NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":bnm9an7o said:
There's no embarressment with the Maloofs, they literally are the definition of "no shame in my game".

Lol I don't get you, Blitzer, were you hurt as a child and just expect disappointment out of everything? I bet you're a riot to watch sports with.

Pretty much :th2thumbs: . And I can't really watch sports with others as I get way to emotionally involved, but when I do.......yeah others enjoy my freakouts.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Expansion isn't off the table according to the BOG chairman, Peter Holt the owner of the Spurs

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 26s
I asked Stern if Sac group was “willing” to put down a down payment for #NBAKings, after a long pause, he said Yes.

And this is why I hate Stern......giving Sac every single chance.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Seahawksfan425":31yvzvw4 said:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 18m
Stern charitable to say the vote won’t happen for a couple weeks.

I cannot handle this for another couple weeks! God I hate Stern! The longer this is played out the worse off we are at getting the Kings.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Even better.......
Michael McCann ‏@McCannSportsLaw 9m
@lildeac2 Hansen might have this, but his closing argument clearly didn't seal the deal. The jury is still deliberating under Judge Stern.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Reading Sonicrising, most were pretty pumped earlier when the Sac's bid details came out, now it seems as if they think something fishy is going on. I do not like this being drawn out, it spells bad news for us.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
i honestly think that if they let the kings stay there with that offer. even with an expansion it will kill the market in seattle.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Well, people aren't happy because this is getting absurd. Hansen's PSA deserves an up or down vote and not to be delayed over and over to accommodate Sacramento whose first offer wasn't good enough, whose presentation wasn't good enough, whose latest offer wasn't good enough, who has not put any money down, that has just not done enough.

Look at their strategy. They want the Seattle PSA erased so they can negotiate with the Maloofs, that's why matching isn't an issue for them, because they don't want there to be anything to match. Well, that's not happening. I think the odds that Seattle gets the Kings are really high and that most of this is about discussing how to possibly help Sacramento get a new team if they can live up to their promises. The Maloofs aren't taking less money.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
When the vote for the Sonics happened, the timeframe was June 2, so Stern is just saying there's no hurry. April 18 actually would be quite early.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I don't know.......I just don't feel great about how things are playing out for us and H/B/N. I wish I was as confident as others are, but this being dragged out for another 2-3 weeks is not good for us.

pinksheets

Reaction score
The Sacramento group not matching the offer is a death knell. The Maloofs gave them the opportunity to do so and Sacramento is even requesting that the PSA be voided just so they can buy the team at a price that isn't inflated. The owners are not going to force the Maloofs to take less money, Sacramento needed to match. Stern can make whatever push he wants, but clearly even Sac's group knows the deal.

The scenarios in order of likelihood:

1) Seattle gets the Kings
2) Seattle gets the Kings, Sacramento is told they will get an expansion team if they can get their arena completed
3) Sacramento keeps the Kings, Seattle is promised expansion
4) Sacramento keeps the Kings, Seattle gets nothing

We have gotten this far in and Sacramento is still not matching the offer, they never will. The PSA will be approved.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
One thing I have learned during this whole process......deadlines mean nothing.

And secondly, does it not concern you guys a bit that Stern said the the Sac group would be willing to match the 30mil deposit? If they do match that than that changes things dramatically. Plus Mitch Levy, who is pretty well plugged in, is even saying that the ;longer this drags on, the less likely that we will get the NBA back per his twitter account.

pinksheets

Reaction score
He said they would be willing to put down a deposit.

I never heard match or $30 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.