HA! Final Madden Cover vote has no 49ers

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
HA! Final Madden Cover vote has no 49ers
Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:16 am
  • http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... witter_atl

It's down to Adrian Peterson and Barry Sanders. I'm voting Sanders; no disrespect to AP intended.

Thank the baby Jebus that whatever jerk was using testing automation software to spam votes for 49ers didn't get a 49ers player in the final two.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• But I thought we wanted a 49er on the cover so they get hit by the curse?
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• :snack:

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• indeed a double edged sword....
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• JesterHawk wrote:But I thought we wanted a 49er on the cover so they get hit by the curse?

I hate you.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Ha! No Seahawks either. ;)
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• Edit : Good Stuff, Roland!
    Last edited by pehawk on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:Now Rolands getting owned by 49er fans.

This is bad, real bad.

He really has turned into the Chone Figgens of .NET.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• pehawk wrote:Now Rolands getting owned by 49er fans.

This is bad, real bad.

So Jester is a 49ers fan? Hmmm, explains a lot.

Also, why don't you and Scotte keep it in the shack? Stop bringing your brilliant parenting and downtalking of me into other forums.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Now Rolands getting owned by 49er fans.

This is bad, real bad.

So Jester is a 49ers fan? Hmmm, explains a lot.

Also, why don't you and Scotte keep it in the shack? Stop bringing your brilliant parenting and downtalking of me into other forums.

Lighten up, Francis! Ill delete it, just so I don't sidetrack what promises to be a compelling thread, but lighten up.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Sanders had this in the bag day one.

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

• Wow...
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• I voted AP. I think he deserves it this year.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• I'm sorry, but which 49ers player were we saying was on equal footing with the great Barry Sanders?
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• The Outfield wrote:I voted AP. I think he deserves it this year.

I'm not voting for HGH. Err, I mean, Adrian Peterson. ;)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• AP. he is one tough player. Back from a bad injury, rolls like a truck headed down hill without breaks.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:I voted AP. I think he deserves it this year.

I'm not voting for HGH. Err, I mean, Adrian Peterson. ;)

Without any real proof, I'm not going to accuse him of anything. That said, the bulging of his eyes when he runs doesn't seem all that natural :shock:
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:I'm sorry, but which 49ers player were we saying was on equal footing with the great Barry Sanders?

You don't think that Joe Montana or Jerry Rice are on equal footing with Barry Sanders?! You're right... They're at a level above.
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

• 60niners wrote:You don't think that Joe Montana or Jerry Rice are on equal footing with Barry Sanders?! You're right... They're at a level above.

Talk about being a homer. Equal footing, sure, good discussion to be had about that. A level above Barry Sanders? No effing way. If there's someone in this discussion that is a level above, it's Sanders, not Montana or Rice. Besides, Montana and Rice both benefited from each other; a great QB benefits from a great receiver, and vice-versa. Sanders never even had a dominant O-line to help him, or even a good team around him.

Seriously, if you want to put Sanders at a level below Montana and Rice, you need to keep that on your 49ers forums. Not here, or any other non-S.F. team's forums.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    60niners wrote:You don't think that Joe Montana or Jerry Rice are on equal footing with Barry Sanders?! You're right... They're at a level above.

Talk about being a homer. Equal footing, sure, good discussion to be had about that. A level above Barry Sanders? No effing way. If there's someone in this discussion that is a level above, it's Sanders, not Montana or Rice. Besides, Montana and Rice both benefited from each other; a great QB benefits from a great receiver, and vice-versa. Sanders never even had a dominant O-line to help him, or even a good team around him.

Seriously, if you want to put Sanders at a level below Montana and Rice, you need to keep that on your 49ers forums. Not here, or any other non-S.F. team's forums.

I don't think he was being a homer. I don't think anybody was being a homer when they made the list of the top 100 players in the NFL of all time.

#1...
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    60niners wrote:You don't think that Joe Montana or Jerry Rice are on equal footing with Barry Sanders?! You're right... They're at a level above.

Sanders was good, Jim Brown was great, Barrys dad agrees
    Rude144
    NET Bench Warmer

• Rude144 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

Sanders was good, Jim Brown was great, Barrys dad agrees

Barry Sanders holds the record for most rushes for negative yardage. It's not even close. That's how much credit his O-line gets. Barry was the greatest rusher of all time.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• What a surprise, two more Niners fans think Barry Sanders was merely "good". God, the ego.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Imagine what Barry could have done behind a great O-Line
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• rlkats wrote:Imagine what Barry could have done behind a great O-Line

No kidding. They ignore that, and also ignore all the great team-building Walsh did for them. They also specialize in pretending their owner during the glory years wasn't as crooked as they come, and who knows what he did under the table to help his team. Sanders being overly loyal to the Lions and being on a crap team his whole career had no effect on his career, though. :roll:

God, can't even discuss stuff seriously with these guys. I'd have thought at least some of them would show respect for some all-time greats not related to the 49ers/Seahawks, but I guess I was wrong.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Um Roland just to let you know im a Niner fan. But I stoll agree with ya.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• Ah, didn't realize. Either way, you're right, and an exception to the other Niners fans posting in this thread. :)

Barry Sanders behind a great line and team would have blown up every record in the book, IMO. A lot of people don't realize what a disadvantage he was at compared to the other few names people talk about for all-time great RBs...
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• First, Joe won 2 super bowls before Rice was even drafted. I always feel compelled to point this out bc it seems too many don't know that. With that aside, Joe was the best QB I ever saw, Rice the best WR and Sanders the best RB. If Sanders had, oh lets say Dallas's Oline, then he would have broken every record imaginable. 2500 yards? Maybe.

But it doesn't matter who is the best or not. Roland, you made the thread. Plus you are quick to jump onto Niners' fans for bringing up the glory days. This topic is just inviting someone to challenge you, which is what you must have set out to do.

Anyways, the only thing I really have a problem with is your assertion that Eddie D was the most crooked owner. He played by the rules and exploited them perfectly. Got the NFL to change the rules. can't fault him for that.
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

• Sanders was good, Jim Brown was great, Barrys dad agrees

and barry sanders dad was an expert how exactly, because he was a Jim Brown Fan?

taking absolutely nothing away from Jim Brown, but in his day he was a man playing amongst boy's...

Put Barry behind the Dallas O Line, put Emmitt Behind Sanders O line, and you'd see Emmitt's rushing record shattered by A LOT and Dickersons single season record as well.... so your post should read Jim Brown great, Barry Sanders GOAT....
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• NorCal wrote:can't fault him for that.

Can't blame OJ Simpson, either, apparently.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Anyone saying that Rice isn't on the same level as Sanders should seriously stop talking about football

I get it, you hate the Niners (I do too) but your stupidity is really killing common sense
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Shaz wrote:Anyone saying that Rice isn't on the same level as Sanders should seriously stop talking about football

I get it, you hate the Niners (I do too) but your stupidity is really killing common sense

Who said that? Nobody that I see. I said they're all around even, but said IF there's any one of the three that is a level above, it's Sanders. He's already considered one of the best 3 RBs ever, if not greatest of all time, and he was on a crappy team his whole career. Being able to play most or all of your career on a great overall team makes it a lot easier to break those records, and get those rings. Most of the 49ers fans are holding Barry Sanders's lack of rings against him. It's a team game.

My Niner hate is not the reason I'm saying this. Seriously.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Shaz wrote:Anyone saying that Rice isn't on the same level as Sanders should seriously stop talking about football

Who said that? Nobody that I see. I said they're all around even, but said IF there's any one of the three that is a level above, it's Sanders. He's already considered one of the best 3 RBs ever, if not greatest of all time, and he was on a crappy team his whole career. Being able to play most or all of your career on a great overall team makes it a lot easier to break those records, and get those rings. Most of the 49ers fans are holding Barry Sanders's lack of rings against him. It's a team game.

My Niner hate is not the reason I'm saying this. Seriously.

He was on a crappy team the whole time? Hmmmm, he really wasn't. That early 90's Detroit team was actually pretty damn good until the Front Office blew it up for some odd reason, if they would have stuck with that team, the Lions challenge the Cowboys and Niners for NFC supremacy in those years
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Shaz wrote:He was on a crappy team the whole time? Hmmmm, he really wasn't. That early 90's Detroit team was actually pretty damn good until the Front Office blew it up for some odd reason, if they would have stuck with that team, the Lions challenge the Cowboys and Niners for NFC supremacy in those years

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Detroit did what they've been doing for a long time; show a glimpse of skill, then find a way to screw it up.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I'd rather have Kaep on the cover than Barry or AD.

Get that curse going :stirthepot:
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• I vote Adrian Peterson. 'Cuz he'll be brought up from the minor leagues team and playing for the Seahawks in 2 years like Bevell, Rice, and Harvin...
    kigenzun
    NET Starter

• kigenzun wrote:I vote Adrian Peterson. 'Cuz he'll be brought up from the minor leagues team and playing for the Seahawks in 2 years like Bevell, Rice, and Harvin...

He's a year older than Beast Mode. He'll be 30 in two years. No thanks.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I was joking.
    kigenzun
    NET Starter

• I'm glad it's Barry. No Hawks, no Niners, no curse for either of us.

As to the great debate going on - I agree with Roland (it pains me to say that) that Joe, Jerry, and Barry are equals in my book. All GOATs as far as I'm concerned.

Okay, someone shoot me now for agreeing with Roland. Please. :sarcasm_on:
    Beeker49
    NET Practice Squad

• kigenzun wrote:I was joking.

He knows. He was just making sure everyone else knew, too.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• RIP Barry Sanders #maddencurse #itsreal #rolandknowsithejustscurred
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• AbsolutNET wrote:He knows. He was just making sure everyone else knew, too.

You really need to get rid of your hard-on over me. It's not like there was anything in his post suggesting it was a joke.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information