2013 NFC West Predictions

grizrgood

Reaction score
bobk3333":crpbhzrq said:
Seattle Seahawks 16-0
Arizona Cardinals 11-5
San Fran 10-6
St Louis Rams 8-8

I am sick and tired of this 14-2, 13-3 garbage.

You people are too negative, just as you were about Russell Wilson before last season.

Open your friggin eyes. This is a great team that will dominate.

This season will be the biggest thing to hit Seattle since the '79 Supersonics - bigger than the 2001 Mariners, because this team will go all the way as the most dominant NFL team ever.

You people make me sick. I don't even want to be around people who aren't capable of seeing how good the Seahawks are. You are buzz-kills. You are not true Seahawk fans. You should not be allowed to wear #12. You shouldn't be allowed to step foot in Century Link.

This is the Russell Wilson argument all over again. It should be obvious how good this team is. Get your acts together, or get out. We don't want you jumping on our bandwagon after it becomes clear how dominant they are.

You make me sick.

LMAO! Geeezuz Keeryste! :2:

themunn

Reaction score
60niners":3ht1lpge said:
-Seattle still does not play nearly as well on the road as they do at home

Pssssht, whilst that may be true, look at last season again:

We won 4 roads games and lost 6
In the 6 losses we had the lead with less than 2 minutes to go three times, had the ball in the redzone for a potential winning TD (and managed to drops also), and played badly in 2 games (Rams and 49ers), and still lost both by a combined 13 points.

We're not far off of being a GOOD road team (not just a decent road team, but one that is expected to win wherever they play), and when the additions of Avril and Bennett tackle what was a huge weakness (particularly in the 3 matches we were leading with <2 minutes to go) and a bona fide playmaker, that should come to fruition this year

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
60niners":2sap6l6w said:
SF will likely split with Seattle, UNLESS, the game in Seattle is early in the year, in which case I could see SF taking both games :D

There isn't an "UNLESS" that gets the Niners a win in the CLink. It just isn't going to happen. Regardless of when the game is played. :stirthepot:

I can "see" things too. In fact, I can "see" the Niners opening up at the Clink and being choked out so bad that the Hawks send the Niners into a downward spiral of futility that will make the 2010 losing streak look like a title run. Then, right when the Niners think they are recovering the Hawks will slap them down again to celebrate never again having to play in that dump called the stick.

:49ersmall:

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
The Outfield":hy0kg4b6 said:
60niners":hy0kg4b6 said:
Hasselbeck":hy0kg4b6 said:
Seattle - 13-3
St. Louis - 10-6
San Fran - 7-9
Arizona - 4-12

:mrgreen:
I want to answer this thread seriously but posts like this make it hard to not just start talking trash.

7-9? That's just dumb.

On to seriousness, I DO think the 49ers will win the division again, but I believe it will probably be the same effect as last season; either at/or tied with Seattle record-wise. Some of these 14(+) win predictions are.... well...

Anywho:
49ers 12-4
Seattle 12-4 or 11-5
St Louis 8-8
Arizona 6-10

-Arizona will need another season or so to climb out of their funk.
-St Louis will play really tough against SF and Seattle but will lose some serious head-scratchers to bottom-feeding teams.
-Seattle still does not play nearly as well on the road as they do at home
-SF will likely split with Seattle, UNLESS, the game in Seattle is early in the year, in which case I could see SF taking both games :D

Seattle has had a great off-season so far, and appear to have improved on paper. The Niners have also had a pretty good off-season, and in every position but 1 have improved; if they draft a top-flight safety, I'd feel confident saying that the loss of Goldson would be less crucial.

Pssh... :177692: You're a 49ers fan, you're clearly biased! :mrgreen:
AND... you've borderline broken a forum rule. Attack the post, not the poster. You sort of did both. To me, comes across that you've called someone dumb.
Others have scoffed at such suggestions when they have superiority complexes like your team and your fanbase does. Just an overall opinion (shared by many and from multiple teams), not a singular, personal attack. ;) I could honestly see a 49ers fade because other teams will have a recipe for how to beat the Niners + will bring everything they've got Any Given Sunday to beat a team who was in the Super Bowl. On the other hand, no team blew out the Seahawks last year and isn't prone to getting blasted occasionally like the Niners. Something is going on there to have that happen and teams will be looking to capitalize on those weaknesses. The Rams are well coached and have talent. The 49ers couldn't beat them last year. I'm not one for predictions... but, I will not be surprised to see the 49ers finish 3rd in the division. CK is a running QB who can throw. I think he's going to get figured out. Russell Wilson is a QB who can scramble. There's a difference and, thus, RW is the superior QB... by far. Once this happens, KC starts looking like geniuses in that trade and the rest of the league has their way with SF. It's not uncommon that a QB is found out to merely be the flavor of the month. Again, I'm not predicting it. I just think there are enough Questions regarding the chemistry of SF going into a new season that it's not absurd to suggest the Rams could overtake them for 2nd place. I think you, 60Niners, might consider an apology to one Hasselbeck.

There you go.

60niners

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":202wpdfb said:
AND... you've borderline broken a forum rule. Attack the post, not the poster. You sort of did both. To me, comes across that you've called someone dumb.
Others have scoffed at such suggestions when they have superiority complexes like your team and your fanbase does. Just an overall opinion (shared by many and from multiple teams), not a singular, personal attack. ;) I could honestly see a 49ers fade because other teams will have a recipe for how to beat the Niners + will bring everything they've got Any Given Sunday to beat a team who was in the Super Bowl. On the other hand, no team blew out the Seahawks last year and isn't prone to getting blasted occasionally like the Niners. Something is going on there to have that happen and teams will be looking to capitalize on those weaknesses. The Rams are well coached and have talent. The 49ers couldn't beat them last year. I'm not one for predictions... but, I will not be surprised to see the 49ers finish 3rd in the division. CK is a running QB who can throw. I think he's going to get figured out. Russell Wilson is a QB who can scramble. There's a difference and, thus, RW is the superior QB... by far. Once this happens, KC starts looking like geniuses in that trade and the rest of the league has their way with SF. It's not uncommon that a QB is found out to merely be the flavor of the month. Again, I'm not predicting it. I just think there are enough Questions regarding the chemistry of SF going into a new season that it's not absurd to suggest the Rams could overtake them for 2nd place. I think you, 60Niners, might consider an apology to one Hasselbeck.

There you go.
I believe I did attack the post. I didn't say "you're dumb", I said the idea that the 49ers would finish 7-9 was dumb to me.

I could see a 49ers fade also, just as much as I can see a Seattle fade. Personally I think the Niners were better in 2011 than they were in 2012. Surprised everyone in 2011, played with hunger and fire and then more often than I care to remember played very flat in 2012. For your sake, hope the Seahawks don't do the same thing (and don't say that it's impossible).

There's no recipe for beating the 49ers as much as there is a recipe for beating any team. The entire league has had 10 years of film on the Patriots and that hasn't worked yet. When the team is good at what they do, it's the other team's job to be better at stopping it. Hopefully the 49ers are better at doing what they do this year than the other team who is trying to stop it. I don't think they're trying to deceive anyone with their scheme.

Lastly, personally I think CK is a pocket passer who also happens to be sensational at running. If he couldn't run at all, he'd still be a great passer. He's got a strong arm and great touch when he needs it. I'm not really sure what questions you were referring to regarding the 49ers going into this season?? The only question I have as a fan who follows them very closely is at the safety position.

loafoftatupu":202wpdfb said:
There isn't an "UNLESS" that gets the Niners a win in the CLink. It just isn't going to happen. Regardless of when the game is played. :stirthepot:

You have to understand that as I write this post from my biased standpoint, I still view the 49ers as the better team. So it's not illogical to me that they can beat the Seahawks in Seattle.

They've won there in 2006 and 2008 when they were much worse teams...
And of course they won there in 2011 when Seattle was on an upswing.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
60niners":29487j6c said:
There's no recipe for beating the 49ers as much as there is a recipe for beating any team.

Wrong.

Physical defense and balanced offense.

Worked for the Giants, Vikings, Rams, Seahawks and I don't need to remind you of the Ravens.

Niners thrash teams that are one dimensional, which is a large portion of the league. Pats, Packers, Saints, Lions, Bears. Pound on the Jets, Bills, Cards and such, but even the Dolphins at the Stick, kind of gave the Niners a game with that method of attack.

The opponent doesn't have to be exceptional with their offense, just "good" enough in both aspects to force the Niners into playing straight up defense. If you are a pass-happy team, the Niners will kill your QB, if you are a power run team, the Niners will stuff the middle and contain on the edge, but if you can have something resembling success in both? Now you are working that defense and keeping that offense on the sidelines. When they come out out of rhythm against your physical defense, you can be disruptive and create problems for the Niners.

Its no secret, it works against most teams, but if the Niners are going to lose, that is how.

hawker84

Reaction score
60Niners:

for every ridiculous prediction post you find on here, you'll find 10 on your sites...

As far as we're still a bad road team... unless you have an actual working crystal ball or something, how do you possibly know what type of team we'll be on the road next season... spectulation? hopeful thinking? or are you just going off history ?

Where we've improved (not on paper) but actual real life, with the signing of Harvin, Winfield, and the D Line we have strengthend an already strong team, whether that pans out throughout the season , time will tell.. injuries/off field problems happen unfortunately.

niners have also made some moves , however you have yet to strengthen the weakest part of your team, your secondary, which has actually gotten worse in the off season.. we've kept our team intact for the most part and improved our recieving core (dramatically), where you've weakend your defensive backfield... i would say Seattle has the advantage at this point... and i don't see you bringing in a hot shot rookie from the draft to take over at safety and have any real impact in his first year?

how will the niners over come these disadvantages?

OP
OP
S

seahawks875

Reaction score
How is anyone predicting us to do worst or the same as last year with all the additions we've made, I think we will be at least 13-3

Atradees

Reaction score
I like what Fischer is doing for the Rams.
Sam Bradford is not in opinion the quarterback that gets the franchise back into the black.

eight and eight

Carson Palmer will pad Sherman's stats.
There defense will be less formidable.

six and ten

The Niners will be real good again and will be good as their defense. The Smiths health with be a major factor.

eleven and five

The Seahawks will be better offensively as a surprise rookie tight end makes his bid for the pro bowl. However the d line has many new components and takes eight games to get sordid out.

eleven and five Superbowl Champs.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Atradees":170kygh8 said:
I like what Fischer is doing for the Rams.
Sam Bradford is not in opinion the quarterback that gets the franchise back into the black.

eight and eight

The Lambs are really tough for me to get a handle on as I agree with what you say here. Fisher is a helluva coach and judge of talent but I just don't see Bradford as ever being a championship caliber QB. On the other hand, their defense is quite good too. A very tough team to predict IMO.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Atradees":2s4x2y0q said:
yes. They added a good left tackle too.

They picked up Long didn't they? Good left tackle can make a big difference, obviously.

Rams could surprise a lot of ppl this year.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
I'd love to say 12-4. But really, I see 10-6 with the 5th or 6th seed. That is a brutal schedule.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
60niners":2socctfe said:
I believe I did attack the post. I didn't say "you're dumb", I said the idea that the 49ers would finish 7-9 was dumb to me.
Well, words don't just write themselves, pal. Someone wrote it and you called it dumb. Just like this poor justification instead of admitting you're wrong... you couldn't write fast enough to disagree with everything I said about how poster Hasselbeck's prediction could actually happen. Your basic comeback is, "Oh Yeah?" I believe another poster did you a service of further sizing up what you can expect come this season with the recipe to beat the 49ers that you just don't want to believe. I'm not even going to try with you or other 49er fans anymore. Why are you even in our forum? You only seem to be contributing what Seahawks fans loathe about your fanbase.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Man, this will most likely be the best Seahawks team to step on the field.... well, ever. My hope are a lot higher, even against playing in the toughest division on the NFL and with all those east coast road games this season.

Seahawks 16-0, GIVE ME MY DAG GONE SHOOTIN' SUPERBOWL WIN!!!
San Franciso Who-Cares
St. Louis Good-Luck
Arizona Child-Please

60niners

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":2d9wrqkc said:
60niners":2d9wrqkc said:
Well, words don't just write themselves, pal. Someone wrote it and you called it dumb. Just like this poor justification instead of admitting you're wrong... you couldn't write fast enough to disagree with everything I said about how poster Hasselbeck's prediction could actually happen. Your basic comeback is, "Oh Yeah?" I believe another poster did you a service of further sizing up what you can expect come this season with the recipe to beat the 49ers that you just don't want to believe. I'm not even going to try with you or other 49er fans anymore. Why are you even in our forum? You only seem to be contributing what Seahawks fans loathe about your fanbase.
Because this thread was about NFCW predictions, and I gave mine. This thread wasn't started so the Niner fan can cause a ruckus and make everyone get defensive. SOOOOO... If I keep responding in kind, it completely derails the topic at hand.

But since you insist, I'll try to make it quick:

The "recipe" that loafoftatupu elaborated on in my opinion is just a general outline for playing good football. It works on every team in the league; I hardly see that as the secret code to beating the 49ers. Every team can be beat, as evidenced by only two undefeated regular seasons in NFL history (not AFL or AAFC or anything else). The "recipe" for beating good teams is to play better than them - play good solid football.... But I suppose I'll concede a bit and say that there are certain styles of play that work better against certain teams.

Everything you stated as fact that I can expect, is nothing but subjective conjecture, so what's the point in me arguing with it? You can have your opinion, I don't hate you for it and I don't intend to rob you of it either. I disagree with you, and I stated why, but I will not lose sleep over it.

Just as you say, "Well, words don't just write themselves, pal", how do you suppose I am to attack the post not the user, if attacking the post IS attacking the user because words don't just write themselves pal? Just sayin. If you want to know why I'm here, PM me. I enjoy my time here and prefer to be a contributor not a distraction.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
60niners":356wgfzo said:
TeamoftheCentury":356wgfzo said:
60niners":356wgfzo said:
Because this thread was about NFCW predictions, and I gave mine. This thread wasn't started so the Niner fan can cause a ruckus and make everyone get defensive. SOOOOO... If I keep responding in kind, it completely derails the topic at hand.

But since you insist, I'll try to make it quick:

The "recipe" that loafoftatupu elaborated on in my opinion is just a general outline for playing good football. It works on every team in the league; I hardly see that as the secret code to beating the 49ers. Every team can be beat, as evidenced by only two undefeated regular seasons in NFL history (not AFL or AAFC or anything else). The "recipe" for beating good teams is to play better than them - play good solid football.... But I suppose I'll concede a bit and say that there are certain styles of play that work better against certain teams.

Everything you stated as fact that I can expect, is nothing but subjective conjecture, so what's the point in me arguing with it? You can have your opinion, I don't hate you for it and I don't intend to rob you of it either. I disagree with you, and I stated why, but I will not lose sleep over it.

Just as you say, "Well, words don't just write themselves, pal", how do you suppose I am to attack the post not the user, if attacking the post IS attacking the user because words don't just write themselves pal? Just sayin. If you want to know why I'm here, PM me. I enjoy my time here and prefer to be a contributor not a distraction.
:34853_doh: It's no "secret". Your team can be beat. Teams will know how to game plan against the 49ers. They are a talented team and have a chance to be a factor. But, to simply dismiss the Rams as not having a chance to overtake them... you're arguing for that possibility while at the same time saying there's no way it will happen (or in your words, dumb to suggest it.) The things I had to say are not simply subjective conjecture as you say. I gave reasons why it's not far fetched. They are real factors. I'm no "all-knowing" being and never suggested such a thing. All we have beyond our opinions is reasoned arguments. You dismiss my reasoned arguments as subjective conjecture. To say it's nothing but subjective conjecture isn't exactly so. Further, it's Bad form. You haven't exactly pulled the rug out from under my argument as you think. Others have tried to reason with you, but I haven't seen you really grant any point as valid. The only points you wish to hear are those that would speak of your teams superiority. How is that contributing? I would personally not be going onto a 49er board in the first place... but, if I did - I certainly wouldn't be carrying on as you are doing. Who is going onto 49er boards and asking you guys to come here to contribute? Or, are you doing us a favor?