Schedule on NFL.com Seahawks @ Panthers Week 1

QuahHawk

Reaction score
What I like:
Week 12 Bye
Easy early schedule
2 MNF Games
good chance for flex games wk 14 @SF or wk 15 @ NYG
open season the with our easiest possible road game.
5 of last 8 at home
last 2 games at home vs division
Play at NYG late in season will be cold but help prepare for SB in 7 weeks from then

What I don't like:
5 early 10AM games
Away thursday night game
@SF late in the season
3 of our top 5 toughest games NO, @SF, @NYG are back to back to back.
Short week at MNF vs NO then travel to SF
Play at NYG last in season when it will be cold
Prime time vs Rams instead of ATL, HOU, IND, or NYG

NorthwestSportsFan

Reaction score
By the way, I'm not getting the concern over the 10 AM starts. First, I'm not shocked. We knew we'd be playing these away games in the eastern half of the country for quite some time, and they are generally 10 AM starts. Second, I'm not worried. This is a different Seahawk team. We'll be ready. Any place. Any time.

Our last away game with be at the Giants. Then we'll go home throughout the playoffs and we'll finish on the road in New York again in February.

Talking Seahwaks vs 49ers on ESPN2 right now.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
NorthwestSportsFan":16mo501f said:
For example, a game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior.

So, the Week 15 Giants game is stilll eligible.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2qq5xsey said:
kidhawk":2qq5xsey said:
Sarlacc83":2qq5xsey said:
Pissed that the opening game is at 10AM. Absolutey should be a 1PM start.

It is a 1 pm start for the players

For the Panthers players? Yeah...

I'm pretty sure both teams start the game at the same time (1pm Eastern)

grizbob

Reaction score
OK..... one more step closer, now on to the draft, hope I make it to the regular season :180670: :3:

xCalibur

Reaction score
NFL Network shows some love and picks Seattle to finish this schedule at 12-4...anyone else agree with this...i defintely can see us pulling oout at least another 11-5 against this schedule.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sando's take on our schedule:

Here's his take on the morning starts. More on his take at the link below

Complaint department: The Seahawks play five games scheduled to kick off at 10 a.m. PT, but at least they are good enough now to handle the time change more respectably. Still, five of the six games eligible for a 10 a.m. PT kickoff are kicking off at that early hour, a challenge for any West Coast team. The Monday night matchup against the Rams was the lone exception. Seattle plays at 10 a.m. PT three times in its first five games, including in successive games against Houston and Indianapolis beginning in Week 4. The other early games are against Carolina in the opener, at Atlanta and at the New York Giants.

[urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/97155/seattle-seahawks-schedule-analysis-3[/urltargetblank]

Atradees

Reaction score
I don't mind the schedule. It reflects our new outlook. Handful prime time. Now we need to face Chicago in the playoffs. I like our recent games and will miss them.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Anything less than 12-4 will be disappointing in my opinion.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Floridahawk79":3cuht1k5 said:
Geez, stop all the crying over the 10am games.

This. No excuses. Super Bowl or Bust. Homefield is the goal even if we had 16 10 am starts.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
The schedule is just a manifest of when and where we'll be kicking ass. I wouldn't read too much into it.

bruiserwoods

Reaction score
10am starts don't worry me, not like they are playing at 10am here in Seattle...I'm confident they can win those early starts now anyways! :th2thumbs:

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I don't think the 10AM starts are a problem. If they are a legit team, and I think they are, they will be able to overcome their body clock issues. Maybe they should just go straight from Houston to Indy and keep their clocks properly regulated in weeks four and five.

taz291819

Reaction score
I don't mind the early games from the team's aspect, I just don't like them from my aspect. I'm used to watching the Seahawks play in the late afternoon, after the first set of games.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1tj5gps8 said:
5 10am starts is just absolutely ridiculous

Blame Christopher Columbus! Damn those original settlers who didnt start the United States in the Western time zone!

If we want to be a Super Bowl team 10 am starts should not be an excuse or even a concern.

Axx

Reaction score
Not sure why everyone is worried about playing at 10:00 AM.

"100 yards is 100 yards" ~ Some dude

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
taz291819":11x7ckr6 said:
I don't mind the early games from the team's aspect, I just don't like them from my aspect. I'm used to watching the Seahawks play in the late afternoon, after the first set of games.

From my perspective, I actually kinda like the early games. If they win, the glow of victory permeates the rest of the day's games. If they lose, I get it out of the way early.