Winfield Contract

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Winfield Contract
Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:54 am
  • From kffl.com

Seattle Seahawks CB Antoine Winfield's contract with the team is for one year and $2 million, plus $1 million in "not likely to be earned" incentives, according to a source.

The news keeps getting better. I was happy with 1 year/$3mil. It sounds like he will only get $2 mil. Since it is a "not likely to be earned", that $1 Mil doesn't count against the cap.
    vonstout
    NET Practice Squad

Re: Winfield Contract
Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:01 am
  • The "source" is likely the same as the ESPN link I read. I posted details in the Seahawks Salary thread here... viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64716&start=80
    :les:

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:20 am
  • 2 million for an elite player, the very best at his respective position. How is this even possible? I know his age had to be a factor in the negotiation, but it seems Winfield came here for nothing less than a Super Bowl.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:33 am
  • SmokinHawk wrote:2 million for an elite player, the very best at his respective position. How is this even possible? I know his age had to be a factor in the negotiation, but it seems Winfield came here for nothing less than a Super Bowl.

Seems the most likely conclusion.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:37 am
  • Go back and look and he has always been good to his team. He had a deal that if 2 years ago he played less than X% of the snaps he would get a significantly reduced amount of money the year after. I think it was put there because he was getting older. But he got injured so he was paid some $2+ million last year and played at an extremely high level.

When you do that for your team and they come back and don't want to pay you what you should get next year then you are moving on. It is not about getting an extra $500k to stay with the team or not you simply have your pride. The fortunate thing for us is now we are a destination team so we will be one of the teams these guys look at to go and get a ring before they retire.....
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:51 am
  • News just keeps getting better this offseason. There's no way to hate on this deal. I was happy when I thought it was a full $3 million.

Cost of Winfield + Quinn now less than the cap savings from trading Flynn. Amazing.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:48 am
  • Glad to see him come to the Seahawks. I bleed scarlet and gray and always good to see a Buckeye have a great NFL career.
    MadMooseBaits
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:00 pm
  • I hope he earns that extra million. Gonna be a great year!
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:00 pm
  • Not bad....not bad at all.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:23 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information