RGIII Rehab Update

Laloosh

Reaction score
Griffin really strikes me as being cut from the same cloth as RW. Seems very mature and driven... very driven...

“It’s always going to be tough, but it’s like Coach says, ‘You get the mental reps. You do what you have to do, you do what you can do,’ and that’s my goal, to do what I can do. You always want people holding you back. You don’t ever want to have people pushing you forward, and that’s what they’re doing right now. They’re holding me back from doing certain things because I feel like I’m ready, my body might look like I’m ready, but according to the time table, I’m not ready. So, I just keep pushing forward, keep pushing forward in what I can do, while at the same time, allow them to make me be patient.”

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/04/1 ... sdEiFdb.99

hawker84

Reaction score
i like Griffin, good player, good character, well spoken, great sportsmanship.. i hope things pan out for him.. i also hope we get a chance to continue to knock his A** out of the playoffs year after year...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Random thought: If he's back and as quick as ever for the start of the NFL season, there's no way I won't believe he's huffin' some good old HGH. Unless a doctor or nurse on this site can explain that there's some new technique for repairing torn ACLs/MCLs/etc. that would account for significantly faster recovery time than has always traditionally been the case? I'm already pretty suspicious of AP's "bionic man" recovery in no time flat.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3hctiuqt said:
Random thought: If he's back and as quick as ever for the start of the NFL season, there's no way I won't believe he's huffin' some good old HGH. Unless a doctor or nurse on this site can explain that there's some new technique for repairing torn ACLs/MCLs/etc. that would account for significantly faster recovery time than has always traditionally been the case? I'm already pretty suspicious of AP's "bionic man" recovery in no time flat.

Protect the shield. The games are better when AP and RG3 can play. Ethics? Bah Humug.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
JesterHawk":2soku74v said:
Protect the shield. The games are better when AP and RG3 can play. Ethics? Bah Humug.

If I had to guess, I'd say the NFL actually probably really does want to test for HGH. The players union is the entity that is probably deathly afraid of it; or at least, way more so than the NFL.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
hawker84":2bv4uxj7 said:
i like Griffin, good player, good character, well spoken, great sportsmanship.. i hope things pan out for him.. i also hope we get a chance to continue to knock his A** out of the playoffs year after year...

Couldn't agree more (if you're talking about knocking him out w/ an "L", not the knee ;)).

JSeahawks

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1e1g0cu2 said:

I just assume that he's doing something against the rules. I assume that Chris Clemons is as well to try and get back. I pretty much assume they all are. It's easier that way.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
I know HGH is on the banned substances list, but does that mean it can never be used for medical reasons? Just like some of the other banned substances I'm pretty sure if it's deemed medically necessary a Dr. can prescribe it. I could be wrong. Anyone know for sure?

Bakergirl

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":uqo9euaa said:
HGH is, indeed, on the banned substances list. It's the very first item under the hormones section, lol:

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResou ... 20List.pdf

Thanks Roland. I know it's on the list but so is Adderall, yet that can be allowed with a prescription. So my question was, is there any circumstance where the league would allow the use of HGH if prescribed by an attending physician?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I believe part of the problem with HGH is that it also allows you to get stronger. Building muscle is essentially tearing down old muscle through heavy lifting, and then newer, stronger muscle replaces it. If you heal a lot more quickly, you can build more muscle through use of HGH.

If you tear an ACL or MCL, it probably is stronger after it heals if you're taking HGH than if it isn't.

sutz

Reaction score
IIRC, a torn ligament is often stronger after the repair than before, regardless of method of treatment.

I would assume that HGH would be allowed if prescribed as part of treatment/rehab, but disallowed after the joint is fully healed. I don't know that for a fact, but it actually makes sense to me. You don't want players using that stuff when 'healthy', but when on IR? I should think it would be OK.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2xb2yn5c said:
I believe part of the problem with HGH is that it also allows you to get stronger. Building muscle is essentially tearing down old muscle through heavy lifting, and then newer, stronger muscle replaces it. If you heal a lot more quickly, you can build more muscle through use of HGH.

If you tear an ACL or MCL, it probably is stronger after it heals if you're taking HGH than if it isn't.

I was curious so I took a second to Google it and what do ya know, one of the first hits was for a body building forum (moderated by an M.D. apparently) and according to some, the right combination of HGH and other drugs is presumed to be effective (grain of salt, not in my wheel house).

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabo ... ments.html

Couldn't help but laugh at the thread titled "how do i get my balls back" as it was a serious post. No idea why these guys put themselves through this but hey, got you some pythons, right?!