Schedule on NFL.com Seahawks @ Panthers Week 1

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • The schedule has some tough parts, but can't complain about 2 home games to finish out the year. Should be riding high going into the playoffs, just like this past season.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• DavidSeven wrote:
    TheWebHead wrote:Seahawks with 5 10AM road games, Niners with 2.. can't call that anything other than NFL sabotage. All We Got, All We Need applies

Plus one of SF's 10am starts is @ Jacksonville. That shouldn't even count.

That game is actually in London. Glad they get a BYE immediately following.
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

• Sidenote: anybody see that show on nfl network about the browns last offseason? Heard them chanting "we all we got, we all we need" i was like CMOOOOON!!?!?!
    XLVIII - 2014 - Champions
    checkdanews
    NET Rookie

• 60niners wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:
    TheWebHead wrote:Seahawks with 5 10AM road games, Niners with 2.. can't call that anything other than NFL sabotage. All We Got, All We Need applies

Plus one of SF's 10am starts is @ Jacksonville. That shouldn't even count.

That game is actually in London. Glad they get a BYE immediately following.

Yeah, just noticed that and edited. That makes it even less of a "10am" game IMO. It'll be night in London by kick off.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Attyla the Hawk wrote:niners @ hawks week 2 SNF game

That's the one I'm going to :thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

• NorthwestSportsFan wrote:Flex scheduling is only applicable to weeks 11-17 I believe, so the game at Atlanta can't be flexed. Also, only the afternoon games can be flexed, so the only games that can be flexed are vs Vikings (wk 11), at 49ers (wk 14), vs Cardinals (wk 16), and vs Rams (wk 17).

You are right, they did change that. I just read it off of NFL.com and took it for granted that it was the correct dates. I searched a little more and found where it is week 11 forward.

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• NorthwestSportsFan wrote:Flex scheduling is only applicable to weeks 11-17 I believe, so the game at Atlanta can't be flexed. Also, only the afternoon games can be flexed, so the only games that can be flexed are vs Vikings (wk 11), at 49ers (wk 14), vs Cardinals (wk 16), and vs Rams (wk 17).

Incorrect.. any game that FOX/CBS leaves unprotected can be moved to NBC. The only ones that cannot be touched are the TNF and MNF games
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Pissed that the opening game is at 10AM. Absolutey should be a 1PM start.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:Pissed that the opening game is at 10AM. Absolutey should be a 1PM start.

It is a 1 pm start for the players

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Hasselbeck wrote:
    NorthwestSportsFan wrote:Flex scheduling is only applicable to weeks 11-17 I believe, so the game at Atlanta can't be flexed. Also, only the afternoon games can be flexed, so the only games that can be flexed are vs Vikings (wk 11), at 49ers (wk 14), vs Cardinals (wk 16), and vs Rams (wk 17).

Incorrect.. any game that FOX/CBS leaves unprotected can be moved to NBC. The only ones that cannot be touched are the TNF and MNF games

This is from NFL.com ...

Flexible Scheduling

Allows teams to play their way onto the Sunday night schedule

In 2006 the NFL implemented a primetime "flexible scheduling" element on Sundays in Weeks 10-15 and in Week 17.

Flexible scheduling ensured quality matchups on Sunday night in those weeks and gave surprise teams a chance to play their way onto primetime.

The NFL schedule will again utilize flexible scheduling in Weeks 11-17. The NBC Sunday night time slot for "flex" weeks will list the game tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.

Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game will be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights.

Just as the six major college football conferences have done for many years, the NFL will have the flexibility to move the start times of games on Sundays, using a 12-day notice format.

For example, a game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior.

The NFL has commonly moved games between 1:00 p.m. ET and 4:15 p.m. ET on Sunday afternoons, and the NFL now employs flexible scheduling to include one of its primetime packages of games - on Sunday evenings.

Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.

In Week 17, in order to ensure a Sunday night game with playoff implications, the decision to move the start time may be made on six days notice.
    NorthwestSportsFan
    NET Rookie

• kidhawk wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:Pissed that the opening game is at 10AM. Absolutey should be a 1PM start.

For the Panthers players? Yeah...
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Re: 2013 schedule
Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:47 pm
  • glowingeyedseahawk wrote:...only 1 SNF game ??? WTF ??? :141847_bnono:

I see three potential flexed Sunday games on the schedule. I bet at least one of those will get flexed.
    I'm In!

What attracted you to the Seahawks?
    “It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• What I like:
    Week 12 Bye
    Easy early schedule
    2 MNF Games
    good chance for flex games wk 14 @SF or wk 15 @ NYG
    open season the with our easiest possible road game.
    5 of last 8 at home
    last 2 games at home vs division
    Play at NYG late in season will be cold but help prepare for SB in 7 weeks from then

What I don't like:
    5 early 10AM games
    Away thursday night game
    @SF late in the season
    3 of our top 5 toughest games NO, @SF, @NYG are back to back to back.
    Short week at MNF vs NO then travel to SF
    Play at NYG last in season when it will be cold
    Prime time vs Rams instead of ATL, HOU, IND, or NYG
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• By the way, I'm not getting the concern over the 10 AM starts. First, I'm not shocked. We knew we'd be playing these away games in the eastern half of the country for quite some time, and they are generally 10 AM starts. Second, I'm not worried. This is a different Seahawk team. We'll be ready. Any place. Any time.

Our last away game with be at the Giants. Then we'll go home throughout the playoffs and we'll finish on the road in New York again in February.

Talking Seahwaks vs 49ers on ESPN2 right now.
    NorthwestSportsFan
    NET Rookie

• NorthwestSportsFan wrote:For example, a game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior.

So, the Week 15 Giants game is stilll eligible.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Sarlacc83 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:Pissed that the opening game is at 10AM. Absolutey should be a 1PM start.

I'm pretty sure both teams start the game at the same time (1pm Eastern)

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• OK..... one more step closer, now on to the draft, hope I make it to the regular season :180670: :3:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

• NFL Network shows some love and picks Seattle to finish this schedule at 12-4...anyone else agree with this...i defintely can see us pulling oout at least another 11-5 against this schedule.
    Steve Largent is greatest Seahawk WR of all time
    xCalibur
    NET Rookie

• Sando's take on our schedule:

Here's his take on the morning starts. More on his take at the link below

Complaint department: The Seahawks play five games scheduled to kick off at 10 a.m. PT, but at least they are good enough now to handle the time change more respectably. Still, five of the six games eligible for a 10 a.m. PT kickoff are kicking off at that early hour, a challenge for any West Coast team. The Monday night matchup against the Rams was the lone exception. Seattle plays at 10 a.m. PT three times in its first five games, including in successive games against Houston and Indianapolis beginning in Week 4. The other early games are against Carolina in the opener, at Atlanta and at the New York Giants.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/97155/seattle-seahawks-schedule-analysis-3

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I don't mind the schedule. It reflects our new outlook. Handful prime time. Now we need to face Chicago in the playoffs. I like our recent games and will miss them.
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• Geez, stop all the crying over the 10am games.
    Floridahawk79
    NET Veteran

• Anything less than 12-4 will be disappointing in my opinion.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Floridahawk79 wrote:Geez, stop all the crying over the 10am games.

This. No excuses. Super Bowl or Bust. Homefield is the goal even if we had 16 10 am starts.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

• Why do we play the AFC south 4 weeks in a row?
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

• The schedule is just a manifest of when and where we'll be kicking ass. I wouldn't read too much into it.
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran

• 10am starts don't worry me, not like they are playing at 10am here in Seattle...I'm confident they can win those early starts now anyways! :th2thumbs:
    bruiserwoods
    NET Bench Warmer

• BirdsCommaAngry wrote:The schedule is just a manifest of when and where we'll be kicking ass. I wouldn't read too much into it.

This.
    NorthwestSportsFan
    NET Rookie

• I don't think the 10AM starts are a problem. If they are a legit team, and I think they are, they will be able to overcome their body clock issues. Maybe they should just go straight from Houston to Indy and keep their clocks properly regulated in weeks four and five.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• I don't mind the early games from the team's aspect, I just don't like them from my aspect. I'm used to watching the Seahawks play in the late afternoon, after the first set of games.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Hawkfan77 wrote:5 10am starts is just absolutely ridiculous

Blame Christopher Columbus! Damn those original settlers who didnt start the United States in the Western time zone!

If we want to be a Super Bowl team 10 am starts should not be an excuse or even a concern.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Not sure why everyone is worried about playing at 10:00 AM.

"100 yards is 100 yards" ~ Some dude
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• taz291819 wrote:I don't mind the early games from the team's aspect, I just don't like them from my aspect. I'm used to watching the Seahawks play in the late afternoon, after the first set of games.

From my perspective, I actually kinda like the early games. If they win, the glow of victory permeates the rest of the day's games. If they lose, I get it out of the way early.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Re: Oct 6 Seahawks in Indy
Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:16 pm
  • sa_seahawker wrote:I know this is probably going to be a pointless thread, but I'm stoked! I'm in Indianapolis and I finally get to see the Seahawks in person after way too many years!

So watch the TV and look behind the Seahawks bench. I'll probably be the only dude sporting Seahawks duds in the crowd...and if they win, I'll be the guy running for my life from an angry mob in the parking lot! LoL 8)

-WOOT- :D

Better wear some running shoes...
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• Axx wrote:Not sure why everyone is worried about playing at 10:00 AM.

Why not see for yourself. If you normally wake up at 7am then try and wake up at 5am and see how you perform at work. Oh and by the way why not fly some 1500 miles a couple days before and if I forgot to mention have 50k+ fans watching you work and also have it televised. 100 yards is 100 yards but it can seem like 1000 when you are jet lagged and haven't gotten enough sleep.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• I was right about the primetime games. 2 Monday Night, 1 Sunday, and one Thursday. With possible flex games

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
    95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.
    The Yugoslavian
    NET Veteran

• seabowl wrote:
    Axx wrote:Not sure why everyone is worried about playing at 10:00 AM.

Why not see for yourself. If you normally wake up at 7am then try and wake up at 5am and see how you perform at work. Oh and by the way why not fly some 1500 miles a couple days before and if I forgot to mention have 50k+ fans watching you work and also have it televised. 100 yards is 100 yards but it can seem like 1000 when you are jet lagged and haven't gotten enough sleep.

Simple solution. 10 a.m. practices all year.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• CaptainSkybeard wrote:Why do we play the AFC south 4 weeks in a row?

They actually have the AFC games early for us, the Niners and the Rams. This is to get the unimportant games out of the way. It will make the last ten weeks for us, last eight weeks for the Niners and last six weeks for the Rams more exciting having each of them basically be playoff seeding games. It seems that the league thinks the Cardinals won't be in the race, but then giving them a prime time game against us doesn't line up with that thinking.

I actually think the Panthers game being 10am right out of the gate is an advantage to us, since we don't have to deviate our workouts and practices for that week from our normal schedule.
    FIRE CABLE! 7 Home Games 12 False Starts By Linemen Lack Of Discipline
    BASF
    NET Veteran

• Sarlacc83 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:

I think you're a little confused about how time works...
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• Well, being from Charlotte, I can tell you where I'll be at 1 p.m. ET on September 8th. It will be smokin hot. A tough game. Opening day is the one day the execs actually come to the game. They will be inside by 3rd quarter for wine and cheese. Should be a fun game. It will certainly be a physical game.
    Last edited by nbk35zw on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    It is what it is...
    nbk35zw
    NET Rookie

• nbk35zw wrote:Well, being from Charlotte, I can tell you where I'll be at 1 p.m. ET on September 28th. It will be smokin hot. A tough game. Opening day is the one day the execs actually come to the game. They will be inside by 3rd quarter for wine and cheese. Should be a fun game. It will certainly be a physical game.

Can someone say repeat of 2005 opening week at Jacksonville in the heat?
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• By comparison, the 49ers have only two 10 a.m. games. That should cheer you guys up.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Re: 2013 schedule
Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:58 pm
  • seabowl wrote:We have 5 10am games to the Niners 2. Ridiculous!!!

I think those first 3 are winnable games. The first game of the season. At Texans, At Indy. Hopefully those other 2 at ATL and at NYG will be flexed to SNF. If not... it will be interesting to see if the Hawks can start these games in the 1st quarter vs. around halftime. I really don't like any excuses no matter how valid they may be... but, this 10am thing is really a problem. Shouldn't be... but, it's tough to argue against that being a very real consideration. Hopefully the Seahawks can plan for this and do something to be ready to dominate at kickoff in these games. I trust that this is being addressed in some way. It sure does appear to be a scheduling advantage, though, for the 49ers. Figures.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• I saw the TJ-led Seahawks beat a better Giants team on the road two years ago in a 10AM start. In truth, when it comes to those 10AM starts, none of those games make me feel like, "Oh, we are probably coming out with a loss." Sure, they will be tough, but I find all those games to be winnable.

Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

• The 10 a.m. starts are still a big issue with west coast teams. GODell was supposed to take a look at the issue and use statistics to show that it definitely does affect west coast teams to have to play the most physical sport in the world with the most conditioned athletes when their body thinks it's 10 a.m. Look at the evidence. Look at how flat Seattle came out against the Falcons in the playoffs. Why was that? I know what my best guess would be.

I don't care if anyone says it's whining or not. I know this team is good enough to overcome it, but there's no reason to make west coast teams play at 10 a.m.
    hawksfanohio
    NET Starter

• pehawk wrote:STOP THE 10AM WHINING!! This aint Holmgren's Hawks...and this is Wilson's 2nd year. RELAX...it's PERFECT.

Not very ideal for me, personally. I loved those late games b/c I only have Red Zone Channel. So, I count on those later games to get the most game coverage I can. For example, there were times last season when there were only 3 afternoon games. That's almost like having Sunday Ticket.
    They're talking on NFL network now about the early start being a question for the Seahawks. If not for that idle 1st half in Atlanta... I wouldn't be at all concerned. I think they had BETTER be specifically addressing the early start issue and give us every reason to not even bring it up. It's going to take them getting off to a fast start in all those games for the media to not bring it up as an issue. But, I really appreciate your confidence and I think us fans are more thinking the way you are with this hungry, physical team. Go Hawks.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• Don't like seeing 5 10am road games. That is an awful lot. Hopefully our boys can pull through them with flying colors.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• pehawk wrote:STOP THE 10AM WHINING!! This aint Holmgren's Hawks...and this is Wilson's 2nd year. RELAX...it's PERFECT.

Exactly. Early start, get our "W" so we can get on with the rest of our day.
    rastahawk
    * Just Chillin' *

• If we're a Super Bowl team like everyone thinks we are 10AMs don't matter.
    Skittles - The candy of champions.
    Seahawksfan425
    NET Veteran

• 1) LOTS of people said 10am start not an issue in the Redskins and Falcons game. As far as I recall we were dominated starting those games

2) if we don't go to Carolina on Friday then it is a big mistake. Travel early to first game

3) Goddell is ON RECORD last year saying they would fix early east-coast games for West coast teams - what happened???

4) We have two divisional games on the road after short week. One as TNF and one after MNF - don't like it.

Besides that no issue. If someone wants to sell their tickets to the titans game I want to buy two :)
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• From a Sando post last year. Clear trend

2005-2010 Road Records: West Coast Teams
    TEAM 10 A.M. PT LATER TOTALS
    San Francisco 49ers 6-27 6-9 12-36
    Oakland Raiders 9-21 4-14 13-35
    Arizona Cardinals 8-19 8-13 16-32
    Seattle Seahawks 10-16 7-15 17-31
    San Diego Chargers 12-11 16-9 28-20
    Totals 45-94 41-60 86-154