Rumored first four weeks of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I thought the way they've been doing it is all four teams in a division play each other the same week. (Rams vs Niners means Hawks vs Cards). That's not how this schedule is doing it so I'm not very confident that this schedule posted is real.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Glad this is false. I don't fear the 49ers, but I wouldn't think it would be ideal to play week 1 on MNF, then have a short week to prepare to travel to play @ SF. I would more see that as the schedule makers trying to do their best to give the 49ers some sort of advantage. I'd rather see the first matchup @ SF more mid-season. Then, have the Home game vs. SF later in the season. Seems like that would add to the intrigue since both teams are expected to duke it out for the division. The NFL might be wise to allow that to be brought to a boil of anticipation.

60niners

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":27osryd1 said:
Glad this is false. I don't fear the 49ers, but I wouldn't think it would be ideal to play week 1 on MNF, then have a short week to prepare to travel to play @ SF. I would more see that as the schedule makers trying to do their best to give the 49ers some sort of advantage. I'd rather see the first matchup @ SF more mid-season. Then, have the Home game vs. SF later in the season. Seems like that would add to the intrigue since both teams are expected to duke it out for the division. The NFL might be wise to allow that to be brought to a boil of anticipation.
Lol right... cuz a late year game in Seattle isn't a distinct advantage..

Aristotle22

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2df3ulss said:
therealjohncarlson":2df3ulss said:
CONFIRMED FAKE

Minnesota has already been scheduled to play Pittsburgh in London on Sep 29, week 4

Which one is designated as the "Home" team?

Vikings are home. A friend of mine is a Steeler an and he is bummed they finally have a game against the Vikings on the road and instead of Minneapolis it is in London

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I liked the idea of MNF vs Min early, the were a playoff team with expectations but by end of season they will be a losing team.

Anyways this is for sure fake the sounders play at home Sunday week 4 so we have to play away unless monday night. The sounders also have a night home game week 1 so I could see us open on the road or a MNF game. I'm not sure how often they like to have a night game then a game the next morning.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ah4ple3 said:
My sources tell me that we'll play against another NFL team during the first week of the NFL Season.

Well that rules out Buffalo and a few others.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
60niners":15cued8q said:
TeamoftheCentury":15cued8q said:
Lol right... cuz a late year game in Seattle isn't a distinct advantage..
You lol? What's you're point there? The Niners traveling to Seattle late in 2012 wasn't supposed to be a challenge for your superior 49ers, right? ;)

SF having to play @ Seattle ANYTIME is a distinct disadvantage for the 49ers... and for ANY visiting team for that matter.

I wasn't suggesting to have the 49ers finish a 5 game road trip in Seattle. THAT might deserve a lol. Just giving my preferences to fellow Hawks fans - not Niner fans (I couldn't care less what you all have to say and honestly wish you all would go away. IIRC, you're not one of the worst... but, still - I don't come onto Hawk boards to discuss with other teams fans. I think you guys should be limited to the NFL Nation forum and not be allowed to pollute our main forum.) Anyway, whether the later game is played in Seattle or SF... my point is the same: It adds to the anticipation to have a later game. Many are guessing that the schedule makers will have the Hawks traveling to SF in week 17. I could see that for many reasons. We'll find out soon.

Listen... I was actually commenting in the most respectful way I could about your favorite team there. I'm surprised that you didn't choose to comment on that. :Dunno: Unless their roster changes screw up what chemistry they had (that and other things I think could go wrong for the 49ers this upcoming season which I won't go into), the 49ers are likely still a tough opponent and the thought of going there to play on a short week early in the season might present a challenge. But, it's going to be the Seahawks presenting the challenge for other teams this season wherever they play.

zayden185

Reaction score
razgriz737":1zgvecu9 said:
First game of the season on a Monday night? Interesting.

Hawks are the "Hot Ticket" right now.....all the buzz!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I think it's BS that Seahawks aren't going to play all 16 games at home in primetime.

Scratch that, I think they should play every game in Spokane and serve free beer.

zayden185

Reaction score
60niners":9w7umamz said:
Hard to see MNF opening without the Raiders playing...

Cuz the Raiders are worst than last year, and i think that may have been one of the wrost games on one of the worst fields in the histor of all competitive sports! anyone will watch monday night football, so why waste TV space on crap to start the season...3 years in a row

60niners

Reaction score
zayden185":3h3bhrov said:
60niners":3h3bhrov said:
Hard to see MNF opening without the Raiders playing...

Cuz the Raiders are worst than last year, and i think that may have been one of the wrost games on one of the worst fields in the histor of all competitive sports! anyone will watch monday night football, so why waste TV space on crap to start the season...3 years in a row
I might be wrong but I thought there was some sort of tradition that Oakland is always favored to open on MNF. I could be wrong though.

I thought it was similar to how the Lions and Cowboys always get games on Thanksgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.