Russell Wilson, King Of Prussia (Phish Content)

Basis4day

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone out there is a Phish fan.

For the uninitiated Phish has a song called "Wilson" that involves the audience chanting "WILSON" during the song.

Example:

[youtube]AfcWWv1Z-1k[/youtube]

Guitarist Trey Anastasio had a solo show the other night in Seattle and had a request for the 12s. I for one support it:

[youtube]NY5njYZw2cA[/youtube]

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
“This is how you have to help me out: I wanted to do this all last football season. I don't really know how we're going to pull this off. I say “we,” because we're going to do this together. But by next season, every time Russell Wilson walks onto the field...I think you know where I'm going with this - social media – tell your friends! Somebody has to make this happen because we've been waiting for someone to make Wilson be a sports-song. I'll play the song - you guys make it happen!" - Trey Anastasio

ExperienceJones

Reaction score
I was there last night for this show - awesome moment. I can imagine the Clink all screaming WILLLLLSOOOOOON at one time when DangeRuss steps onto the field - it'd be so bad ass. I was hoping someone could make a highlight video with that song, I'm not good on those types of tasks but I'd love for this to be part of our tradition at the Clink.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
ExperienceJones":3tsv4m05 said:
I was there last night for this show - awesome moment. I can imagine the Clink all screaming WILLLLLSOOOOOON at one time when DangeRuss steps onto the field - it'd be so bad ass. I was hoping someone could make a highlight video with that song, I'm not good on those types of tasks but I'd love for this to be part of our tradition at the Clink.

Might be a strange highlight video because you would have to use a live version of the song.

ExperienceJones

Reaction score
Basis4day":3j3yko87 said:
ExperienceJones":3j3yko87 said:

Might be a strange highlight video because you would have to use a live version of the song.

Might be, but I'd still love to see it.

A-Dog

Reaction score
YES, THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Anybody know the stadium DJ guy?

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
Da dum... Da dum... WILLLLLLLLLL-SSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I was kind of all for this but if you do your research... the character Trey Anastasio implies as "Wilson" is an evil king that takes over a land of Lizard people called "Gamehendge".

So no.

Russell Wilson is a savior and that is the way God intended it.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2vkmzzbg said:
I was kind of all for this but if you do your research... the character Trey Anastasio implies as "Wilson" is an evil king that takes over a land of Lizard people called "Gamehendge".

So no.

Russell Wilson is a savior and that is the way God intended it.

I'm fine with Wilson taking over the game.

But to your point. I'm aware of the plot for "The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday". But it's pretty absurd as it is and the "Wilson" chant is still awesome (For heaven's sake, it has a executioner named "AC/DC Bag").

http://phish.net/faq/gamehendge

A-Dog

Reaction score
ExperienceJones":hk0s24yn said:
Somebody send Trey a Russell Wilson jersey to wear at the Gorge this summer.

It's perfect - Wilson is #3

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope this becomes a thing.

Also, I wish the music they played when the players run out of the tunnel was Tweezer Reprise... it would get people P & J'd.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
A-Dog":3dyl9g6j said:
ExperienceJones":3dyl9g6j said:
Somebody send Trey a Russell Wilson jersey to wear at the Gorge this summer.

It's perfect - Wilson is #3

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope this becomes a thing.

Also, I wish the music they played when the players run out of the tunnel was Tweezer Reprise... it would get people P & J'd.

WONDERFUL IDEA!! Phish is one of the finest bands ever created!!

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I wish I could find the post, but I suggested this many many months ago! I was ignored. That's okay. I'm really knocked out to see some other phans here. My last show was the Gorge in 2011. Favorite was Big Cypress! WIIILLLSSSOOOONN!

I vote right now that the stadium does it after every RW TD. Pass and run. Let the crowd go nuts for about 10 seconds, then before the PAT.... duh-duh... duh-duh... WIIIILLLLLSSSSOOOOONN!!! It would be in every broadcast, every touchdown. That's some epicness right there.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":2pv58j1c said:
I wish I could find the post, but I suggested this many many months ago! I was ignored. That's okay. I'm really knocked out to see some other phans here. My last show was the Gorge in 2011. Favorite was Big Cypress! WIIILLLSSSOOOONN!

I vote right now that the stadium does it after every RW TD. Pass and run. Let the crowd go nuts for about 10 seconds, then before the PAT.... duh-duh... duh-duh... WIIIILLLLLSSSSOOOOONN!!! It would be in every broadcast, every touchdown. That's some epicness right there.

I suggested it as well, but it really only makes sense to other phans. Doing my best to get the 12s on board. :0190l:

Side note. Reba Jam. Best thing about Phish period.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Man how can any kid be asked to live up to this much hype? It almost doesn't seem fair. But dang the kid works hard and has a lot of heart. I think if anyone can do it he can.