Schedule on NFL.com Seahawks @ Panthers Week 1

ErikG803

Reaction score
Damn, I really like the way that schedule looks. Potential for a strong start, tougher middle, then a strong finish

11-13 wins

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
We can be crowned AFC South champs in Week 7.

This schedule is very very odd.

- 5 of our first 8 on the road
- Week 12 bye week
- AFC South matchups Weeks 3-6
- 4 of the best teams we play kickoff at 10 AM PST on the road

Not an easy schedule by any stretch. But we're extremely talented so.. if anyone can overcome it, its us.

60niners

Reaction score
TheWebHead":n64d3zeo said:
Seahawks with 5 10AM road games, Niners with 2.. can't call that anything other than NFL sabotage. All We Got, All We Need applies
I don't think the Niners care to be honest.

In other news, stoked to have the away game early in the season :mrgreen:

NorthwestSportsFan

Reaction score
Flex scheduling is only applicable to weeks 11-17 I believe, so the game at Atlanta can't be flexed. Also, only the afternoon games can be flexed, so the only games that can be flexed are vs Vikings (wk 11), at 49ers (wk 14), vs Cardinals (wk 16), and vs Rams (wk 17).

sa_seahawker

Reaction score
I know this is probably going to be a pointless thread, but I'm stoked! I'm in Indianapolis and I finally get to see the Seahawks in person after way too many years!

So watch the TV and look behind the Seahawks bench. I'll probably be the only dude sporting Seahawks duds in the crowd...and if they win, I'll be the guy running for my life from an angry mob in the parking lot! LoL 8)

-WOOT- :D

DavidSeven

Reaction score
TheWebHead":27mej5vw said:
Seahawks with 5 10AM road games, Niners with 2.. can't call that anything other than NFL sabotage. All We Got, All We Need applies

Plus one of SF's 10am starts is against Jacksonville and in London. That shouldn't even count.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
NorthwestSportsFan":2tlkl8hu said:
Flex scheduling is only applicable to weeks 11-17 I believe, so the game at Atlanta can't be flexed. Also, only the afternoon games can be flexed, so the only games that can be flexed are vs Vikings (wk 11), at 49ers (wk 14), vs Cardinals (wk 16), and vs Rams (wk 17).
No way we get flexed against Cards and Rams.

49ers? Yeah there is a high chance it gets flexed.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The schedule has some tough parts, but can't complain about 2 home games to finish out the year. Should be riding high going into the playoffs, just like this past season.

60niners

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3797m52l said:
TheWebHead":3797m52l said:

Plus one of SF's 10am starts is @ Jacksonville. That shouldn't even count.
That game is actually in London. Glad they get a BYE immediately following.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
60niners":1u20bzgm said:
DavidSeven":1u20bzgm said:
TheWebHead":1u20bzgm said:

Plus one of SF's 10am starts is @ Jacksonville. That shouldn't even count.
That game is actually in London. Glad they get a BYE immediately following.

Yeah, just noticed that and edited. That makes it even less of a "10am" game IMO. It'll be night in London by kick off.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
NorthwestSportsFan":1w6qn6bx said:

You are right, they did change that. I just read it off of NFL.com and took it for granted that it was the correct dates. I searched a little more and found where it is week 11 forward.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
NorthwestSportsFan":2zlucyde said:

Incorrect.. any game that FOX/CBS leaves unprotected can be moved to NBC. The only ones that cannot be touched are the TNF and MNF games

NorthwestSportsFan

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2qtwpybv said:
NorthwestSportsFan":2qtwpybv said:

Incorrect.. any game that FOX/CBS leaves unprotected can be moved to NBC. The only ones that cannot be touched are the TNF and MNF games

This is from NFL.com ...

Flexible Scheduling

Allows teams to play their way onto the Sunday night schedule

In 2006 the NFL implemented a primetime "flexible scheduling" element on Sundays in Weeks 10-15 and in Week 17.

Flexible scheduling ensured quality matchups on Sunday night in those weeks and gave surprise teams a chance to play their way onto primetime.

The NFL schedule will again utilize flexible scheduling in Weeks 11-17. The NBC Sunday night time slot for "flex" weeks will list the game tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.

Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game will be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights.

Just as the six major college football conferences have done for many years, the NFL will have the flexibility to move the start times of games on Sundays, using a 12-day notice format.

For example, a game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior.

The NFL has commonly moved games between 1:00 p.m. ET and 4:15 p.m. ET on Sunday afternoons, and the NFL now employs flexible scheduling to include one of its primetime packages of games - on Sunday evenings.

Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.

In Week 17, in order to ensure a Sunday night game with playoff implications, the decision to move the start time may be made on six days notice.

Seafan

Reaction score
glowingeyedseahawk":g08sifhc said:
...only 1 SNF game ??? WTF ??? :141847_bnono:

I see three potential flexed Sunday games on the schedule. I bet at least one of those will get flexed.

Latest posts