Schedule on NFL.com Seahawks @ Panthers Week 1

Lady Talon

Reaction score
lol late season short week for our game at San Fran. Guess they had to stack the deck after that last head to head.

Disp

Reaction score
Lady Talon":1fnh03cf said:
lol late season short week for our game at San Fran. Guess they had to stack the deck after that last head to head.

Or maybe they decided to switch it up because Seattle has come to SF first the past 2 seasons.

Not sure why so many of you are complaining about the early games. 49ers had 5 10 AM road games in 2011, plus they had to fly cross country for a Thursday night game at the Ravens. They went 5-0 in those games, lost to the Ravens, and went 13-3 on the year. Good teams win regardless.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
not complaining about it being late season. Nor the 10 am games. I'm saying the being the visitor on the short week to our clearly best competition in the division (which are by nature nastier and more important then AFC games on a short week) is a bit suspicous. at least last year when the Hawks visited, we both had the same amount of days to prepare.

60niners

Reaction score
Lady Talon":1w591tk3 said:
I'm sure you already know this, but SF had that exact deck stacked against them last year. Cross-country to play Pats on Sunday night, and then to Seattle the next week. Might not be a short week, but that might be the most brutal two road games a team can have in a row.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
and when they scheduled that game a year ago they thought Seattle would be a 6-10 team.

60niners

Reaction score
Lady Talon":13oq52b5 said:
and when they scheduled that game a year ago they thought Seattle would be a 6-10 team.
Well I'm not going to lie, I'm glad we get the Seattle road game early in the season lol.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Need to stop caring what time games start. Who here can't do your job and do it right at 10am? People in all fields of work from paper salesmen to Navy SEALS routinely fly long distances and do their job the next day. No more excuses.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I prefer the home division games late, but doesn't matter. only thing that bothers me is a short week between two of Vegas' top Super Bowl favorites in a road division game. That's kind of obvious of them isn't it?

dbmack

Reaction score
Percy likes the schedule :)

Percy Harvin ‏@Percy_Harvin
Just seen schedule... I'm all in

Crizilla

Reaction score
Disp":1p9e6v36 said:
Lady Talon":1p9e6v36 said:

Or maybe they decided to switch it up because Seattle has come to SF first the past 2 seasons.

Not sure why so many of you are complaining about the early games. 49ers had 5 10 AM road games in 2011, plus they had to fly cross country for a Thursday night game at the Ravens. They went 5-0 in those games, lost to the Ravens, and went 13-3 on the year. Good teams win regardless.

Yeah i agree. The amount of whining in this thread about the 10am games is embarrassing for seahawk fans. Thats all this place is... people complaining.

mikeak

Reaction score
dbmack":netmmmhf said:
Percy likes the schedule :)

Percy Harvin ‏@Percy_Harvin
Just seen schedule... I'm all in

He is getting paid $16 millions to be all in and doesn't have an option...

In regards to my 10am post - it was across the board. I referred to west-coast teams and also saw that Oakland is in the same boat week 1. Goddell made a clear statement last year that they would look at changing it and it simply didn't happen.....

Vetamur

Reaction score
Looks like I can make it to 4 to 6 games this year.. plus the away game in Phoenix. 13-3 is doable. Get remember ever that being my first impression of a schedule..

Fisherhawk

Reaction score
Thurs night followed by a Monday night game gives a lot of time for healing.Almost as good as another bye week.
And 10:00am games have always sucked for west coast teams.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Things about the schedule I don't like:

1) Five damned 10 AM games!!

Like many have said on the other thread, this is a screwing of the Seahawks, plain and simple. And it could have been all of the possible six if the game at St. Louis wasn't a Monday nighter. Several of these games could have easily been 4 PM Eastern/1 PM Pacific start times and I am very surprised the game at Indy isn't. It really appears the league is stacking the first half schedule deck against our team. Furthermore as kearly pointed out, the opening game in Carolina will be ugly hot and humid much like the opener in Jacksonville was the year our team eventually went to *XL. Most of you know how that game turned out. This isn't fair to the Hawks this year and it wasn't fair to the 9ers last year and I get sick to death of the league screwing the west coast teams. Fortunately, like other folks have said I believe the Giants game will be flexed and that will drop the overall number of 10 AM games to 4.

2) Not only do the Hawks have five 10 AM games, but three of the first five games overall start at that time

This could create a slow start.

3) Back to back road games at 10 AM vs. the 2 best teams in the AFC South in weeks 4 & 5

Frankly I'll be quite pleased with a split of these 2.

4) Hawks have to travel again this year for a Thursday night game making a short week even shorter

Seems to me if you travel one year for a Thursday nighter, you should be home the next season.

Things about the schedule I like

1) As kearly said, the 2nd half is much easier.

Should allow the team to build momentum toward playoffs.

2) 4 of the last 6 at home

See above

3) Last 2 at home

See above

4) At least the ROAD Thurs. night game is at Arizona

And they are going to suck big time IMO

5) Week 15 at the Giants is a positive

What you say? Why? Because, this game will prepare the Hawks for their eventual return to play in the same stadium on Super Bowl Sunday. They could well have familiarity with any winds, the temperature, etc. as this game is in December.

6) There are 11 days between the Thursday night game in week 7 and the Monday night game in week 8

This is almost an extra bye week and could be very advantageous as far as injuries getting healed is concerned.

Oddities of this schedule

1) All 4 AFC opponents this year will be played in consecutively in weeks 3-6. Strange

uncle fester

Reaction score
I can finally start booking my first pilgrimage to the PNW! See you in September :)

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
mikeak":2p9tbm94 said:
From a Sando post last year. Clear trend

2005-2010 Road Records: West Coast Teams
TEAM 10 A.M. PT LATER TOTALS
San Francisco 49ers 6-27 6-9 12-36
Oakland Raiders 9-21 4-14 13-35
Arizona Cardinals 8-19 8-13 16-32
Seattle Seahawks 10-16 7-15 17-31
San Diego Chargers 12-11 16-9 28-20
Totals 45-94 41-60 86-154

Hmmm.... I wonder how these stats compare to west coast teams traveling east to play at 1 p.m. pacific?

themunn

Reaction score
The annoying this about the 10am games is that outside of the 49ers, our 4 toughest opponents are 10am games. Atlanta, Indianapolis, NY and Houston. 3 playoff teams and one that just missed.

That's crazy.

RynoHawk":1vs3i0e3 said:
cannot flex week 16, it applies to games 11-15, 17.

wheres that coming from?
we were flexed in week 16 last year?

On an EXTREMELY positive note, last year's week 11 bye week was extremely beneficial as we came out of the bye week in excellent form, and you could see the difference in the players' energy by the time the playoffs came around.
Yes, we lost the first game at Miami, but this year we have the bye in week 12 and come back on a Monday night at home - I simply can't see that being a loss, and hopefully we can take that good form right through to week 22

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
60niners":7j17zzts said:
Lady Talon":7j17zzts said:
I'm sure you already know this, but SF had that exact deck stacked against them last year. Cross-country to play Pats on Sunday night, and then to Seattle the next week. Might not be a short week, but that might be the most brutal two road games a team can have in a row.
Now I'm starting to see the value of having 49ers fans posting in our forums. You're here to set the record straight (even though you're sure this is already known... you'd better go ahead and make sure we have that from you to mull over.) None of us are privy to other teams schedules and had no idea your team had to travel east as the Seahawks did to Toronto. I think we're onto something here. That distance the Seahawks had to travel was the cutoff. Go any farther and you're going to get a 40-burger dropped on you the next week.
Again, you completely miss the point of a Seahawks fan (this time Lady Talon) who was merely commenting that it's interesting to see the NFL schedule SEA @ SF on a short week with that glorious SNF still fresh in the minds of the world who witnessed all the talk being settled on the field between the two teams. Her point was that short weeks are short weeks. NFL commentators bring it up as a factor. So, if anything, it is merely mentioned as a potential disadvantage as we (Seahawks fans, not you) look toward our teams schedule. She wasn't making an excuse. None needed. It was merely an observation. Observations don't necessitate rival fans chiming in incessantly whenever you feel your teams' perceived superiority could come into question. Your argument really has nothing to do with a short week as you said.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
mikeak":nbziu1r8 said:
From a Sando post last year. Clear trend

2005-2010 Road Records: West Coast Teams
TEAM 10 A.M. PT LATER TOTALS
San Francisco 49ers 6-27 6-9 12-36
Oakland Raiders 9-21 4-14 13-35
Arizona Cardinals 8-19 8-13 16-32
Seattle Seahawks 10-16 7-15 17-31
San Diego Chargers 12-11 16-9 28-20
Totals 45-94 41-60 86-154
Thanks for posting this.

Interesting data and that Sando brings it up, must be at least worth making an observation. SD didn't do too bad, but they are still searching for their first Super Bowl win as well. I think the media blows it out of proportion and they are the ones who tend to use it as an excuse. So, when fans discuss this potential "factor" - really any mere mentioning of it - fans are whining? Come on, Seahawks fans. If you see good teams like Seattle (@Atlanta) and then SF (@Atlanta) look like they're asleep in the first half - uncharacteristically - in addition to numbers like this... is it really necessary to insult other fans who acknowledge there could be something to this? Of course these guys are professsionals and no excuses are being made. But, are we going to call Pete Carroll a whiner? After all, he said after the Atlanta loss that we need to get a home game. Shouldn't the team be "good enough" to win no matter what various factors exist? It's not whining. It's an observation. If there's nothing at all to these factors, then those playing the game either wouldn't be mentioning it... or Pete Carroll is a whiner like the fans you are labeling. I see nothing embarrassing about a discussion about it. It's there. Ignoring it doesn't make it go away. Winning 10am start games on the road helps. I don't think with the team the Seahawks are that any of us truly fear playing at 10am. Just interesting what the schedule makers have done and seems like most fans making note of this are merely acknowledging a potential factor as we hope and trust we'll see the Seahawks get off to equally fast starts whether it's 10am on the road or a perfect setting home game.

Go Hawks