Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: 2 bombs at Boston Marathon
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:35 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm
Posts: 1840
Detail just coming in, many hurt


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:37 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22912
Location: Kirkland, WA
Many injured. Ouch. Awaiting more details...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/us/ex ... athon.html

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2 bombs at Boston Marathon
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:42 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7408
Location: CVN-68
Sounds like 3 dead so far.

WTF is wrong with this world...?

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2 bombs at Boston Marathon
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:44 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm
Posts: 1840
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2 bombs at Boston Marathon
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:46 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:37 pm
Posts: 207
Location: ..Location..Location
fucking bullshit...are the assholes responisible homegrown or overseas?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2 bombs at Boston Marathon
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:48 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4217
jesus christ. saw the video too. unreal


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:49 am 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8621
Location: PNW
Boston.com News ‏@BostonDotCom 3m
RT @fara1: Police officer near Boston Marathon finish line: 'There are secondary devices that have been found and are unexploded.'

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2 bombs at Boston Marathon
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:56 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9878
jack_patera wrote:
fucking bullshit...are the assholes responisible homegrown or overseas?

I've got my hunches but ill wait for more information.
A tragic incident!

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:01 pm 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14122
Location: Portland, OR
What is inspiring people to do this? I swear, it better not be someone who didn't get the point of Four Lions.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
Posts: 5089
Location: South End
It's a sick world we live in. With some really broken people. :cry:

_________________
"We ran into a buzz saw," - John Fox, Super Bowl XLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:19 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2193
AbsolutNET wrote:
Boston.com News ‏@BostonDotCom 3m
RT @fara1: Police officer near Boston Marathon finish line: 'There are secondary devices that have been found and are unexploded.'


Thank god...

Hopefully maybe they can recover some sort of useful evidence from those.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:31 pm 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10260
Location: Vancouver, WA
jack_patera wrote:
fucking bullshit...are the assholes responisible homegrown or overseas?

So far no one has claimed responsibility. If that continues to be the case, my guess will be a single person nut job. If it was a terrorist group, either domestic or foreign, we'll get a public claim of responsibility at some point soon I'm sure.



"The world today is such a wicked place."

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:39 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13482
Location: King In The North
I hate when things like this happen. Praying for those poor folks.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:42 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:37 am
Posts: 1314
Hopefully the only deaths turn out to be the bombers themselves.

_________________
The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:47 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2457
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
My mountain top in Alaska cannot come soon enough! Thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families :(

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:16 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 2920
Location: Seattle, WA - USA
News I just saw said police have video of a man carrying multiple backpacks to the scene and also a Saudi National is apparently in custody in a hospital. Of course the first suspects in the OKC bombing were Middle Easterns, so maybe too early to say for sure this guy did it.

_________________
"Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:38 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8621
Location: PNW
RT @NBCNews: Officials say that Boston PD are "guarding" a wounded man at a Boston hospital as a "possible suspect" -

The guy must have figured the blast would kill him too?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:46 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22912
Location: Kirkland, WA
AbsolutNET wrote:
The guy must have figured the blast would kill him too?


Or he has seen too many movies, and figured he'd survive an explosion as long as the flames didn't reach him. :229031_shrug:

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:52 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am
Posts: 5585
Location: Not Umatilla, Oregon
So tired of hearing about this shit.

_________________
Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:06 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 2920
Location: Seattle, WA - USA
here is a cameraman filming right as it happens:


_________________
"Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:08 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:01 pm
Posts: 1894
Location: Vancouver, Wa
I'm going to wait for an accurate report to come out but right now it sounds like a terrorist attack which makes me want to cry...I spent 5 years in a fight against terrorist groups and radicals, hoping that attacks against our country would be over. That somehow we made a difference in how these radicals will think about attacking our land.

Perhaps my actions only encouraged radicals to continue fighting or perhaps as a country we took the wrong steps in the war on terror. Either way, I feel strangely responsible for this. Like as a solider & citizen who's job was to protect this country, we didn't do a good enough job. This is so sad. As a man who's been around bombs who's purpose is to kill innocents, with no real target, I feel for those in Boston today. No person should have to go through such a hateful, crime against its fellow man, to feel that fear.

I hope we continue to come together as a country and look at what the next best steps are to keep our countrymen and women safe from acts like this.

Scouts Out

_________________
I got passion for my Hawks and I ain't afraid to show it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:11 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8621
Location: PNW
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 6m
RT @nbcnightlynews: BREAKING: Boston Police Commissioner says there are no suspects in custody

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:18 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm
Posts: 6190
It seems like a terrorist would have used larger explosives. Horrible tragedy today. A lot of sick people in the world.

Some some pretty graphic photos. I hope all those injured make it through.

_________________
SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:20 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 2920
Location: Seattle, WA - USA
Yeah who knows, could be a domestic idiot or a foreign idiot. Also, might be a lone wolf like that muslim soldier who shot up the Army base on his own, but in the name of the terrorists. Could be a domestic guy, but they usually target government targets, a public marathon doesn't seem to fit, but who knows.

_________________
"Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:22 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
Posts: 1401
Location: Seattle (From Spokane)
Here is a video of the explosions. Might be disturbing for some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 46MuD1pYJg

And I apologize if this is the same video that MLO posted. For some reason the embedded videos won't display on my device.

_________________
Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:
Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:57 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:37 pm
Posts: 207
Location: ..Location..Location
Recon_Hawk wrote:
I'm going to wait for an accurate report to come out but right now it sounds like a terrorist attack which makes me want to cry...I spent 5 years in a fight against terrorist groups and radicals, hoping that attacks against our country would be over. That somehow we made a difference in how these radicals will think about attacking our land.

Perhaps my actions only encouraged radicals to continue fighting or perhaps as a country we took the wrong steps in the war on terror. Either way, I feel strangely responsible for this. Like as a solider & citizen who's job was to protect this country, we didn't do a good enough job. This is so sad. As a man who's been around bombs who's purpose is to kill innocents, with no real target, I feel for those in Boston today. No person should have to go through such a hateful, crime against its fellow man, to feel that fear.

I hope we continue to come together as a country and look at what the next best steps are to keep our countrymen and women safe from acts like this.

Scouts Out


dont do that yourself man...it's 'cause of cats like you we got freedoms today...perservere my man...stay strong...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:48 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2193
jack_patera wrote:
Recon_Hawk wrote:
I'm going to wait for an accurate report to come out but right now it sounds like a terrorist attack which makes me want to cry...I spent 5 years in a fight against terrorist groups and radicals, hoping that attacks against our country would be over. That somehow we made a difference in how these radicals will think about attacking our land.

Perhaps my actions only encouraged radicals to continue fighting or perhaps as a country we took the wrong steps in the war on terror. Either way, I feel strangely responsible for this. Like as a solider & citizen who's job was to protect this country, we didn't do a good enough job. This is so sad. As a man who's been around bombs who's purpose is to kill innocents, with no real target, I feel for those in Boston today. No person should have to go through such a hateful, crime against its fellow man, to feel that fear.

I hope we continue to come together as a country and look at what the next best steps are to keep our countrymen and women safe from acts like this.

Scouts Out


dont do that yourself man...it's 'cause of cats like you we got freedoms today...perservere my man...stay strong...


Yeah Recon, I agree with Jack on this.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:54 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11210
What kind of warped mind could agree to do something like this to children. Praying for the victims.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:06 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8882
Location: Covington, Washington
This is such a stupid act of cowardice. Internal or external extremist. Hope they find the joker(s) and just punishment is delivered.

Quote:
ABC News has confirmed that one of the dead in Boston is an 8 year old child. Absolutely speechless. Praying without ceasing.

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:15 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:41 pm
Posts: 5698
Mona you may be forgetting the Atlanta Olympic bombings..

To me this feels domestic and it feels like a couple idiots, not one on his own.

Any more word on the library fire? If there are secondary devices that fire could have been meant to bring in police and firemen.

Sad, sad thing to wake up to...

_________________
“If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:46 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 pm
Posts: 2539
Could've been North Korea because its suppose to be the celebration of national kim jung day or something like that. Anyways, they usually do something retarded on this day.

They just threatened South Korea again today and said they would take "Action Immediately" (referring to today).
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/15/us-korea-north-idUSBRE93D0DS20130415

I personally believe it was either a muslim or a american who hates the government and just saw this N.KOrea threat as a scapegoat to get the US to point fingers at N. Korea.


My other guess is that some radical tea party member, No Taxation without representation.
It's Tax Day and we all know God Forbid a Tea Party member has to pay their taxes.


Last edited by Axx on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:47 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am
Posts: 664
Thanks for all you and you and brothers in arms have done for us Recon. Wishing those that made it through with their lives a speedy recovery.

_________________
Image
San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:18 pm 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18022
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Can't help but be aware a running event with more people coming right here in a bit more than 2 weeks. First sunday in May is Bloomsday.

37,000 participants in Boston, probabley closer to 50,000 for us. Perhaps not as many spectators. Told the wife imagine 50,000 runners/walkers boxed in downtown between buildings for the hour prior to the start is a nightmare to even consider.

Its building to building, body to body, down there waiting. If this is from the middle east that's what they want to do...attack our way of life.

Seems to me there would have been way more explosive power if this was from AlQuida. Either way it truly sucks.

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:15 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:31 am
Posts: 466
I was at the marathon today, my brother was one of the runners. I spent all day today- can't believe it was today!- walking up and down the streets there. I met my brother on Boylston street right after he finished. We were sitting down when we heard the explosions booming down the street. Nobody panicked, though, because it sounded like a cannon shot, like maybe it was part of the festivities.

Then we saw police officers running in a bee line down the sidewalk. A moment later, a girl came sprinting down the sidewalk in a panic, pushing people out of her way. That's when we knew something was wrong, but no one had the faintest idea what happened.

We left to find something to eat, heading toward the train station he was going to take home. Sirens filled the air. Obviously something bad had happened, but the news wasn't traveling. I walked into a restaurant in Copley Square to see if they could seat us and the place was jamming, the TVs still showing baseball highlights. That's when I started getting texts from my ex-girlfriend ("Are you okay? I'm watching the news now!") followed by the picture of the bloody sidewalk that was only a few blocks away.

At that point my brother insisted on getting to the train, even as I asked him if it was safe to take a train. We walked past the streets as they were being closed down without any idea about what had happened. The trains out of Copley were still running so he hopped on, and I walked back outside. By that point, there were screaming ambulances everywhere and a helicopter overhead.

I walked out of Copley and toward downtown, grabbing a slice of pizza on the way, and for the first time I saw the footage on TV. My phone was blowing up at this point saying it was confirmed as a terrorist attack, that other explosives had been found, and to stay away from mailboxes and trains. It was surreal, walking through the crowded sidewalks of downtown Boston and eating a slice of pizza like everything was normal, while wondering if the city was under attack and another bomb was about to go off, or if the city was about to get locked down and I'd be stuck there for awhile.

To my relief, my train left without any issue. I wasn't a hero today, sad to say. I didn't run to the hospital to offer to give blood. I was really confused, more than anything else. I went down there today to celebrate my birthday and watch my brother cross the finish line. Hell of a birthday! I'm glad my brother didn't slack off out there today, he crossed the finish line about half an hour before the explosions.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:18 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
TripHawk wrote:
I was at the marathon today, my brother was one of the runners. I spent all day today- can't believe it was today!- walking up and down the streets there. I met my brother on Boylston street right after he finished. We were sitting down when we heard the explosions booming down the street. Nobody panicked, though, because it sounded like a cannon shot, like maybe it was part of the festivities.

Then we saw police officers running in a bee line down the sidewalk. A moment later, a girl came sprinting down the sidewalk in a panic, pushing people out of her way. That's when we knew something was wrong, but no one had the faintest idea what happened.

We left to find something to eat, heading toward the train station he was going to take home. Sirens filled the air. Obviously something bad had happened, but the news wasn't traveling. I walked into a restaurant in Copley Square to see if they could seat us and the place was jamming, the TVs still showing baseball highlights. That's when I started getting texts from my ex-girlfriend ("Are you okay? I'm watching the news now!") followed by the picture of the bloody sidewalk that was only a few blocks away.

At that point my brother insisted on getting to the train, even as I asked him if it was safe to take a train. We walked past the streets as they were being closed down without any idea about what had happened. The trains out of Copley were still running so he hopped on, and I walked back outside. By that point, there were screaming ambulances everywhere and a helicopter overhead.

I walked out of Copley and toward downtown, grabbing a slice of pizza on the way, and for the first time I saw the footage on TV. My phone was blowing up at this point saying it was confirmed as a terrorist attack, that other explosives had been found, and to stay away from mailboxes and trains. It was surreal, walking through the crowded sidewalks of downtown Boston and eating a slice of pizza like everything was normal, while wondering if the city was under attack and another bomb was about to go off, or if the city was about to get locked down and I'd be stuck there for awhile.

To my relief, my train left without any issue. I wasn't a hero today, sad to say. I didn't run to the hospital to offer to give blood. I was really confused, more than anything else. I went down there today to celebrate my birthday and watch my brother cross the finish line. Hell of a birthday! I'm glad my brother didn't slack off out there today, he crossed the finish line about half an hour before the explosions.


Crazy. Glad you and your brother are ok.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:32 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:15 am
Posts: 2311
Firstly my thoughts go out to all those affected by this. Secondly,I am hard pressed to think of a more desperate act of outright cowardice. No room on this planet for these people!

P.S. CNN was just saying that there have been several amputations due to the severity of the damage.

_________________
#NEXTMANUP


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:42 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9878
The individual(s) the committed this heinous act are the worst type of cowards that exist. The minute you TARGET innocent people is the time your "cause" or "organization" or "country" loses any credibility it may have had. I am SO PISSED right now!

All .net members, rather you like my on-line "persona" hate it or are indifferent, do me and your country a small favor, DO NOT let incidents like this make you live in fear. Be sad, be mad, have empathy for the victims and their loved ones, just dont live your lives in fear because of the actions of a very minute number of purely evil people.

Give your family extra long hugs and tell them you love them, and LIVE your lives, that is the best revenge we can have against the evil cowards that committed this heinous crime in Boston.

Peace,
Adam

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:44 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:43 pm
Posts: 3966
Location: Port Townsend, WA
Recon_Hawk wrote:
I'm going to wait for an accurate report to come out but right now it sounds like a terrorist attack which makes me want to cry...I spent 5 years in a fight against terrorist groups and radicals, hoping that attacks against our country would be over. That somehow we made a difference in how these radicals will think about attacking our land.

Perhaps my actions only encouraged radicals to continue fighting or perhaps as a country we took the wrong steps in the war on terror. Either way, I feel strangely responsible for this. Like as a solider & citizen who's job was to protect this country, we didn't do a good enough job. This is so sad. As a man who's been around bombs who's purpose is to kill innocents, with no real target, I feel for those in Boston today. No person should have to go through such a hateful, crime against its fellow man, to feel that fear.

I hope we continue to come together as a country and look at what the next best steps are to keep our countrymen and women safe from acts like this.

Scouts Out


What you did as a serviceman was noble and honorable and your motives good. It's just too bad a corrupt and or clueless government is pulling the strings. You are not at all responsible. You served and gave selflessly; don't let politicians and politics reflect on you and your part.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:34 am 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10260
Location: Vancouver, WA
Sports Hernia wrote:
The individual(s) the committed this heinous act are the worst type of cowards that exist. The minute you TARGET innocent people is the time your "cause" or "organization" or "country" loses any credibility it may have had. I am SO PISSED right now!

All .net members, rather you like my on-line "persona" hate it or are indifferent, do me and your country a small favor, DO NOT let incidents like this make you live in fear. Be sad, be mad, have empathy for the victims and their loved ones, just dont live your lives in fear because of the actions of a very minute number of purely evil people.

Give your family extra long hugs and tell them you love them, and LIVE your lives, that is the best revenge we can have against the evil cowards that committed this heinous crime in Boston.

Peace,
Adam

AWESOME post!!


And Recon, do not let the bastards get you down. It does not fall on your shoulders or any other man or woman that was part of the effort to stop terrorism that this or any other event happened. It falls on the cowards that do this shit and no one else. Without the efforts of you and everyone else that has been part of trying to put a lid on this, it's very likely more incidents of this nature would've occurred.

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:33 am 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21147
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
Damn....My band will be playing at the Rock N Roll marathon in San Diego on the 2nd of June, this is NOT comforting and it is disgusting that violence is so prevalent in this world.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:55 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9878
Largent80 wrote:
Damn....My band will be playing at the Rock N Roll marathon in San Diego on the 2nd of June, this is NOT comforting and it is disgusting that violence is so prevalent in this world.

Rock out with your Hawk out brother, don't let the cowards take that event away from you.

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:53 am 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10260
Location: Vancouver, WA
Largent80 wrote:
Damn....My band will be playing at the Rock N Roll marathon in San Diego on the 2nd of June, this is NOT comforting and it is disgusting that violence is so prevalent in this world.

Will pray for your safety man. Your Hawkas need your positivity this coming season and we need you here.

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 2920
Location: Seattle, WA - USA
Wow, one report says 25-30 people lost limbs... and the bombs were pressure cookers which at this time points to either the Taliban/Al Quaeda or someone who read the terrorist bomb manual on the internet (apparently it teaches bombers how to make them with pressure cookers full of shrapnel).

_________________
"Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:40 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9878
MLOhawks wrote:
Wow, one report says 25-30 people lost limbs... and the bombs were pressure cookers which at this time points to either the Taliban/Al Quaeda or someone who read the terrorist bomb manual on the internet (apparently it teaches bombers how to make them with pressure cookers full of shrapnel).

Sounds like a white guy is the main suspect, more than likely domestic terrorism.

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:45 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:16 pm
Posts: 1794
Location: Lacey, WA
Apparently whoever it was used metal ball bearings in the pressure cookers, which explains the number of lost limbs. Also makes me think that this is someone who knew what they were doing and how to do it well.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:21 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9878
Spounge84 wrote:
Apparently whoever it was used metal ball bearings in the pressure cookers, which explains the number of lost limbs. Also makes me think that this is someone who knew what they were doing and how to do it well.

Actually according to a couple of ex-military bomb experts I heard on the radio over the past few days they said they knew it was a domestic (amateur terrorist) because of the placement of the shrapnel (low). Said from their experience that if it was al-Qaeda or a Taliban type group the shrapnel wold have been placed higher to cause a higher death toll from chest and head carnage, they said the death toll could have been much higher with a different bomb configuration. Real scary shit either way!

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:30 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8621
Location: PNW
http://www.fbi.gov/news/updates-on-inve ... -in-boston

Pictures released by the Feds of a couple guys they are interested in

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:33 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22912
Location: Kirkland, WA
OH MY GOD it's Pehawk!

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:14 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:29 pm
Posts: 243
Location: Clacton On Sea, Britain
My thoughts go out to all those affected by this terrible incident. :(

_________________
I am an American Football Noobie... Please be gentle!! :-)
I'M IN AND I BELIEVE!
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Series of explosions at Boston Marathon near finish line
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:22 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 2920
Location: Seattle, WA - USA
AbsolutNET wrote:
http://www.fbi.gov/news/updates-on-investigation-into-multiple-explosions-in-boston/updates-on-investigation-into-multiple-explosions-in-boston

Pictures released by the Feds of a couple guys they are interested in


If you click on to the picture page, it really makes you realize how unrealistic all those crime shows are where they digitally enhance and clear up the images to make the face clear. I know that you can't, because the pixels simply don't exist, the data isn't there and the computer has to "fill in" the missing data which causes blurry images when blown up.

I bet someone in that crowd has a clear picture of one of these guys and simply doesn't realize it yet.

_________________
"Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.