Schedule on NFL.com Seahawks @ Panthers Week 1

Laloosh

Reaction score
sa_seahawker":2weuom86 said:
I know this is probably going to be a pointless thread, but I'm stoked! I'm in Indianapolis and I finally get to see the Seahawks in person after way too many years!

So watch the TV and look behind the Seahawks bench. I'll probably be the only dude sporting Seahawks duds in the crowd...and if they win, I'll be the guy running for my life from an angry mob in the parking lot! LoL 8)

-WOOT- :D

Better wear some running shoes...

seabowl

Reaction score
Axx":375veczb said:
Not sure why everyone is worried about playing at 10:00 AM.

"100 yards is 100 yards" ~ Some dude

Why not see for yourself. If you normally wake up at 7am then try and wake up at 5am and see how you perform at work. Oh and by the way why not fly some 1500 miles a couple days before and if I forgot to mention have 50k+ fans watching you work and also have it televised. 100 yards is 100 yards but it can seem like 1000 when you are jet lagged and haven't gotten enough sleep.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
seabowl":3tpykj1e said:
Axx":3tpykj1e said:
Not sure why everyone is worried about playing at 10:00 AM.

"100 yards is 100 yards" ~ Some dude

Why not see for yourself. If you normally wake up at 7am then try and wake up at 5am and see how you perform at work. Oh and by the way why not fly some 1500 miles a couple days before and if I forgot to mention have 50k+ fans watching you work and also have it televised. 100 yards is 100 yards but it can seem like 1000 when you are jet lagged and haven't gotten enough sleep.

Simple solution. 10 a.m. practices all year.

BASF

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":3i4fwzgf said:
Why do we play the AFC south 4 weeks in a row?

They actually have the AFC games early for us, the Niners and the Rams. This is to get the unimportant games out of the way. It will make the last ten weeks for us, last eight weeks for the Niners and last six weeks for the Rams more exciting having each of them basically be playoff seeding games. It seems that the league thinks the Cardinals won't be in the race, but then giving them a prime time game against us doesn't line up with that thinking.

I actually think the Panthers game being 10am right out of the gate is an advantage to us, since we don't have to deviate our workouts and practices for that week from our normal schedule.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Well, being from Charlotte, I can tell you where I'll be at 1 p.m. ET on September 8th. It will be smokin hot. A tough game. Opening day is the one day the execs actually come to the game. They will be inside by 3rd quarter for wine and cheese. Should be a fun game. It will certainly be a physical game.

seabowl

Reaction score
nbk35zw":2krhm98o said:
Well, being from Charlotte, I can tell you where I'll be at 1 p.m. ET on September 28th. It will be smokin hot. A tough game. Opening day is the one day the execs actually come to the game. They will be inside by 3rd quarter for wine and cheese. Should be a fun game. It will certainly be a physical game.

Can someone say repeat of 2005 opening week at Jacksonville in the heat?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
seabowl":z1w4spf2 said:
We have 5 10am games to the Niners 2. Ridiculous!!!
I think those first 3 are winnable games. The first game of the season. At Texans, At Indy. Hopefully those other 2 at ATL and at NYG will be flexed to SNF. If not... it will be interesting to see if the Hawks can start these games in the 1st quarter vs. around halftime. I really don't like any excuses no matter how valid they may be... but, this 10am thing is really a problem. Shouldn't be... but, it's tough to argue against that being a very real consideration. Hopefully the Seahawks can plan for this and do something to be ready to dominate at kickoff in these games. I trust that this is being addressed in some way. It sure does appear to be a scheduling advantage, though, for the 49ers. Figures.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I saw the TJ-led Seahawks beat a better Giants team on the road two years ago in a 10AM start. In truth, when it comes to those 10AM starts, none of those games make me feel like, "Oh, we are probably coming out with a loss." Sure, they will be tough, but I find all those games to be winnable.

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
The 10 a.m. starts are still a big issue with west coast teams. GODell was supposed to take a look at the issue and use statistics to show that it definitely does affect west coast teams to have to play the most physical sport in the world with the most conditioned athletes when their body thinks it's 10 a.m. Look at the evidence. Look at how flat Seattle came out against the Falcons in the playoffs. Why was that? I know what my best guess would be.

I don't care if anyone says it's whining or not. I know this team is good enough to overcome it, but there's no reason to make west coast teams play at 10 a.m.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
pehawk":2mbhnptw said:
STOP THE 10AM WHINING!! This aint Holmgren's Hawks...and this is Wilson's 2nd year. RELAX...it's PERFECT.
Not very ideal for me, personally. I loved those late games b/c I only have Red Zone Channel. So, I count on those later games to get the most game coverage I can. For example, there were times last season when there were only 3 afternoon games. That's almost like having Sunday Ticket.
They're talking on NFL network now about the early start being a question for the Seahawks. If not for that idle 1st half in Atlanta... I wouldn't be at all concerned. I think they had BETTER be specifically addressing the early start issue and give us every reason to not even bring it up. It's going to take them getting off to a fast start in all those games for the media to not bring it up as an issue. But, I really appreciate your confidence and I think us fans are more thinking the way you are with this hungry, physical team. Go Hawks.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Don't like seeing 5 10am road games. That is an awful lot. Hopefully our boys can pull through them with flying colors.

rastahawk

Reaction score
pehawk":12w5cp2j said:
STOP THE 10AM WHINING!! This aint Holmgren's Hawks...and this is Wilson's 2nd year. RELAX...it's PERFECT.

Exactly. Early start, get our "W" so we can get on with the rest of our day.

mikeak

Reaction score
1) LOTS of people said 10am start not an issue in the Redskins and Falcons game. As far as I recall we were dominated starting those games

2) if we don't go to Carolina on Friday then it is a big mistake. Travel early to first game

3) Goddell is ON RECORD last year saying they would fix early east-coast games for West coast teams - what happened???

4) We have two divisional games on the road after short week. One as TNF and one after MNF - don't like it.

Besides that no issue. If someone wants to sell their tickets to the titans game I want to buy two :)

mikeak

Reaction score
From a Sando post last year. Clear trend

2005-2010 Road Records: West Coast Teams
TEAM 10 A.M. PT LATER TOTALS
San Francisco 49ers 6-27 6-9 12-36
Oakland Raiders 9-21 4-14 13-35
Arizona Cardinals 8-19 8-13 16-32
Seattle Seahawks 10-16 7-15 17-31
San Diego Chargers 12-11 16-9 28-20
Totals 45-94 41-60 86-154

ParisPC07

Reaction score
I'm getting married in Cascade, Idaho the day before the SF home game. Maybe I'll see some of you down there because I'm headed to Seattle the next morning.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Carmon1274":yi3pienr said:
NorthwestSportsFan":yi3pienr said:
Flex scheduling is only applicable to weeks 11-17 I believe, so the game at Atlanta can't be flexed. Also, only the afternoon games can be flexed, so the only games that can be flexed are vs Vikings (wk 11), at 49ers (wk 14), vs Cardinals (wk 16), and vs Rams (wk 17).
No way we get flexed against Cards and Rams.

49ers? Yeah there is a high chance it gets flexed.
highly doubt it. I'm guessing Fox will protect that game from being flexed.