Season Ticket Upgrade Status

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Season Ticket Upgrade Status
Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:01 pm
  • Hey everyone,

Yesterday I had my chance to relocate my season tickets. To my surprise, there is almost nothing available. If you haven't had the chance to explore your upgrade chances, my bet is you aren't going anywhere, at least this year. Judging by the availability, you can guarantee Seahawks tickets will be a hot ticket.

I can say however that they have perfected the way you choose your seats. They offer a more realistic view of the seats. Check it out for yourself here. http://seahawks.io-media.com
    Attachments
    Screen Shot 2013-04-16 at 11.17.50 AM.jpg
    When you select any green section, you are met with this.
    Screen Shot 2013-04-16 at 11.17.50 AM.jpg (52.95 KiB) Viewed 2860 times
    Screen Shot 2013-04-16 at 11.18.09 AM.jpg
    The first pic you see when you try to upgrade. Looks promising right?
    Screen Shot 2013-04-16 at 11.18.09 AM.jpg (59.12 KiB) Viewed 2860 times
    Follow me on twitter @LoudSeahawksFan
    seahwkfvr
    NET Rookie

Re: Season Ticket Upgrade Status
Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:19 pm
  • Yeah, the process is pretty cool, and if there were actually any seats available, it would be a great way to upgrade... but you are right, given what I saw last week, when I was trying to upgrade, not much is available, period...
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:27 pm
  • wow dont sound good for us trying to get season tickets this year i put in for 2 club seats
    summesm
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:19 pm
  • I think you will get club seats for sure, I found some while I was trying to upgrade but could not justify the cost to my wife:) She is a fan, but she also talks sense to me sometimes:) On the whole upgrade process, I found basically no seats that are an upgrade to what I currently have in the 84 to 95 dollar range. I think they may not be showing all the seats every time a window opens and would keep some seats together for new ticket holders for sure or some the reps can help with. Otherwise the people in the wait list will never get any side by side seats at all. They will also keep seats for 4 game packages and general public for single game tickets too for sure.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:59 am
  • there will be no 4 game packs (unless they are all club).. 4 game packs are only available when there is a surplus of Season tix.. 06-08 was slim pickings.

Why sell 4 game packs when you have a waiting list for season tix?

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:26 am
  • Barthawk wrote:there will be no 4 game packs (unless they are all club).. 4 game packs are only available when there is a surplus of Season tix.. 06-08 was slim pickings.

Why sell 4 game packs when you have a waiting list for season tix?

There was last year even though seats were sold out
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:27 am
  • The rep I talked to said that there were some 11,000+ on the waiting list for tickets this year. No idea if that's true but it may be.
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:17 am
  • After the year they had last year, 2012, demand is as high as it has been since post SB XL.

I talked to my ticket rep recently about adding tickets to my account and unless you want $290-$350 per game club seats or you are willing to spring for Charter Seat licenses at 5K plus per seat plus actual annual ticket costs, you are out of luck for affordable seats together, next to each other.

The bulk of what they do have available that are not crazy price wise are single seats spread all over the place.

Good luck to all.

GO HAWKS!!!
    For those that choose to attend the temple "QWEST" bring your best and be LOUD.

The opposition has no hope!!
    12HawkFan
    NET Starter

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:27 am
  • I went through the seat addition process and the only areas that were available were club seats and the $75 sections of the 300 level.

The unpleasant surprise for me was finding out that even though I've had season tix since '99 my "legacy" pricing doesn't apply to additional tix. As such my new "extra" pair in section 339 row EE cost exactly the same as my fourth row Pair in section 124.
    "When you're running at me like that and I'm running at you...It's gonna be a nasty scene" BAMBAM!!
    tooshort
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:33 am
  • Everything you got available is a crap ton better than what I got. lol wanna hook me up with some seats..
    gspin2k1
    NET Rookie

Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:04 pm
  • Last year I had a four game pack so early on this offseason I put down a deposit for tickets this year. Anyway, I have yet to hear back about anything. Is this normal? Anybody else familiar with this type of situation? I just sent them an email but was hoping someone may shed some light.
    jhball
    NET Rookie

Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:50 pm
  • jhball wrote:Last year I had a four game pack so early on this offseason I put down a deposit for tickets this year. Anyway, I have yet to hear back about anything. Is this normal? Anybody else familiar with this type of situation? I just sent them an email but was hoping someone may shed some light.

They are still confirming returning season ticket holders, then they will start on requests for those who want to become season ticket holders.
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:37 pm
  • anyone know what the charter seat situation is looking like right now? are there still any available directly from the hawks? if so any idea how much the license fee is?
    chimpanjesus
    NET Rookie

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:15 pm
  • They are still confirming returning season ticket holders, then they will start on requests for those who want to become season ticket holders.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. You are correct, below is the response I got back from the ticket rep. Maybe the info will help someone else.

"Thanks for checking in. Since you had a 4 game pack last year, you have priority to upgrade to a full season ticket package this year. We won’t be offering partial packages this year due to high demand for full season tickets. We will begin contacting our priority deposit holders at the end of the month to discuss available seating options."
    jhball
    NET Rookie

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:05 am
  • still have never gotten the chance to even look...anyone else not received their email to move?
    hawksmode
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:15 am
  • Are nose bleeds still available to swap into though? I have some tickets that are $94, but so close to the $75 section. Would rather just pay $20 less per ticket for a marginal downgrade. Monday at 9am is my time.
    brendonkuhn
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:15 am
  • Just got my season tickets locked in. They are ADA seats because my dad has a leg brace, so not sure what that means for anyone trying to get regular seating. Pickens were slim but we also just want tickets and aren't super picky, we just love to be there.

last year we had a 5-game plan, and at the end of the season put a deposit down, so I guess maybe they have gone through all the upgrades and should now be getting to anyone in that same boat.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:32 am
  • Hawknballs wrote:Just got my season tickets locked in. They are ADA seats because my dad has a leg brace, so not sure what that means for anyone trying to get regular seating. Pickens were slim but we also just want tickets and aren't super picky, we just love to be there.

last year we had a 5-game plan, and at the end of the season put a deposit down, so I guess maybe they have gone through all the upgrades and should now be getting to anyone in that same boat.

My upgrade window is April 23rd with only 1 year of seniority.
    gspin2k1
    NET Rookie

Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:42 am
  • brendonkuhn wrote:Are nose bleeds still available to swap into though? I have some tickets that are $94, but so close to the $75 section. Would rather just pay $20 less per ticket for a marginal downgrade. Monday at 9am is my time.

where are your current seats?
    chimpanjesus
    NET Rookie

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:50 am
  • chimpanjesus wrote:
    brendonkuhn wrote:Are nose bleeds still available to swap into though? I have some tickets that are $94, but so close to the $75 section. Would rather just pay $20 less per ticket for a marginal downgrade. Monday at 9am is my time.

Section 332
    Row Y
    14-15

I'd much rather pay less for comparable seats. Hoping I get lucky when it's my turn to pick.
    brendonkuhn
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:48 pm
  • Quick question for past season ticket holders - how do you get the 'season ticket holder' license plate frame i see around town, is that automatically sent to you when you get your tickets? I know with the 5 game plan we got the tickets in a box with a hat and stuff.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:56 pm
  • hawknballs you a first time season ticket holder and got yours already nice. i still havent heard a thing on mine yet as first timer for season tickets. i requested club seats back in dec i put deposit down. well maybe i will hear something soon ill keep my fingers crossed. hope for the best.
    summesm
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:13 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:Quick question for past season ticket holders - how do you get the 'season ticket holder' license plate frame i see around town, is that automatically sent to you when you get your tickets? I know with the 5 game plan we got the tickets in a box with a hat and stuff.

Last year my "Season ticket holder gift" was the beanie you saw a bunch of people wearing at games last year. Something tells me the license plate frame was obviously a year or two prior. Here's the lame thing. I bought two season tickets and they gave me ONE beanie. When I asked them about it, they said it was only per customer. So you're telling me if you spend $750 vs $1500 or heck even $3000 on a set of season tickets based off how many seats you got, you only got ONE beanie...-_-
    gspin2k1
    NET Rookie

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:19 pm
  • summesm wrote:hawknballs you a first time season ticket holder and got yours already nice. i still havent heard a thing on mine yet as first timer for season tickets. i requested club seats back in dec i put deposit down. well maybe i will hear something soon ill keep my fingers crossed. hope for the best.

well we bought the 5-game plan last year which i think bumps you up in line, but also my father is disabled so we put in for the ADA seating so I'm sure that had something to do with getting them sooner as well.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:21 pm
  • brendonkuhn wrote:
    chimpanjesus wrote:
    brendonkuhn wrote:Are nose bleeds still available to swap into though? I have some tickets that are $94, but so close to the $75 section. Would rather just pay $20 less per ticket for a marginal downgrade. Monday at 9am is my time.

Section 332
    Row Y
    14-15

I'd much rather pay less for comparable seats. Hoping I get lucky when it's my turn to pick.

Interesting. I'm paying $75/game and I'm Sec 338 Row DD Aisle. So that puts me about 5 rows above you.

based off the seating chart http://www.seahawks.com/tickets/seating-map.html I was feeling like I was in the way back of the $75 section, but I guess not. If I could move down about a good 10 rows in my exact section, I'd be willing to spend $94/game, 5 rows and losing aisle probably not.
    gspin2k1
    NET Rookie

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:22 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:
    summesm wrote:hawknballs you a first time season ticket holder and got yours already nice. i still havent heard a thing on mine yet as first timer for season tickets. i requested club seats back in dec i put deposit down. well maybe i will hear something soon ill keep my fingers crossed. hope for the best.

well we bought the 5-game plan last year which i think bumps you up in line, but also my father is disabled so we put in for the ADA seating so I'm sure that had something to do with getting them sooner as well.

As horrible as it sounds, I'd eat my way to disability for some of those ADA seating. Okay that wasn't that funny.
    gspin2k1
    NET Rookie

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:32 pm
  • 5 game package and your father probly did bump ya up good to hear ya got some. Hope I hear soon and I'll keep hoping and keep fingers crossed
    summesm
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:44 pm
  • Hey guys...to those of you who are potential new season ticket holders this year:

When did you put your deposit down for seats? I put mine down in mid-late December and was just e-mailed by the Seahawks and they basically told me that I'm "very close" to the area where they will be able to fulfill tickets for this season. If I don't get them this year then I'll be shifted to the "Blue Pride" club or whatever with my spot being held for the 2014-2015 season.

That was kind of a bummer to read, I was told when I placed my deposit in December that I would be able to secure tickets with no problem since my deposit was put down in December but now that doesn't seem like such a good chance.

Just wanted to relay what I had heard to those of you who have deposits on new seats for this season. Should find out regardless in the next 2-3 weeks but I'll remain with my fingers crossed and hope I'll be able to get into the building.

Exact message:

Your deposit placed back in December is already included in our Blue Pride waiting list with the same priority date. We will begin contacting deposit holders shortly and you are very close to the cut-off of what we think is available. Regardless, you will know soon if you can get seats or what your spot in line is moving forward!
    xkj1985x
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:11 pm
  • I have 4 tickets in the 333 section Row BB

We are looking to move up to the single row section if no farther back then J

If anyone one is looking at moving back due to cost and may have tickets in an area of our interest I would be willing to look into a ticket for ticket season swap

Prefer no end zone or corner seating.

Go Hawks!
    Brahn
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:26 pm
  • xkj1985x thanks for the info i havent had email sent to me but i put mine in in dec also. dont look good for tickets this year does it. did you request what you wanted orr just what ever was avalable. i requested club seating but if that was not avalable id take any 2 seats but prefered club seating. last couple years id buy single game tickets in club. well hope you get your tickets and ill just keep hoping and keep fingers crossed also
    summesm
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:33 pm
  • summesm wrote:xkj1985x thanks for the info i havent had email sent to me but i put mine in in dec also. dont look good for tickets this year does it. did you request what you wanted orr just what ever was avalable. i requested club seating but if that was not avalable id take any 2 seats but prefered club seating. last couple years id buy single game tickets in club. well hope you get your tickets and ill just keep hoping and keep fingers crossed also

I didn't put in a specific request for tickets in the club section. I'm graduating college this year so I was just looking to get in the building this year, even if it was nose bleed seats. Club Seats just aren't in the budget for the time being for a full season. If I was buying one or two single games then I could swing that but not for a full year. I wasn't expecting anything great for the first handful of years but after finding out that I may be S.O.L entirely was kind of a downer.

But yeah to answer your question....I just told them whatever was available would be fine.

I have my seat selection date for Huskies tickets next month so I guess that may just have to do for this year.
    xkj1985x
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:17 pm
  • xkj195x huskies tickets are good ones to have also, but we havent actually been told no yet so still some hope as little as it looks. i was told same when i put my money down they said expecially since i want club would be no problem getting those but there return rate and people upgrading must been better than they thought but who can blame anyone who would give up seats this year or ever. if anyone has any other info it would be appreciated so i can start looking at other avenues for tickets this year. i already have some things in works if it dont happen this year for my own season tickets
    thanks
    summesm
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:47 pm
  • gspin2k1 wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:Quick question for past season ticket holders - how do you get the 'season ticket holder' license plate frame i see around town, is that automatically sent to you when you get your tickets? I know with the 5 game plan we got the tickets in a box with a hat and stuff.

Last year my "Season ticket holder gift" was the beanie you saw a bunch of people wearing at games last year. Something tells me the license plate frame was obviously a year or two prior. Here's the lame thing. I bought two season tickets and they gave me ONE beanie. When I asked them about it, they said it was only per customer. So you're telling me if you spend $750 vs $1500 or heck even $3000 on a set of season tickets based off how many seats you got, you only got ONE beanie...-_-

Ahem. I have tickets with friends, six seats total. Our bill this year was nearly $9000. We only receive one gift each year. Same answer from the Seahawks, the one time we asked about it (one license plate holder, and I think we own seven vehicles across three families), one gift per account.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:21 pm
  • xkj I am also on the waiting list - I enlisted at the end of October and was also told no problem then and they will contact me at the beginning of May -I did not receive your email - I called last week and got a bit of different story - I was told I may or may not receive tickets this year - I will find out mid-May - he said there was a 97% renewal rate and lots of holders are adding more tickets (which are given out before us) and there may not be many left over - I would be happy with the top corner this year - Keep your fingers crossed
    zelter
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:57 pm
  • Seems like the NFL wants to own not only the primary, but also the secondary ticket market for their tickets. The secondary market would just be the exchange, like the NYSE, and just taking a fee for each transaction. So they created the NFL ticket exchange which makes it super easy and safe for season ticket holders to sell and buyers to buy. At this time also the lowest cost of the majors (stubhub, etc.). One major component of creating a market is it has to be liquid. If each person who owned season tickets for the sole reason to go to games and maybe sell a game or two they have something else going on and can't make it there is little liquidity. If they sell current season ticket holders an extra set of tickets for the purpose of selling them than they not only create demand, but also a very liquid market.

This sounds like it is happening right now for the Seahawks fans. A lot of the current season ticket holders are scoring extra sets of tickets before the folks who put down a deposit and got in line.

Where am I going with this? Nowhere really. A big fan of the guy just graduating from college and just wants a set of tickets to go watch games and have fun, but also the business side interesting.

12-4? Yes they can...
    Intothewater
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:09 pm
  • Intothewater wrote:Seems like the NFL wants to own not only the primary, but also the secondary ticket market for their tickets. The secondary market would just be the exchange, like the NYSE, and just taking a fee for each transaction. So they created the NFL ticket exchange which makes it super easy and safe for season ticket holders to sell and buyers to buy. At this time also the lowest cost of the majors (stubhub, etc.). One major component of creating a market is it has to be liquid. If each person who owned season tickets for the sole reason to go to games and maybe sell a game or two they have something else going on and can't make it there is little liquidity. If they sell current season ticket holders an extra set of tickets for the purpose of selling them than they not only create demand, but also a very liquid market.

This sounds like it is happening right now for the Seahawks fans. A lot of the current season ticket holders are scoring extra sets of tickets before the folks who put down a deposit and got in line.

Where am I going with this? Nowhere really. A big fan of the guy just graduating from college and just wants a set of tickets to go watch games and have fun, but also the business side interesting.

12-4? Yes they can...

not gonna lie, i am doing exactly this. if i can get the cost of my primary seats down my selling a pair of secondary seats i gotta do it.
    chimpanjesus
    NET Rookie

Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:16 am
  • I put a couple hundred bucks down for season tickets the first week of Nov. and my account rep told me, at the time, that I was good for season tickets. I called recently to see if that was still the case because of friend of mine did the relocation process and said that there was not much available. My rep now said that I may or may not get tickets because renewals had gone up to 98%. He told me that he would contact me on May 8,9, or 10 in regards to tickets.

Does anyone know if they save tickets for people that want to be new season tickets holders or do they just sell everything they can to current members. Also, do they give us the opportunity to purchase single season tickets in the same order they have us for season tickets.
    RabidFrenzy
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:23 am
  • I don't know for certain, but I would think they would keep some available for new season ticket holders. In regards to the chance to purchase single game tickets after the current season ticket holders get a chance, I think it is just first come first serve.
    rcambaker
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:31 am
  • from my understanding it goes:

1.) Current season ticket holders get a chance to renew/upgrade
    2.) Purchasers of 5-game plans last year, who also made the deposit on season tickets
    3.) Those who put a deposit down on season tickets, in order of when they paid the deposit

keep in mind there are fans in some cities who put deposits down years in advance in hopes of getting season tickets.

This chart obviously isn't super accurate since there's no telling who will renew in a given year or how many new season tickets they might add, obviously the wait isn't 5 years for the hawks anymore, but it could possibly be a season or two for anyone just now putting down their deposit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_season ... ting_lists
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:26 pm
  • Thanks for the info. I guess I'll hope for the five pack deal or just buy a couple of games on the NFL ticket exchange. It's going to be a good season, can't wait for it.
    RabidFrenzy
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:38 pm
  • you still might be able to get something, they just might not be ideal seats but will also be cheaper, then you can upgrade next season. There aren't really any bad seats int he house but some aren't under cover, or are in the corners, etc.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:12 pm
  • so even if i requested club seats will i still be called if there are cheaper/nonclub seats avalable when they get to me on list if they do get to me. things dont look good for us first timers this year. thakns for any insite and info you have
    summesm
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:30 pm
  • Even though you requested club seats you should have an option to purchase cheaper seats if they are available when it is your turn to buy seats.

It's amazing what a difference a year makes. I got Season Tickets last August during training camp when TJ has still in the mix to be the starting QB (even though the chance was probably small for him then). I went with club seats and there were quite a lot of 300 level options available then.

Since you want club seats I think that will increase your chance of getting Season Tickets.
    rcambaker
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:36 pm
  • I'd be floored if the club seats sold out i.e. if there weren't any available for season ticket sales.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:55 pm
  • Well, I just heard from my rep who told me that the chances of my getting tickets this year are slim to none. He said that I would be placed on the priority list for the 2014 season. Kinda sucks because I was really wanting to get season tickets this year.
    nrayorr
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:12 pm
  • if what my rep told me was accurate the waiting list for season tickets is currently 12,000 people long.
    chimpanjesus
    NET Rookie

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:24 pm
  • When I went through the upgrade last week and asked about club options all that was left are the $300 and $350 per seat/game options. So it seems like they are selling even the club level at a pretty good clip.
    Intothewater
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:54 pm
  • If season ticket holders are upgrading to other seats wouldn't that make there old seats available or do a lot upgrade and keep old seats to sell? Well there is still a little hope for club seats for me but the more I learn slimmer it seems to get but til they say no there is always hope
    summesm
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:23 am
  • My seat relocation window started this morning. I went on at 9 a.m. hoping to move to a lower row in my section but there was not much available and nothing better than where I am already. A few pairs scattered here and there. At this moment there is still four in a row available in section 303 row Y. Also four in a row in section 306 row HH. Lots in Club 209 if your pockets are deep enough.

Also for some reason section 330 is blanked out on the virtual map. I will keep checking through the day in case something becomes available. Asked my rep by chat to call me if she finds anything to improve my location.
    kaledoniain
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:00 pm
  • I am a current season ticket holder and I just received word it was my window to purchase additional season tix if I wanted to. I decided to pick a another pair in 339 HH. It sounds like that is the best available options except for Club seats......
    BoatsAndHose
    NET Practice Squad

Next

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:36 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information