NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pehawk

Reaction score
And, the new Sac bid includes a clause to entirely walk away from the Hansen negotiations/contract. It requires the Maloofs to do that BEFORE the new Sac group offers up a final offer.

Sounds fishy.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I mentioned this twitter quote earlier, but this thinking by Michael McCann really really bugs that crap out of me:

Michael McCann ‏@McCannSportsLaw 3h
@lildeac2 Hansen might have this, but his closing argument clearly didn't seal the deal. The jury is still deliberating under Judge Stern.
Hide conversation

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Per Chris Daniels: A source with knowledge of the negotiations told KING5 on Wednesday that the Sacramento bid was “non-binding,” did not include a deposit, and did not match the offer from Hansen. The source also told KING 5 that the Sacramento group wants the Maloof family to terminate the deal with Hansen before entering into any binding agreement. The source suggested the Maloofs have rejected that request. The same source said the Sacramento group, led by Golden State Warriors owner Vivek Ranadive, was having trouble coming up with the money to solidify their counter bid, and had asked for more time to close the deal.

Just what I thought, Stern giving the Sac group more time to get the money to get the Kings...........

And comments from Paul Allen:
I think the league announced that there wasn’t going to be a decision at this owners meeting. If there was, I’d be back in New York talking to people, forming my opinion. I think it’s a tough call. While I supported the Sonics staying in Seattle when they ended up leaving, I think in general there’s some feeling that if there’s good fan support and there’s good political support sufficient to have a state of the art facility, that’s more than enough reason to keep a franchise in the same place. Then you can get into all the parameters of who has made the best offer, who hasn’t made the best offer. It’s a very difficult thing. Steve Ballmer is a very good friend of mine and I think he would be a great owner. I reserve my final decision.

And man.......the people at Sonicsrising are up in arms too. Lots of confusion and belief that things are changing in favor of the Kings. So a high earlier today from the news of Sacs bid or lack there of and now to see the complete 180 that has occurred since the meetings ended is quite worrisome to see.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Here's a link to where the paul allen quote came from. Most of it is Blazer related, just that one question about the Kings/Sonics:

I think the league announced that there wasn't going to be a decision at this owners meeting. If there was, I'd be back in New York talking to people, forming my opinion. I think it's a tough call. While I supported the Sonics staying in Seattle when they ended up leaving, I think in general there's some feeling that if there's good fan support and there's good political support sufficient to have a state of the art facility, that's more than enough reason to keep a franchise in the same place.

Then you can get into all the parameters of who has made the best offer, who hasn't made the best offer. It's a very difficult thing. Steve Ballmer is a very good friend of mine and I think he would be a great owner. I reserve my final decision.

http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/4/17/42 ... with-media

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SeatownJay":ecfobzd4 said:
Stern is going to do everything he can to keep Seattle from getting a team.
Appears that way, but money talks and sac don't have enough

CPHawk

Reaction score
I thought the Seattle group had a clause in their agreement with the Maloofs to keep them from negotiating with the Sac group?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Throwdown":2qjozqx7 said:
He votes against us he'll forever be a bitch in my eyes, saving the Seahawks gets anulled
I sure hope Paul Allen does not betray this city

Throwdown

Reaction score
CPHawk":oupn5hqc said:
I thought the Seattle group had a clause in their agreement with the Maloofs to keep them from negotiating with the Sac group?

They do, this is why the sac group is dealing with the nba and bypassing the Maloofs.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Throwdown":aiuwksjq said:
CPHawk":aiuwksjq said:

They do, this is why the sac group is dealing with the nba and bypassing the Maloofs.
Which is an entirely different discussion because the NBA cannot force the Maloofs to sell to the Sac group if the BOG votes down Hansen (which should not even be a possibility but this is Stern's NBA we are talking about)

The fact that Sac has a seat at this table is beyond ridiculous. They have a non binding term sheet that only the city voted on for the arena. They have yet to vote on financing for the arena. They don't have the land for the arena. They submitted a lesser bid than Hansen just TWO days ago AND they have not come up with the same $30 mil downpayment for the Kings. Sac has not invested a cent into acquiring the Kings yet Stern is doing everything possible to screw Seattle again.

Hansen has put in the time and money (95 mil in land and downpayment to the Maloofs). Our MOU is legally bound for 5 years, the arena WILL be built. This has been an aggravating story to follow from a Sonics perspective.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Seattle wouldve had the same shot in 2008 if the state and local government had approved what Ballmer was offering then, they didn't so the team left.

NBA is going to give Sacramento a chance to fight for its team, it'd be awful not to.

But like its been said earlier, if the sac group is asking the Maloofs to tear up the agreement with Hansen, they know they don't have their 8 votes to stop Hansen.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 2m
Pacers Owner Simon on #NBAKings decision timeline: “it’s up to the Commissioner”

Looks like Stern is still the straw that stirs the drink for the owners......smh.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Throwdown":10jolhvf said:
Seattle wouldve had the same shot in 2008 if the state and local government had approved what Ballmer was offering then, they didn't so the team left.

NBA is going to give Sacramento a chance to fight for its team, it'd be awful not to.

But like its been said earlier, if the sac group is asking the Maloofs to tear up the agreement with Hansen, they know they don't have their 8 votes to stop Hansen.
I think I disagree too a point with your first two statements. For the BOG to deny the sale to Hansen they are basically saying that when they want to sell their own teams, they really don't have the right to seek out the highest bidder. By voting down Hansen they are putting future restrictions on themselves when they choose to sell their teams. I understand the difference between what's happening here and a normal sale but honestly the owners would be taking the power of sale out of their own hands and giving it the other owners.

The NBA is going to set the precedent for potential owners to lie and then get a relocation vote a year after owning the team if they vote Hansen down.

But I 100% agree with your last statement. That clause wreaks of weakness on their part. They offer no downpayment yet are trying to make a power play with NOTHING to back them up. I mean the Sac group didn't even bring a knife to a gun a fight.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2j1bytrm said:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 2m
Pacers Owner Simon on #NBAKings decision timeline: “it’s up to the Commissioner”

Looks like Stern is still the straw that stirs the drink for the owners......smh.

Shut up Blitzer, they pay stern he's not doing a damn thing. IMO there's a huge rift between Stern and the Owners and that's why we are where we are.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Peter McLoughlin (Seahawks President) is at the BOG meetings for Allen

Exclusive:peter McLoughlin , Prez of Hawks rep. 4 Paul Alllen at BOG on if Allen would vote no on Hansen: “I don’t see that occurring, no.”

— Jason Puckett (@JasonPuckettKJR) April 18, 2013

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Throwdown":1g4yr9nr said:

Exclusive:peter McLoughlin , Prez of Hawks rep. 4 Paul Alllen at BOG on if Allen would vote no on Hansen: “I don’t see that occurring, no.”

Yep, just saw that. Well there's that, haha I was getting upset for no reason. Sorry Paul for doubting you!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":x0p4j2ib said:
Throwdown":x0p4j2ib said:

Yep, just saw that. Well there's that, haha I was getting upset for no reason. Sorry Paul for doubting you!

Me too, i was on the verge of calling the man a bitch lol

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":5bq687m5 said:
Throwdown":5bq687m5 said:

I think I disagree too a point with your first two statements. For the BOG to deny the sale to Hansen they are basically saying that when they want to sell their own teams, they really don't have the right to seek out the highest bidder. By voting down Hansen they are putting future restrictions on themselves when they choose to sell their teams. I understand the difference between what's happening here and a normal sale but honestly the owners would be taking the power of sale out of their own hands and giving it the other owners.

The NBA is going to set the precedent for potential owners to lie and then get a relocation vote a year after owning the team if they vote Hansen down.

But I 100% agree with your last statement. That clause wreaks of weakness on their part. They offer no downpayment yet are trying to make a power play with NOTHING to back them up. I mean the Sac group didn't even bring a knife to a gun a fight.[/quote]

They have a much more dangerous weapon, and politician as the front man, why he is leading this I have no idea since he has no personal stake other then getting re elected. We seen the bad having politicians involved here, or maybe the lack of involvement and dodgeing the issue, KJ is the extreme opposite but that extreme could damage both sides involved. Again do you trust what a politician says on camera or in a interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.