Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Sea vs Min
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:34 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
Posts: 1867
Location: Oklahoma City
Alright, talked the wife into heading out to Seattle Nov 17th for the game against the Vikings (she's a MN fan). It fulfills a couple of things, our first ever live NFL game, a promise I made that the Vikings would be the first team we'd go see, and my desire to see Seattle play at home. So, I have some questions:

1. About when should I be able to get tickets for that game.
2. Some good hotels around the area
3. Since we are flying in Saturday some cool sights to see (besides the Space Needle as that is a given)
4. If possible being able to hook up with some fellow .Net folk before/during the game would be pretty sweet as well

I'm really stoked about this as I may be able to talk her into alternating between games in Seattle and MN or just Seattle :twisted:

_________________
Tokadub wrote:
I'm telling you guys Bennett is super overrated he's gonna be a piece of dino poo next season and I'm gonna LOL.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sea vs Min
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:52 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm
Posts: 771
My brothers a vikings fan and wants to go ! im going to be keeping my eye on this thread


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sea vs Min
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:57 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 8:46 pm
Posts: 916
Location: in "The" mouth
1. Face it, unless you get them from a .net member you'll be paying way more than face value as the 5000 single game tickets that aren't available for season ticket holders will go in under 5 minutes when released. Stubhub and NFLticket exchange went live for "scalped" single games as soon as the schedule came out.

2. If you want the full Seattle experience and have a few $$$ to blow definitely stay at the Edgewater or the Waterfront Marriott

3. Take a round trip on the Bainbridge ferry. If the weathers good you'll be treated to epic views of the City and the surrounding area.

4. Go to Temple Billiards..meet many .net folk...

_________________
Wilson after ATL- " before I got back to the tunnel, walking off the field, I got so excited for the next opportunity"

"I have a lot of things built up in me that I'm ready to unleash on the field.....when it's time to explode, I will." - Percy


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sea vs Min
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:08 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
Posts: 1867
Location: Oklahoma City
tooshort wrote:
1. Face it, unless you get them from a .net member you'll be paying way more than face value as the 5000 single game tickets that aren't available for season ticket holders will go in under 5 minutes when released. Stubhub and NFLticket exchange went live for "scalped" single games as soon as the schedule came out.

2. If you want the full Seattle experience and have a few $$$ to blow definitely stay at the Edgewater or the Waterfront Marriott

3. Take a round trip on the Bainbridge ferry. If the weathers good you'll be treated to epic views of the City and the surrounding area.

4. Go to Temple Billiards..meet many .net folk...


Thanks for the info, but two questions; if some of the tickets are already being sold via stubhub and such, then why does the Seattle FO wait until mid July for single season tickets through ticketmaster? Wouldn't that be a better way to go?

_________________
Tokadub wrote:
I'm telling you guys Bennett is super overrated he's gonna be a piece of dino poo next season and I'm gonna LOL.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sea vs Min
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:40 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am
Posts: 2233
If you're into it at all the boeing museum of flight is pretty cool for something to do on a saturday.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sea vs Min
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:55 am 
USMC 1970-77
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
Posts: 9561
Location: Monroe, WA
OkieHawk wrote:
tooshort wrote:
1. Face it, unless you get them from a .net member you'll be paying way more than face value as the 5000 single game tickets that aren't available for season ticket holders will go in under 5 minutes when released. Stubhub and NFLticket exchange went live for "scalped" single games as soon as the schedule came out.

2. If you want the full Seattle experience and have a few $$$ to blow definitely stay at the Edgewater or the Waterfront Marriott

3. Take a round trip on the Bainbridge ferry. If the weathers good you'll be treated to epic views of the City and the surrounding area.

4. Go to Temple Billiards..meet many .net folk...


Thanks for the info, but two questions; if some of the tickets are already being sold via stubhub and such, then why does the Seattle FO wait until mid July for single season tickets through ticketmaster? Wouldn't that be a better way to go?

Maybe from our perspective, but they're still hawking season tickets until then.

_________________
Talent can get you to the playoffs.
It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sea vs Min
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:56 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:33 pm
Posts: 186
OkieHawk wrote:
tooshort wrote:
1. Face it, unless you get them from a .net member you'll be paying way more than face value as the 5000 single game tickets that aren't available for season ticket holders will go in under 5 minutes when released. Stubhub and NFLticket exchange went live for "scalped" single games as soon as the schedule came out.

2. If you want the full Seattle experience and have a few $$$ to blow definitely stay at the Edgewater or the Waterfront Marriott

3. Take a round trip on the Bainbridge ferry. If the weathers good you'll be treated to epic views of the City and the surrounding area.

4. Go to Temple Billiards..meet many .net folk...


Thanks for the info, but two questions; if some of the tickets are already being sold via stubhub and such, then why does the Seattle FO wait until mid July for single season tickets through ticketmaster? Wouldn't that be a better way to go?


The tickets on StubHub are "season ticket holders". If you are going to Seattle esepcially for the game, then just make it the game a good experience. I would recommend looking at StubHub so that you can pick the seat you want in a calm manner, ask questions on here about different sections, look at the view from the seat, etc. and just acknowledge you are paying a premium for that.

If you go the TicketMaster route in August, it will be a mad scramble of trying to purchase tickets in a 2 minute window and not having any choice of the matter.

If you are making a big trip out of it, then spend a bit more cash to get the seat you want instead of buying the last row of the stadium and not enjoying it as much.

Depending when you arrive in Seattle, a good experience is the stadium tour. I am not sure if they have changed, but they didn't do it on Saturdays before games. NM - see you are arriving on Saturday.

Try and stay in a hotel in an area that you can walk to and from the game. It will make the experience a lot more enjoyable not having to worry about parking, taxi, car ride, etc.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sea vs Min
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:38 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm
Posts: 1190
I do still recommend checking out EMP (Experience Music Project). Some people aren't huge fans of it, but I always enjoy myself there, and not too far from the space needle. Pretty cool Jimi Hendrix exhibit, and a fun interactive room to play instruments and such. If it is nice out, I would recommend going down to the water front. Probably have to do Pike Place Market and watch them throw the fish. If you like music, Jazz Alley is a nice spot for dinner and drinks.

Make sure your wife doesn't wear any Vikings gear.

_________________
Ummm, no sig to see here, especially not a sig referring to Tarvaris Jackson in any way.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sea vs Min
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:06 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
Posts: 1867
Location: Oklahoma City
Thanks for the great information everyone. Bought the tickets, got section 229 T for $163 a ticket, which isn't too bad. We'll get into Seattle early afternoon that Saturday so we can do some sight seeing. Pretty dang excited about this whole ordeal.

_________________
Tokadub wrote:
I'm telling you guys Bennett is super overrated he's gonna be a piece of dino poo next season and I'm gonna LOL.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sea vs Min
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:12 am 
USMC 1970-77
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
Posts: 9561
Location: Monroe, WA
Good job,Okie! Especially locking the tix in so she can't change her mind between now and then. ;)

An afternoon ain't much time to see the sights, but have fun!

Oh, and the pre-funk at Temple is not to be missed. Walking distance to the North Gate and a traditional gathering spot for dot netters.

_________________
Talent can get you to the playoffs.
It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sea vs Min
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:12 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:14 am
Posts: 238
OkieHawk wrote:
Thanks for the great information everyone. Bought the tickets, got section 229 T for $163 a ticket, which isn't too bad. We'll get into Seattle early afternoon that Saturday so we can do some sight seeing. Pretty dang excited about this whole ordeal.

Nice, and if you're ever looking to go to another game, I recommend looking on eBay, I've gotten some sweet deals on there, last year I got club tickets (section 210) to the jets game for $175 a ticket


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sea vs Min
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:20 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
Posts: 1867
Location: Oklahoma City
sutz wrote:
Good job,Okie! Especially locking the tix in so she can't change her mind between now and then. ;)

An afternoon ain't much time to see the sights, but have fun!

Oh, and the pre-funk at Temple is not to be missed. Walking distance to the North Gate and a traditional gathering spot for dot netters.


We are definitely hitting Temple, can't pass up the opportunity to see some fellow .Net brethren.

_________________
Tokadub wrote:
I'm telling you guys Bennett is super overrated he's gonna be a piece of dino poo next season and I'm gonna LOL.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sea vs Min
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:24 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:09 pm
Posts: 204
OkieHawk wrote:
Alright, talked the wife into heading out to Seattle Nov 17th for the game against the Vikings (she's a MN fan). It fulfills a couple of things, our first ever live NFL game, a promise I made that the Vikings would be the first team we'd go see, and my desire to see Seattle play at home. So, I have some questions:

1. About when should I be able to get tickets for that game.
2. Some good hotels around the area
3. Since we are flying in Saturday some cool sights to see (besides the Space Needle as that is a given)
4. If possible being able to hook up with some fellow .Net folk before/during the game would be pretty sweet as well

I'm really stoked about this as I may be able to talk her into alternating between games in Seattle and MN or just Seattle :twisted:



1) Single game tickets avail in august, but honestly it'll all be sold out, so unless you have a friend who is a season ticket holder who can try and reserve you some, not gonna happen. So in that case they are available even now on stubhub. And will be available on Craigslist, EBay and Stubhub by August
2) You willing to walk? getting a rental car? only coming for the game? want be to downtown?
3) Downtown seattle/pike Place, Pioneer Square (which is right next to Clink). Fremont. Museum of Flight/Boeing.
4) I tend to get Dim Sum in Chinatown before the games you're more than welcome to join.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sea vs Min
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:51 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:23 am
Posts: 143
Location: Lincoln, CA
The girlfriend (Vikes fan) and I were up last year for the game, and are heading back this year as well! I scheduled a shuttle from the airport to the Fairmont Olympic, and we basically hoofed it around Seattle. The walk to the stadium was almost nil and the hotel was perfect. Our tickets in 2012 were just behind the Vikes bench, and now my girlfriend's prized photo is a picture of Kyle Rudolph's butt. Great.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sea vs Min
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:01 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
Posts: 1867
Location: Oklahoma City
RampagingMice wrote:
The girlfriend (Vikes fan) and I were up last year for the game, and are heading back this year as well! I scheduled a shuttle from the airport to the Fairmont Olympic, and we basically hoofed it around Seattle. The walk to the stadium was almost nil and the hotel was perfect. Our tickets in 2012 were just behind the Vikes bench, and now my girlfriend's prized photo is a picture of Kyle Rudolph's butt. Great.


Are you going to the MN game as well then? We are staying at the Edgewater and plan on doing a walking tour, possibly a ferry ride too.

_________________
Tokadub wrote:
I'm telling you guys Bennett is super overrated he's gonna be a piece of dino poo next season and I'm gonna LOL.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sea vs Min
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:02 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:23 am
Posts: 143
Location: Lincoln, CA
OkieHawk wrote:
Are you going to the MN game as well then? We are staying at the Edgewater and plan on doing a walking tour, possibly a ferry ride too.


Yessir! Going to be myself, plus 2 Viking fans and Saints fan. Odd collection. Not sure where we're staying yet, but hopefully someplace with a heated indoor pool and a stocked bar. I'm pretty sure we are hopping the Ferry as well, though I sure as hell don't know where it goes or if it requires me to bring my own cocktails. It just looks like a good time.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sea vs Min
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:06 am 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:00 pm
Posts: 70
I lived in Bellevue when I was a kid. When I took my wife there for a long weekend about 15 years ago, we went on the Seattle underground tour. I don't remember where it started, but it was a tour below street level and was very interesting.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sea vs Min
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:31 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
Posts: 1867
Location: Oklahoma City
vonstout wrote:
I lived in Bellevue when I was a kid. When I took my wife there for a long weekend about 15 years ago, we went on the Seattle underground tour. I don't remember where it started, but it was a tour below street level and was very interesting.


That sounds like something we would enjoy as well vonstout, thanks! Me and the wife have come to the conclusion that we will have to come to Seattle for a longer visit another time to do some good sight seeing. We've only been to Seattle once before to visit some of her family in Kirkland and never got to do the touristy stuff.

_________________
Tokadub wrote:
I'm telling you guys Bennett is super overrated he's gonna be a piece of dino poo next season and I'm gonna LOL.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sea vs Min
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9878
Highly recommended Museum of flight, EMP (right next to space needle), Safeco Field and C-link stadium tours.

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.