2013 NFC West Predictions

60niners

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":6u2348qy said:
:34853_doh: It's no "secret". Your team can be beat. Teams will know how to game plan against the 49ers. They are a talented team and have a chance to be a factor. But, to simply dismiss the Rams as not having a chance to overtake them... you're arguing for that possibility while at the same time saying there's no way it will happen (or in your words, dumb to suggest it.) The things I had to say are not simply subjective conjecture as you say. I gave reasons why it's not far fetched. They are real factors. I'm no "all-knowing" being and never suggested such a thing. All we have beyond our opinions is reasoned arguments. You dismiss my reasoned arguments as subjective conjecture. To say it's nothing but subjective conjecture isn't exactly so. Further, it's Bad form. You haven't exactly pulled the rug out from under my argument as you think. Others have tried to reason with you, but I haven't seen you really grant any point as valid. The only points you wish to hear are those that would speak of your teams superiority. How is that contributing? I would personally not be going onto a 49er board in the first place... but, if I did - I certainly wouldn't be carrying on as you are doing. Who is going onto 49er boards and asking you guys to come here to contribute? Or, are you doing us a favor?
Yes, the 49ers can be planned for, and the simple point I was attempting to make was that the Pats can be planned for as well, but that doesn't mean that the other team always wins because they know the plan or recipe.

You took subjective conjecture out of context, it was not meant to be derogatory. It is in fact subjective conjecture because until it's proven, all it would be is theories and guesses. It wasn't a slight against you: because 60niners does not attack other posters. (Cue OMFG now the whiner fan talks in third person!!1!!) The reason I did not address the other points was because there are just too many... If I addressed every post that was just directed to me it would completely detract from the point of the thread. NFCW predictions. Not, badger 60niners. If you all want to make another thread, a "ask the goofy whiner fan" thread, ask me any question you want and I'll take my time to respond in a thoughtful and insightful manner - but personally I don't think it belongs here. That, would be bad form.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
60niners":wp6e86gm said:
TeamoftheCentury":wp6e86gm said:
:34853_doh: It's no "secret". Your team can be beat. Teams will know how to game plan against the 49ers. They are a talented team and have a chance to be a factor. But, to simply dismiss the Rams as not having a chance to overtake them... you're arguing for that possibility while at the same time saying there's no way it will happen (or in your words, dumb to suggest it.) The things I had to say are not simply subjective conjecture as you say. I gave reasons why it's not far fetched. They are real factors. I'm no "all-knowing" being and never suggested such a thing. All we have beyond our opinions is reasoned arguments. You dismiss my reasoned arguments as subjective conjecture. To say it's nothing but subjective conjecture isn't exactly so. Further, it's Bad form. You haven't exactly pulled the rug out from under my argument as you think. Others have tried to reason with you, but I haven't seen you really grant any point as valid. The only points you wish to hear are those that would speak of your teams superiority. How is that contributing? I would personally not be going onto a 49er board in the first place... but, if I did - I certainly wouldn't be carrying on as you are doing. Who is going onto 49er boards and asking you guys to come here to contribute? Or, are you doing us a favor?
Yes, the 49ers can be planned for, and the simple point I was attempting to make was that the Pats can be planned for as well, but that doesn't mean that the other team always wins because they know the plan or recipe.

You took subjective conjecture out of context, it was not meant to be derogatory. It is in fact subjective conjecture because until it's proven, all it would be is theories and guesses. It wasn't a slight against you: because 60niners does not attack other posters. (Cue OMFG now the whiner fan talks in third person!!1!!) The reason I did not address the other points was because there are just too many... If I addressed every post that was just directed to me it would completely detract from the point of the thread. NFCW predictions. Not, badger 60niners. If you all want to make another thread, a "ask the goofy whiner fan" thread, ask me any question you want and I'll take my time to respond in a thoughtful and insightful manner - but personally I don't think it belongs here. That, would be bad form.
Never said "the other team always wins". Just a point that was originally made that you misunderstood, didn't like, and got all bunched up over. You don't like the thought that your team may not be as unbeatable as your fan base might think. You're jumping to conclusion after conclusion because someone dared to disagree with you? Again, how is this contributing to discussion of THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS in this .net fan MAIN FORUM? This is not about the 49ers. This main forum is about THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS. Go Hawks!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
60niners":19zrhr1v said:
The "recipe" that loafoftatupu elaborated on in my opinion is just a general outline for playing good football. It works on every team in the league; I hardly see that as the secret code to beating the 49ers.

That why I said that it is no secret and that it works against most teams. However, it works against the Niners consistently and their are not many teams that can do it. Seattle IS one of those teams.

Since you pointed out that there wasn't a recipe for the Niners, I would be interested in seeing what the recipe to beating the Hawks is. It isn't that same thing as the Niners. With the exception of NYG, who Seattle didn't play, the teams that beat the Niners lost to the Seahawks.

There was nothing consistent enough to develop a "recipe". In 3 of their losses, the Hawks defense allowed a few last minute/second scores, but that is hardly a recipe. I just couldn't come up with anything consistent, where with the Noners, it could be easily identified.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Seahawks 12-4
Niners 11-5
Rams 9-7
Cards 8-8

All teams come out black and bruised after playing each other. We sweep at home, lose to the Rams and Niners away. Three NFC West teams in the Playoffs (choke on THAT East Coast Media!).

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3r8n325c said:
60niners":3r8n325c said:
The "recipe" that loafoftatupu elaborated on in my opinion is just a general outline for playing good football. It works on every team in the league; I hardly see that as the secret code to beating the 49ers.

That why I said that it is no secret and that it works against most teams. However, it works against the Niners consistently and their are not many teams that can do it. Seattle IS one of those teams.

Since you pointed out that there wasn't a recipe for the Niners, I would be interested in seeing what the recipe to beating the Hawks is. It isn't that same thing as the Niners. With the exception of NYG, who Seattle didn't play, the teams that beat the Niners lost to the Seahawks.

There was nothing consistent enough to develop a "recipe". In 3 of their losses, the Hawks defense allowed a few last minute/second scores, but that is hardly a recipe. I just couldn't come up with anything consistent, where with the Noners, it could be easily identified.
Yup. Well said once again. You shouldn't have needed to clarify, but great job. Excellent points.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
good grief guys give the guy a break. Of course he love his 49ers and beleives they are the better team. Infact All of the pundits on NFL network picked the 49ers because "They've gotten better this offseason." Only Brian Baldinger picked Seattle to make the Super Bowl. There argument is they've added Bolden and Nnamdi (as if both are still elite players, and not on the tail end of their careers.

Forgetting to mention they lost their best Safety in Goldson, As far as I can tell their starting DT in Issac Sopoago and his backup Rickey Jean Francios. They also lost Their valuable H-back in Delanie Walker. IMO Opinion this all nets out to zero as you gains matches your losses.

Meanwhile Seattle loses Branch, but picks up Harvin, Avril, Bennett, and Winfield, and that to me is a Significant upgrade. A major positive wheras the 49ers moves were a net change of 0 or perhaps a modest + gain. (But I think that's very debatable)

At any case Seattle will be a better team this year. I would be sorely disappointed if we didn't win 7 of 8 home games, I think we've got a shot at repeating last year's 8-0 mark. The toughest road games will be ATL, 49ers, NYG, HOU. The rest are less concerning.

I think Seattle can go 14-2

49ers- 11-5
STL- 9-7
AZ- 7-9

I think the thing that bothers me most about the 49ers is the UNBELEIVABLE HYPE Kaepernick is getting from the Media. Sure he helped smack the Bears before they fell apart. But the narative the media is putting out is that Kaepernick was unstoppable last year and that teams could only hope to contain this unbeleivable playmaker. The reality is he was far less consistent and dominant as the media would have you beleive.

Examples-- Against the Saints they score 30+ points, but 14 of those were PICK 6's, so in reality the offense AGAINST the worst defense in the league scored a measily 17 points (and won because of th defense). Against the Rams twice. He was stopped pretty effectively. (he played almost the entire game.) Throwing for a measily 117 yards in game 1. Only scored 13 points in the 2nd game. Against, Seattle got destroyed and looked like a lost puppy dog.

As for a way to stop SF. It is my opinion that while Kaepernick is very athletic and fast. I beleive he's more dynamic when running in a straight line. He's got long strides and he can really move. Where he struggles is he lateral quickness and shiftiness moving side to side, in other words his agility. Which is what Wilson excels at. If we can make him move sideways I think he's much easier to contain.

Both teams are good. The first 2 weeks for BOTH teams will be critical. There's agood change after week 2 49ers will be 0-2 and Seattle will be 2-0

smashmouth59

Reaction score
Loafoftatupu, If it's ok with you i would like to make this sentence,

"I can "see" the Niners opening up at the Clink and being choked out so bad that the Hawks send the Niners into a downward spiral of futility that will make the 2010 losing streak look like a title run."

My new sig. That last part about the making there 6 game chokefest look like a title run is pure hyperbolic beauty.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Seahawks 12-4
49ers 12-4
Rams 8-8
Cardinals 6-10

Seahawks win tiebreaker due bending the 49ers over and kicking them in their posteriors twice in the season

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
smashmouth59":245rlemz said:

"I can "see" the Niners opening up at the Clink and being choked out so bad that the Hawks send the Niners into a downward spiral of futility that will make the 2010 losing streak look like a title run."

My new sig. That last part about the making there 6 game chokefest look like a title run is pure hyperbolic beauty.
Like!

:49ersmall:

hawk45

Reaction score
Far be it from me to rush to the defense of a Niner fan but I think 7-9 or the Rams overtaking the Niners is pretty absurd. Hardouche, rot his soul, did nothing less than dominate with Alex Smith (!!!) as a quarterback. Their OL is better than ours, so is their DL although here's hoping our improvements put us on par. They are a rock-solid team. This is widely acknowledged.

As a Hawk fan I believe we can take them because we're just as solid (and ridiculous in our secondary), and I think Kaep is no Russell Savior Wilson.

But thinking the Rams with Bradford are going to surpass them is...out there.

Now I have to go shower :)

CPHawk

Reaction score
Just saw on NFL network a card player all but guarantee a win over our hawks. I almost spit out my drink it was so funny. :177692:

Laloosh

Reaction score
CPHawk":14zw8dim said:
Just saw on NFL network a card player all but guarantee a win over our hawks. I almost spit out my drink it was so funny. :177692:

It's the NFL. We lost to Miami and the Cards last year. Why is it funny?

Lady Talon

Reaction score
CPHawk":3e28wm5m said:

All we have to do is knock an ineffective Palmer out of the game and watch some cheesy backup actually score on us and have a receiver drop our goal line response...

Never happen. In a million years. No precedent.

Sac

Reaction score
Lady Talon":1zzaczgn said:
CPHawk":1zzaczgn said:

All we have to do is knock an ineffective Palmer out of the game and watch some cheesy backup actually score on us and have a receiver drop our goal line response...

Never happen. In a million years. No precedent.

This.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
bobk3333":2vvnq19h said:
Seattle Seahawks 16-0
Arizona Cardinals 11-5
San Fran 10-6
St Louis Rams 8-8

I am sick and tired of this 14-2, 13-3 garbage.

Hope you're being sarcastic, even the best teams lose a few in the regular season. I don't think any team can go 8-0 on the road, I know the Patriots did it a few years ago but that was with a lot of luck. I think the Hawks win 12 or 13.

My losses are @ St. Louis, @ Houston, @ SF, I actually think they run the table at home.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
smashmouth59":15xdy0uv said:

LOL.. That is fine with me. I think Niner fans like to pretend that it never happened, but in reality, it was just 3 years ago and that would make a great reminder.

60niners

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2hx7wlta said:
smashmouth59":2hx7wlta said:

LOL.. That is fine with me. I think Niner fans like to pretend that it never happened, but in reality, it was just 3 years ago and that would make a great reminder.
Three years ago the Niners started the season 0-5, and only finished 6-10.. Don't be too proud that you beat up on a struggling team. I can assure you, nobody is pretending anything about three years ago.