The search for Brian Bosworth...pretty sad...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Don't know if this was posted..............

The search for Brian Bosworth
    http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2012624...
    Brian Bosworth created a persona and pioneered a new age of slickly marketed superstars. Twenty years after .

I was one of his biggest fans, I still have his 44 blues sunglasses case and all.....wow unreal. :cry: :cry:
    Darrenv17
    NET Rookie

• Link was dead.
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• Darrenv17 wrote:Don't know if this was posted..............

I was one of his biggest fans, I still have his 44 blues sunglasses case and all.....wow unreal. :cry: :cry:

Then only you can find him.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• He was in the Longest Yard? Wow! Didn't catch that.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

• This thread will probably end up over 100 pages. The Times article was chok-filled with mystery and intrigue. Someone really dug deep for this story. I mean...who knew he went to Oklahoma and his career shortened by injury?? I smell a pulitzer.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• It's easy to write articles. Put on sweat pants, ctrl+c, ctrl+v, type name, submit, watch divorce court, eat hot pockets.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• SNDavidson wrote:It's easy to write articles. Put on sweat pants, ctrl+c, ctrl+v, type name, submit, watch divorce court, eat hot pockets.

That would make for a great signature for someone.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• HawkWow wrote:
    Darrenv17 wrote:Don't know if this was posted..............

Then only you can find him.

That made me laugh!
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• I know this might sound ridiculous, but the article actually really really bummed me out.
    Matticus
    NET Rookie

• SNDavidson wrote:It's easy to write articles. Put on sweat pants, ctrl+c, ctrl+v, type name, submit, watch divorce court, eat hot pockets.

Mmmmmm hot pockets :179417:
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• ClumsyLurk wrote:He was in the Longest Yard? Wow! Didn't catch that.

He was one of the prison guards.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• they need to make a movie about this
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• dunceface wrote:they need to make a movie about this

About the Longest Yard? I think it's already been done.
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Spounge84 wrote:
    dunceface wrote:they need to make a movie about this

im gonna look into that
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• i liked Stone Cold, thought he was actually a decent actor.. They need to make a movie about this, though i think no one outside of Seatltle and Oklamhoma would watch it...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Matticus wrote:I know this might sound ridiculous, but the article actually really really bummed me out.

Nope not at all!

Reading about a person's life failures don't make me overly chipper either! :13:
    GO SEAHAWKS!!
    grizrgood
    NET Practice Squad

• I would love to see Boz raise the 12 Flag before a game. I loved him as I was growing up
    FargoHawk
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Say what you want too about the Boz, I would take the story of the Boz over Manti Teo's imaginary girlfriend or Cam Newton's dad trying to get paid.

The Boz wanted to be great, and believed he would be great. I'm sure this probably made him an insufferable douche but most of us won't get the chance to even know what it feels like to even touch fame.

I'm in no way defending him but something we love to do in america is completely take apart a 'star' for their shortcomings and failures to the point where it gets even older than the act you're criticizing them for.

One thing I can say watching the Boz as a kid, say what you want about him - he didn't want to get hurt, he wanted to be great, he wanted to win. He didn't want to be out of the league with an injury as a joke. He may have 'cashed in' but i never got the feeling he wanted to get paid and walk away not giving a crap what anyone thought.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• Wasn't old enough to see him play, however I did see the movie Stone Cold as a child.

Anyways, question. Who would you compare the Boz to today in the NFL as far as playmaking/style goes? jw
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Rookie

• I actually thought Stone Cold was kind of a cool movie. I thought Boz did ok in it. And I agree with the previous posters... He didn't want to suck... He wanted to be the best LB in the league. He was just damaged goods. He was over-the-top great at Oklahoma. I was so excited when we lucked out over long odds to get him in the supplemental draft at the time. If you ever read the book by Chuck Knox, "Hard Knox", they were jumping up and down like kids when we got him. It was that huge. But then Seattle Sports bad luck took over, and we were once again screwed... By that time we, meaning the overall Seattle sports fanbase, were just getting used to the Seattle curse...

On a related note, I remember how over the top Boz mania was. The most glaring example I remember was a Monday Night Football game against the New York Jets, and the marquee outside the Jets stadium read: TONIGHT: Brian Bosworth and the Seattle Seahawks VS the New York Jets!

Remember that? LAME! (though I thought it was pretty cool at the time) lol....

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• dunceface wrote:they need to make a movie about this

Probably a better fit for one of those 30 for 30 ESPN shows. Might look a lot like the Marcus Dupree one.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Starter

• I'd watch it. I liked him growing up. Didn't get to see much being in California. I didn't have his glasses, but I had the haircut.
    Claden
    NET Rookie

• BlueThunder pretty much nailed it. Boz was a real football player. It sucked that his body didn't hold up to the NFL.
    To me, Boz's signature play as a Seahawk was the game against the Bears, where he not only blew up the running play, he tackled the RB, stripped the ball, and took it the other way for a TD. Boz was named the NFC defensive player of the week for that game. (or was it NFL Defensive Player of the Week.. someone correct that if I'm wrong)
    That play is the first one on the "Bust" video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE59RG7TGZo

Richard Sherman has a lot of Boz in his game. And I don't mean just the game on the field. Both very smart men who know how to work the media. Sherman's learning through OJT at the NFL level, where Boz got the working-the-media education as a huge college star, but Sherm is a fast learner. Sherman's body appears to be holding up much better too, so he'll be around to back up his talk, which unfortunately, Boz was not able to do.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• IIRC, even though it was a loss, was Boz all over the field and had a big day based on # of tackles in the Wildcard loss in Houston?
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Starter

• ClumsyLurk wrote:He was in the Longest Yard? Wow! Didn't catch that.

He was in the remake. As a prison guard.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Hawk-A-Loogie wrote:Wasn't old enough to see him play, however I did see the movie Stone Cold as a child.

Anyways, question. Who would you compare the Boz to today in the NFL as far as playmaking/style goes? jw

Imagine Aaron Curry, but with instincts, timing and football smarts.

He had speed, strength and attitude(like Sherman). But was also really talented.

I remember watching him when his shoulders were completely failing him, he couldn't lift his arms past a certain point, which prevented him from wrapping up his tackles, so he was almost just bulldozing the ball carriers, running through them. Still made some plays like that.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• Boz was one of my favorites and I still wear his jersey. I don't understand why so many cringe or make fun when his name is spoken? He was a beast on the field before the "Beast"
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• I don't get it. He's gone AWOL?
    Omahawk
    NET Veteran

• Never liked Boz, never rooted for him, never cared for him

Overhyped player that got rightfully ruined by Bo Jackson
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Shaz wrote:Overhyped player that got rightfully ruined by Bo Jackson

Sorry Shaz, you're wrong on this one. Talk about over-hype, that play was over-hyped.

It was a pretty typical tackle, both players fell into the endzone at an angle. Bo didn't run directly over him. Watch the play again, Bo actually hit the ground first.

Even from the article, Wyman,
    Just one problem with that retelling.

"It wasn't that bad," Wyman said. "He didn't get his helmet across Bo. This was kind of a sideways-he-lost-the-stalemate battle. He got a lot of heat for that."
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• Spounge84 wrote:
    dunceface wrote:they need to make a movie about this

Twice.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• Claden wrote:I'd watch it. I liked him growing up. Didn't get to see much being in California. I didn't have his glasses, but I had the haircut.

Hahaha I gave myself the lines in my head on one side with my dad's electeic razor before he caught me! I was like 4 or 5 :179422:

And it would be a perfect 30 for 30
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information