trying to push the owners of the NBA one way or the other in making this decision?

STERN: Actually, despite what you’ve written and said, the answer is no.

Q. Well, I’m glad to know that you do read our website and watch our TV station so I appreciate that.

STERN: I’m waiting to see something accurate.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Throwdown":20g8rmmz said:
He votes against us he'll forever be a bitch in my eyes, saving the Seahawks gets anulled
Come on. Paul Allen is just covering his ass via PR. He'll vote enthusiastically for the Sonics and his "very good friend" Steve Ballmer. Are you kidding me? THese guys have barbecues together while enjoying bondage performance-art. :) I wish this was the Shack and I coulda said what I wanted.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3p2cl2hx said:

Q. Question for both of you. Commissioner Stern, are you trying to influence this decision one way or the other or trying to push the owners of the NBA one way or the other in making this decision?

Q. Well, I’m glad to know that you do read our website and watch our TV station so I appreciate that.

Stern has a beef with Daniels, its awkward as hell.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":3hzug8g8 said:
Blitzer88":3hzug8g8 said:

If Stern thinks that Seattle is spewing false info or propaganda against him that just adds another piece to why he favors Sacramento. Stern definitely wasn't as brash when it came to sac-Town reporters.

chris98251

Reaction score
Stern wants our ownership group in the NBA, the rest of the owners want them as well. Stern is still butt hurt about being told to take a number when he came to Seattle, I'm sure the reporters that covered that as in Daniels probably also wrote some not so flattering stories since the Sonics were put on the fast track out of Seattle to Okie town versus this slow crawl to Seattle from Sacramento.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2qz7u56x said:
Throwdown":2qz7u56x said:
Blitzer88":2qz7u56x said:

If Stern thinks that Seattle is spewing false info or propaganda against him that just adds another piece to why he favors Sacramento. Stern definitely wasn't as brash when it came to sac-Town reporters.

Dear god man, you read into this too much. He gave them as many non answers as he did us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts