Cameron Morrah to 9ers

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Cameron Morrah to 9ers
Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:13 pm

Re: Cameron Morrah to 9ers
Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:48 pm
  • Hopefully he doesn't sell us out. See the 49ers like our castaways, Lockett now Morah.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:00 pm
  • Damn damn damn!!!!
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:28 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:Hopefully he doesn't sell us out. See the 49ers like our castaways, Lockett now Morah.

I think Darchebaugh is trying to pull a Pete Carroll on us...
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:32 pm

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:40 pm
  • Always has been a good athlete, but hasn't been able to get right catching the ball. Hopefully it stays that way in SF.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:00 pm
  • Damn...... I had SUPER high hopes for Morrah. Oh well.... Much like Lockett, I now hate him and will as long as he wears red.
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:24 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:Damn...... I had SUPER high hopes for Morrah. Oh well.... Much like Lockett, I now hate him and will as long as he wears red.

Word
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:37 pm
  • Can we trade up and snag one of those beast tight ends now?

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:45 pm
  • Booooooo! But oh well..........
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:06 pm
  • Yessss take more of our bums
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:41 pm
  • Meh, screw the Niners
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:06 am
  • Morrah has appeared in 27 games in four years and has 16 catches for 194 yards.

Sad. This tells me if they sign him it's simply to gather intelligence on Seattle and for pretty much no other legitimate reason.

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:38 am
  • What sucks is that I'm pretty sure he's a better pass catcher than McCoy. He must have lacked in the blocking or something.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:52 am
  • Meh. I wanted him to do well while he was here, but now he isn't. He won't be a difference maker for the digits.

IMO any angst about him leaving is due to our natural tendency to overvalue our own guys.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:07 am
  • Natural replacement for Delanie Walker. Not a passing threat but a solid blocker who can play the H-back as well. He will get reps in San Fran pretty much like Walker did. Good move for both him and the Niners.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:31 am
  • See where the 49ers fail

We pick up pro-bowlers like Julian Peterson and Michael Robinson

they pick up duds or past it players like Darrell Jackson, Ricardo Lockette & Cameron Morrah
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:44 am
  • Morrah was from the Bay in college, so it makes sense. He is a better player than some here are giving credit for, but could not stay healthy. Our offensive version of Thurmond.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:46 am
  • He's a non-factor / 20 something games in 4 years... / obviously the team was moving on, I'm sure plans have been in motion to pickup a TE in the draft... next.

I'm glad the '9ers are there to catch our guano...

"Everyone hath a plan... until they get punthed in the fathe." -- Mike Tython on the 2014 Theattle Theahawkth.
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:49 am
  • Hes a spy! But theres enough time for Pete to make sure that isn't a problem.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:17 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:What sucks is that I'm pretty sure he's a better pass catcher than McCoy. He must have lacked in the blocking or something.

I think McCoy is an emerging player who is going to get better and better as he continues to get experience and increasingly comfortable in the offense with RW. I also like the other 3 TE prospects we have on the roster. Helfet is an athletic player they keep bringing back. Fells the next ex-basketball player TE?, and McGrath who seems to have already earned his way into consideration. Not only numbers, but I like the potential there even thus far as well. If they draft a TE or even bring one in as an UDFA... the Hawks will have plenty of competition at the position. It will be exciting and interesting to see who the additions will be come next weekend.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:32 am
  • Morrah was an ok TE but really nothing super special to worry about. I think McCoy is actually the better all around TE but had that awful dropsies tendency. While he has not completely fixed that, he does seem to be improving on it so there maybe hope. I think they are looking to improve that position anyway so no big deal here, just opens up another spot for the competition.
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:53 am
  • This bolsters my belief that we will draft TE in the 2-4th round this year.
    gubernaculum
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:17 am
  • Good for him. Now he can be hurt on some other team.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:19 am
  • themunn wrote:See where the 49ers fail

they pick up duds or past it players like Darrell Jackson, Ricardo Lockette & Cameron Morrah

You mean like Brett Swain, the receiver the Seahawks signed? The guy who couldn't even make the Niners roster? All teams do this... They sign camp bodies from rivals to get some inside info about their offense/defense then cut them come regular season if they can't earn their spot.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie

Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:30 am
  • Morrah has some talent for sure. He just can't stay healthy. He gets hurt every year.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:08 am
  • I hope we're able to find a suitable replacement. TE's with Morrah's production don't grow on trees :sarcasm_off:
    King Dog
    NET Starter

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:41 am
  • SouthSoundHawk wrote:Can we trade up and snag one of those beast tight ends now?

I have my fingers crossed for Escobar, even if the Hawks have to take him in the second.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:15 am
  • At least Cam has an opportunity to announce our 2nd round pick next year...
    ak3000
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:33 am
  • ak3000 wrote:At least Cam has an opportunity to announce our 2nd round pick next year...

very nice
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:44 am
  • I just don't get the want for another TE. We have a very capable, cheap backup and a very expensive starter. Why use a high resource for a 3rd TE?

A poster claimed Morrah wasn't much of a receiver but a good blocker. Yeah, okay.

If he can stay healthy, he can catch some balls and be a weapon for SF. I see him catching just enough balls to be annoying.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:27 am
  • Tical21 wrote:I just don't get the want for another TE. We have a very capable, cheap backup and a very expensive starter. Why use a high resource for a 3rd TE?

We really don't have any needs that demand a high resource, but we only have two more years of Zach Miller. Combine that with a very talented TE class and no big holes, and TE seems like a good position to focus on in this draft.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:40 am
  • I think the logic in adding a 3rd in the draft is neither Morrah or McCoy are/were long term and we need to groom one. MCCoy is in his last year of his rookie 1.47 mil deal.
    I don't see him coming back. We need to add one this year or next so if the best player available is TE, go for it.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:44 am
  • Bakergirl wrote:
    Morrah has appeared in 27 games in four years and has 16 catches for 194 yards.

Sad. This tells me if they sign him it's simply to gather intelligence on Seattle and for pretty much no other legitimate reason.

Some of the more knowledgable niners there say that he's a real good player. the problem with him, it seems is that he's been injured too much to have been a factor in getting a role in the teams he's played with.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:48 am
  • Giedi wrote:
    Bakergirl wrote:
    Morrah has appeared in 27 games in four years and has 16 catches for 194 yards.

Some of the more knowledgable niners there say that he's a real good player. the problem with him, it seems is that he's been injured too much to have been a factor in getting a role in the teams he's played with.

We've got a pretty stellar strength and conditioning program, hopefully he can benefit from that.

If he appears to be a natural successor to Delanie Walker I'm all on board. The asset that made Walker most valuable is his athleticism, and based on the posts in this thread it sounds like Morrah also posses unique physical talents.

Even the best rookie prospects aren't a guarantee, so I think I feel a bit better about bringing in someone with experience for the backup position then laying hopes on a rook.
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:52 am
  • QuickLightning wrote:
    themunn wrote:See where the 49ers fail

You mean like Brett Swain, the receiver the Seahawks signed? The guy who couldn't even make the Niners roster? All teams do this... They sign camp bodies from rivals to get some inside info about their offense/defense then cut them come regular season if they can't earn their spot.

I's sure what you say is a factor, but Morrah will be playing the H-back position on the 49ers, as others here have said. that means a lot of blocking more than catching which I think will fit in with his skill set there. .
    Giedi
    NET Starter

Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:13 pm
  • 60niners wrote:We've got a pretty stellar strength and conditioning program, hopefully he can benefit from that.

If he appears to be a natural successor to Delanie Walker I'm all on board. The asset that made Walker most valuable is his athleticism, and based on the posts in this thread it sounds like Morrah also posses unique physical talents.

Even the best rookie prospects aren't a guarantee, so I think I feel a bit better about bringing in someone with experience for the backup position then laying hopes on a rook.

Been a while since I've heard the "magic strength and conditioning program" homerism, thanks for the chuckle and good luck with that.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:01 pm
  • hawk45 wrote:
    60niners wrote:We've got a pretty stellar strength and conditioning program, hopefully he can benefit from that.

Been a while since I've heard the "magic strength and conditioning program" homerism, thanks for the chuckle and good luck with that.

Several analysts as well as players from other teams around the league have commented on the level of conditioning of 49ers players, do you believe them to be wrong? Do you believe strength and conditioning is a scam? I don't know why that's an absurd topic.. The 49ers have been been relatively injury free since Harbaugh took over, and the injuries they did suffer were isolated incidents usually dealing with a specific play - ala Manningham getting his knee destroyed in Seattle.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:11 pm
  • That "strength" program didn't do much to get San Francisco's scrawny first-rounder on the field.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:30 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:That "strength" program didn't do much to get San Francisco's scrawny first-rounder on the field.

Yea you're right. I guess there's some question about his work ethic unfortunately. From what I understand, they wanted him to add weight and bulk and he really didn't do that. He has been working in Atlanta with CK this off season though since Feb, and I believe he's at the voluntary workouts that have started with the rest of the majority. At least I hope.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:33 pm
  • CaptainSkybeard wrote:Hes a spy! But theres enough time for Pete to make sure that isn't a problem.

wait..are you suggesting...that Pete Carroll is going to..assassinate Cameron Morrah!!????
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:32 pm
  • 60niners wrote:
    hawk45 wrote:
    60niners wrote:We've got a pretty stellar strength and conditioning program, hopefully he can benefit from that.

Several analysts as well as players from other teams around the league have commented on the level of conditioning of 49ers players, do you believe them to be wrong? Do you believe strength and conditioning is a scam? I don't know why that's an absurd topic.. The 49ers have been been relatively injury free since Harbaugh took over, and the injuries they did suffer were isolated incidents usually dealing with a specific play - ala Manningham getting his knee destroyed in Seattle.

No I don't think folks are lying but it isn't the magic potion you seem to think it is, and the strength program magic argument is classic homerism you have to know that.

The Seahawks were utterly immune to injury last year aside from crappy DC grass, but that doesn't mean I'm not holding my breath every time Sidney Rice takes the field because...drum roll...injury history means something.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:25 am
  • Tical21 wrote:I just don't get the want for another TE. We have a very capable, cheap backup and a very expensive starter. Why use a high resource for a 3rd TE?

A poster claimed Morrah wasn't much of a receiver but a good blocker. Yeah, okay.

If he can stay healthy, he can catch some balls and be a weapon for SF. I see him catching just enough balls to be annoying.

IMO There's a good chance Miller gets asked to restructure in '14 or '15 if he declines he might get cut and a cheap alternative may be the answer to keeping our team together.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:21 am
  • hawk45 wrote:No I don't think folks are lying but it isn't the magic potion you seem to think it is, and the strength program magic argument is classic homerism you have to know that.

The Seahawks were utterly immune to injury last year aside from crappy DC grass, but that doesn't mean I'm not holding my breath every time Sidney Rice takes the field because...drum roll...injury history means something.

Injury history does mean something, you're very right there. But that shouldn't stop me from having hope. In the first two years of the current regime, we've seen Harbalke take players relatively outcast from other teams and turn them into play-makers/contributors. I'm hoping this young man can be the same because I was really sore about losing Walker.

As an aside; Frank Gore tore up his knee in college and he's been fairly free of major injuries since he was drafted in 2005. That, also gives me hope.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:42 pm
  • Not sure I can buy into the Miller restructure... ever. I believe his cap number is 14 is 3.5 and in 15 is 2.7. His talent is not "replacement level". Zach is to Seattle what Heath Miller is to Pittsburgh. Heart and soul of the offense. Dude never has to come off the field. That is rare.

Zach Miller is a rare player. He will be here. No restructure.

I think you may see Chancellor leave. Or get franchised one year. Chancellor has the Dashon Goldson track all over him.

Now 2015 Dangeruss will be making over 20M. There will change there :) Draft will be critical at skill positions at that time. Okung and Thomas big money hits will have to come in 2014.

We won't keep everybody, but we will keep the keys. We still need to draft 10 this year, for we need 3-4 potentially great players drafted in 2013 and 2014.

I digress.
    It is what it is...
    nbk35zw
    NET Rookie

Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:02 am
  • 60niners wrote:
    hawk45 wrote:No I don't think folks are lying but it isn't the magic potion you seem to think it is, and the strength program magic argument is classic homerism you have to know that.

Injury history does mean something, you're very right there. But that shouldn't stop me from having hope. In the first two years of the current regime, we've seen Harbalke take players relatively outcast from other teams and turn them into play-makers/contributors. I'm hoping this young man can be the same because I was really sore about losing Walker.

As an aside; Frank Gore tore up his knee in college and he's been fairly free of major injuries since he was drafted in 2005. That, also gives me hope.

On the issue of injuries, I think the field that the players play on factor a lot into it. I think natural grass is the best field because it will give when players cut, thereby saving their knees from blowing out.

As for Morrah, the system that the 49ers play is probably more suited to his skill set than seattle. The 49ers are more of a running team while Seattle with Wilson - I can see them this year being much more of a passing team with Harvin now in the fold and I'm sure with the draft, they will have some weapons to make sure Wilson will have folks to throw to.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:11 pm
  • I actually think the health issues are much closer related to playing on your toes vs playing on your heals, so to speak. Aggressive smash mouth teams tend to have less injury issues than the Finesse teams and I think that is due to trying to move forward as oppose to trying not to move back.

Strength and conditioning obviously helps but that IMO is much more on the player themselves. If they are not motivated to aggressively pursue the strength and conditioning program, the coach/coordinator means very little but for those willing to put in the work, even an average S&C coach will have success.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:19 pm
  • RichNhansom wrote:I actually think the health issues are much closer related to playing on your toes vs playing on your heals, so to speak. Aggressive smash mouth teams tend to have less injury issues than the Finesse teams and I think that is due to trying to move forward as oppose to trying not to move back.

Strength and conditioning obviously helps but that IMO is much more on the player themselves. If they are not motivated to aggressively pursue the strength and conditioning program, the coach/coordinator means very little but for those willing to put in the work, even an average S&C coach will have success.

I think that is true to a certain extent. If you are giving the blow and you have the higher momentum, the one recieving the blow will suffer more. I'll leave the angular momentum to the physics nerds. Regarding smash mouth teams, if the opposing team is bent backwards, that can cause injuries. Specially if the smash mouth team is bigger and more powerful.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information