2013 NFC West Predictions

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
2013 NFC West Predictions
Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:54 pm
  • Post you predictions for the NFC west next year, here's mine:
    1. Seahawks 15-1 #1 seed
    2. 49ers 11-5 #5 seed
    3. Rams 10-6 #6 seed
    4. Cardinals 3-13
    I think the NFC west will become the best division in the Nfl with 3 teams in the playoffs, and Seattle as the best team in the league
    seahawks875
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 238
    Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:14 am


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:43 pm
  • That would make for a very entertaining season. I'm rooting for 19-0 though.
    FormerEvil
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 76
    Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:56 pm


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:44 pm
  • I could see:

    Hawks: 14-2
    Niners: 10-6
    Rams: 9-7
    Cards: 5-11
    FormerEvil
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 76
    Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:56 pm


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:15 pm
  • FormerEvil wrote:I could see:

    Hawks: 14-2
    Niners: 10-6
    Rams: 9-7
    Cards: 5-11


    14-2? That just seems unlikely but I like the optimism. I'm sure that post just triggered the Niner trolls that just can't wait to find the lunacy in picking the Hawks to win 14 games and only giving the Niners 10. I would pay money to make it happen though.

    It is far too early to do this, but for the fun of it I will.

    I think the Hawks are going to win the division, this could change based on what happens with the Niners between now and the draft, but as is, I think the Hawks are a game better or a tiebreaker better.

    Hawks 12-4
    Niners 12-4
    Rams 9-7
    Cards 6-10
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5841
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:34 pm
  • Hawks 12-4
    Niners 11-5
    Rams 9-7
    Cards 7-9
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2833
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:05 pm
  • 13-3 Hawks
    12-4 Niners
    9-7 Rams
    6-10 Cards

    I could see the Hawks and Niners swapping. I think it depends on how each of the rookie QBs do in their second year.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2238
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:32 pm
  • 13-3 Hawks #1 seed
    12-4 Rams
    11-5 9ers
    5-11 Cards

    I wanted to give us 14-2, but thought I should be conservative. Yes, the Rams will own the 9ers..book it! :177692:
    User avatar
    lacenterhawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 248
    Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:55 am
    Location: La Center, Washington


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:33 pm
  • TBH I had the Hawks originally at 13-3 but I think there is a legitimate chance this team just gets on a roll and doesn't stop. We have never been this optimistic about one of our teams and I'm just going to go all in. This upcoming season is our best outlook heading into a new year ever. I see the Niners having a 1 to 3 game step back as Kaep deals with teams with better game plans, Gore, Justin Smith get another year older, their secondary is exposed even more and I think the Hawks turn an amazing corner. You can't praise their off season acquisitions enough. Harvin, Avril, Winfield and Bennett to go along with DangeRuss, Beastmode, Miller, Rice, Tate, Robinson, Unger, Okung, The Legion, Irvin, Wagner and hopefully Clemons. That is a sick team! Now if we could just draft another solid LB and grab a quality kicker from somewhere, we have no holes.
    FormerEvil
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 76
    Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:56 pm


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:34 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:13-3 Hawks
    12-4 Niners
    9-7 Rams
    6-10 Cards

    I could see the Hawks and Niners swapping. I think it depends on how each of the rookie QBs do in their second year.



    Kaep wasn't a rookie last year.
    FormerEvil
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 76
    Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:56 pm


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:45 am
  • I think u guys give the cards way too much credit. Those guys are going to be battling it out for the League's shittiest team title with the Jaguars.

    Seahawks 13-3 (Seahawks split series with Niners)
    Niners 12-4
    Rams 7-9
    Cardinals 3-13 (being generous)

    Seahawks look to have a pretty easy Home schedule with the Niners being the only serious team on the list. But on the away schedule, I could see the Falcons, Giants, and Texans being toss ups. Plus I'd give them one or two games for those weeks when they forget to show up and get upset.
    #BurnTheGrayPants
    User avatar
    sa_seahawker
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 40
    Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:40 pm


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:06 am
  • The Outfield wrote:13-3 Hawks
    12-4 Niners
    9-7 Rams
    6-10 Cards

    I could see the Hawks and Niners swapping. I think it depends on how each of the rookie QBs do in their second year.


    This is about how I see it.
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    User avatar
    SE174
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1254
    Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:11 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:08 am
  • sa_seahawker wrote:I think u guys give the cards way too much credit. Those guys are going to be battling it out for the League's shittiest team title with the Jaguars.

    Seahawks 13-3 (Seahawks split series with Niners)
    Niners 12-4
    Rams 7-9
    Cardinals 3-13 (being generous)

    Seahawks look to have a pretty easy Home schedule with the Niners being the only serious team on the list. But on the away schedule, I could see the Falcons, Giants, and Texans being toss ups. Plus I'd give them one or two games for those weeks when they forget to show up and get upset.

    Before they got Carson Palmer I would have agreed with you, but he can really air it out, gets rid of the ball quick, and has a great WR corps. Don't get me wrong, he'll throw a ton of picks too, but he'll move the ball and score plenty of points. I could see anywhere from 5-8 wins for AZ.
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    User avatar
    SE174
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1254
    Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:11 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:32 am
  • Hawks 13-3
    Whiners 11-5
    Lambs 9-7
    Tweetybirds 5-11

    Overall, the NFCW goes 38-26.... damn strong in my prediction of what will go down.

    Last year they were 34-28-2... so my prediction seems reasonable to me given all the changes in the division's personnel and coaching staffs.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

    your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3090
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:37 am
  • The Outfield wrote:13-3 Hawks
    12-4 Niners
    9-7 Rams
    6-10 Cards

    I could see the Hawks and Niners swapping. I think it depends on how each of the rookie QBs do in their second year.


    Kaepernick will be in his 3rd year.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2412
    Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:52 am
  • 13-3 Seahawks (16-3 overall)
    11-5 49ers
    9-7 Rams
    4-12 Cardinals

    We're going to get home field advantage. We'll meet the 49ers in the NFC championship game, and then beat either Denver or New England in the Super Bowl. Rams will just miss out on the playoffs. Cardinals will be a better team than their record indicates, but they go 0-6 in the West.
    NorthwestSportsFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 193
    Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:35 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:53 am
  • Just looking at the schedule and basing it on how they did last year + improvements this year (every NFCW team has improved this offseason)

    Hawks 13-3
    49ers 12-4
    Rams 10-6
    Cards 7-9
    Image
    User avatar
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2732
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:55 am
  • sa_seahawker wrote:I think u guys give the cards way too much credit. Those guys are going to be battling it out for the League's shittiest team title with the Jaguars.


    I disagree, I don't think they will be a great team but their defense is still sound, they have one of the best receivers in the game and are pairing him up wiht a better QB than he's had since Warner retired, and if their O-line plays only marginally better than last year that all adds up to being a slightly below average team.
    Image
    User avatar
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2732
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:11 am
  • with our tough road games it will be hard to repeat the season we had last year.. all three teams in our division will be tough games, even AZ... that being said

    12-4 Seattle
    12-4 SF
    9-7 Rams
    4-12 AZ

    i think we lose 3 on the road and one at home.... i don't see SF losing more than 4, maybe even 3 their schedule is much easier than ours...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4005
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:15 am
  • Hawks = 12-4
    Cards = 9-7
    Niners = 8-8
    Rams = 7-9
    Image
    User avatar
    DericLee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 862
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:17 pm


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:19 am
  • HAWKS 12-4
    ninners 11-5
    l.a./stl 8-8
    stl/ari 4-12

    HAWKS 2 seed, play atl 1 seed in title game...HAWKS win an epic on the road and get to the big show...play unbeatable broncos team in sb...HAWKS win! HAWKS win! HAWKS win!
    User avatar
    jack_patera
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 208
    Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:37 pm
    Location: ..Location..Location


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:23 am
  • In 2005 when the season was about half over, my SB prediction was Denver/Seattle
    Last year when we were getting hot and looked to be a playoff contender, my SB prediction was Denver/Seattle.

    Third time's a charm, right?
    Image
    User avatar
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2732
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:55 am
  • Seattle - 13-3
    St. Louis - 10-6
    San Fran - 7-9
    Arizona - 4-12

    :mrgreen:
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 4904
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:06 am
  • jlwaters1 wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:13-3 Hawks
    12-4 Niners
    9-7 Rams
    6-10 Cards

    I could see the Hawks and Niners swapping. I think it depends on how each of the rookie QBs do in their second year.


    Kaepernick will be in his 3rd year.


    Yes but I'd still call him a rookie last year since he only played for 5 pass attempts the previous year.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2238
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:33 am
  • Hawks 13-3
    49ers 11-5
    Rams 10-6
    Cards 5-11

    I think the 49ers regress a little, but watch out for those Rams,...Fisher is a good coach !
    User avatar
    Hamhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2082
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 2:05 pm
    Location: Kenmore WA


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:39 am
  • Hawknballs wrote:In 2005 when the season was about half over, my SB prediction was Denver/Seattle
    Last year when we were getting hot and looked to be a playoff contender, my SB prediction was Denver/Seattle.

    Third time's a charm, right?


    Well, Denver does have the easiest strength of schedule (based on last year's teams) so I'd say they have a better chance of making it for that reason.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2238
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:07 am
  • Hawks: 14-2 * 1 Seed
    Whiners: 12-4 # 5 Seed
    Lambs: 9-7 (outside bubble looking in)
    Turds: 4-12

    TIME TO TAKE BACK WHAT'S RIGHTFULLY OURS!!! GO HAWKS
    "We’re gonna reach down, grab grass, and go hat on hat.” - Chuck Knox
    User avatar
    StenoHawk
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 19
    Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:10 am
    Location: Long Island, NY


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:12 am
  • Hawks 12-4
    49ers 9-7
    Rams 8-8
    Cards 4-12

    TBH, I have a feeling that either the Hawks or the 49ers are going below 10 wins. I know the 49ers are a power house, some of the analysts have them as the #1 team. It just feels like one of us isn't making it to 10 this year.
    vant
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 81
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:40 pm


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:49 am
  • Seattle Seahawks 16-0
    Arizona Cardinals 11-5
    San Fran 10-6
    St Louis Rams 8-8

    I am sick and tired of this 14-2, 13-3 garbage.

    You people are too negative, just as you were about Russell Wilson before last season.

    Open your friggin eyes. This is a great team that will dominate.

    This season will be the biggest thing to hit Seattle since the '79 Supersonics - bigger than the 2001 Mariners, because this team will go all the way as the most dominant NFL team ever.

    You people make me sick. I don't even want to be around people who aren't capable of seeing how good the Seahawks are. You are buzz-kills. You are not true Seahawk fans. You should not be allowed to wear #12. You shouldn't be allowed to step foot in Century Link.

    This is the Russell Wilson argument all over again. It should be obvious how good this team is. Get your acts together, or get out. We don't want you jumping on our bandwagon after it becomes clear how dominant they are.

    You make me sick.

    .
    User avatar
    bobk3333
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 57
    Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:25 pm


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:52 am
  • Seahawks 14-2
    49ers 10-6
    Rams 7-9
    Cardinals 6-10
    Image
    User avatar
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1877
    Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:27 pm
    Location: Bay Area, CA


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:43 pm
  • After that last post, I want to say 8-8 just to give bobk3333 a stroke.

    Hawks 12-4. Until we get more consistent on the road, I can't go 14-2 or 13-3 which is what my gut feeling says.
    Niners 11-5. We might split with them. The Rams for sure will split with them. That's 2-3 losses right there.
    Rams 9-7. The talent is there, and with another year in the system, Fisher will have them ready. They aren't intimidated by a tough division.
    Cards. 6-10. Palmer will be good for a few more wins, but they better shore up that OL in the draft as Carson isn't that mobile.

    I have us going 8-0 at home. As a division, we could see both Wildcard berths. It would be tough as the first tiebreak is divisional record, but if we beat up everyone else outside of the division it's possible. I think it would be ironic....just a few years ago, we were the first divison to send it's divisional champion to the playoffs with a 7-9 record, and now we could be the first division to have 3 teams go to the playoffs.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3637
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:57 pm
  • You're a buzz-kill if you think your football team will go 13-3 and clinch the #1 seed and feel like your estimate is being conservative?

    Okay then.
    Image
    User avatar
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2732
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:11 pm
  • bobk3333 wrote:Seattle Seahawks 16-0
    Arizona Cardinals 11-5
    San Fran 10-6
    St Louis Rams 8-8

    I am sick and tired of this 14-2, 13-3 garbage.

    You people are too negative, just as you were about Russell Wilson before last season.

    Open your friggin eyes. This is a great team that will dominate.

    This season will be the biggest thing to hit Seattle since the '79 Supersonics - bigger than the 2001 Mariners, because this team will go all the way as the most dominant NFL team ever.

    You people make me sick. I don't even want to be around people who aren't capable of seeing how good the Seahawks are. You are buzz-kills. You are not true Seahawk fans. You should not be allowed to wear #12. You shouldn't be allowed to step foot in Century Link.

    This is the Russell Wilson argument all over again. It should be obvious how good this team is. Get your acts together, or get out. We don't want you jumping on our bandwagon after it becomes clear how dominant they are.

    You make me sick.

    .


    gotta admire the gusto...
    User avatar
    jack_patera
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 208
    Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:37 pm
    Location: ..Location..Location


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:44 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:
    just a few years ago, we were the first divison to send it's divisional champion to the playoffs with a 7-9 record, and now we could be the first division to have 3 teams go to the playoffs.


    That actually has happened at least one other time that I know of. In 2007 the Cowboys, Redskins, and Giants all made the playoffs. I'm not sure but it might have happened one other time aside from that.
    "FIGHT MILK! The first alcoholic, dairy based, protein drink - for bodyguards, by bodyguards." - Mac
    User avatar
    seaNOmercy
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 87
    Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:12 am


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:54 pm
  • bobk3333 wrote:Seattle Seahawks 16-0
    Arizona Cardinals 11-5
    San Fran 10-6
    St Louis Rams 8-8

    I am sick and tired of this 14-2, 13-3 garbage.

    You people are too negative, just as you were about Russell Wilson before last season.

    Open your friggin eyes. This is a great team that will dominate.

    This season will be the biggest thing to hit Seattle since the '79 Supersonics - bigger than the 2001 Mariners, because this team will go all the way as the most dominant NFL team ever.

    You people make me sick. I don't even want to be around people who aren't capable of seeing how good the Seahawks are. You are buzz-kills. You are not true Seahawk fans. You should not be allowed to wear #12. You shouldn't be allowed to step foot in Century Link.

    This is the Russell Wilson argument all over again. It should be obvious how good this team is. Get your acts together, or get out. We don't want you jumping on our bandwagon after it becomes clear how dominant they are.

    You make me sick.

    .

    nice second post..you came out firing with both barrels.... hope you're right....
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4005
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:08 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:Seattle - 13-3
    St. Louis - 10-6
    San Fran - 7-9
    Arizona - 4-12

    :mrgreen:

    I want to answer this thread seriously but posts like this make it hard to not just start talking trash.

    7-9? That's just dumb.

    On to seriousness, I DO think the 49ers will win the division again, but I believe it will probably be the same effect as last season; either at/or tied with Seattle record-wise. Some of these 14(+) win predictions are.... well...

    Anywho:
    49ers 12-4
    Seattle 12-4 or 11-5
    St Louis 8-8
    Arizona 6-10

    -Arizona will need another season or so to climb out of their funk.
    -St Louis will play really tough against SF and Seattle but will lose some serious head-scratchers to bottom-feeding teams.
    -Seattle still does not play nearly as well on the road as they do at home
    -SF will likely split with Seattle, UNLESS, the game in Seattle is early in the year, in which case I could see SF taking both games :D

    Seattle has had a great off-season so far, and appear to have improved on paper. The Niners have also had a pretty good off-season, and in every position but 1 have improved; if they draft a top-flight safety, I'd feel confident saying that the loss of Goldson would be less crucial.
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    User avatar
    60niners
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 219
    Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:22 pm


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:34 pm
  • I think the Rams will surpass the Niners this year.

    The Seahawks will expand on dominating the last 8 games last year. I honestly can't predict a single loss though if i had to bet on 1 it would be at St. Louis.

    I don't feel like the 9ers offense scares anyone and the Rams pass rush is the difference between those 2 teams. I also think the worst QB in the division plays for the 9er's.

    Seatte 14-2
    Rams 11-5
    9er's 10-6
    Cards 8-8
    "I don't know why anyone thinks the NFL is going to start the season with a rematch of one of the most lopsided Super Bowls of all-time.

    They want a competitive game, not an ass-pounding." --- Broncos Fan
    User avatar
    smashmouth59
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 1015
    Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:54 am
    Location: Olympia


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:36 pm
  • 1: San Fran 12-4 (hard games at home, easy games on the road)
    2: Seattle 10-6 (schedule maker screws us with multi 10 am east coast games and short weeks vs divisional opponents)
    3: Rams 10-6
    4 Arizona 7-9
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

    R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    User avatar
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4681
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:42 pm
  • Seattle 12-4 (5-3 road, 7-1 home)
    San Fran 12-4
    St. Louis 10-6
    Arizona 6-10

    Realistic side of me: This is the NFL, we were very lucky w/ injuries during the regular season last year (and fortunate that browner's suspension spanned 3/4 sub-par teams).

    Homer side of me: This is a smokin' hot team we're looking at in '13. Probably be a couple of close calls but more than a couple of blowouts.

    Personally, I think we should be talking about how many TDs Quinn or Turbin are going to get during garbage time next year as Seattle is clearly not going to let the 49ers win the division again for the foreseeable future. :49ersmall:
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

    You win.
    User avatar
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4138
    Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
    Location: WA


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:25 am
  • Seattle 11-5
    Niners 11-5
    Rams 9-7
    Cards 4-12
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8003
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:55 am
  • 60niners wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:Seattle - 13-3
    St. Louis - 10-6
    San Fran - 7-9
    Arizona - 4-12

    :mrgreen:

    I want to answer this thread seriously but posts like this make it hard to not just start talking trash.

    7-9? That's just dumb.

    On to seriousness, I DO think the 49ers will win the division again, but I believe it will probably be the same effect as last season; either at/or tied with Seattle record-wise. Some of these 14(+) win predictions are.... well...

    Anywho:
    49ers 12-4
    Seattle 12-4 or 11-5
    St Louis 8-8
    Arizona 6-10

    -Arizona will need another season or so to climb out of their funk.
    -St Louis will play really tough against SF and Seattle but will lose some serious head-scratchers to bottom-feeding teams.
    -Seattle still does not play nearly as well on the road as they do at home
    -SF will likely split with Seattle, UNLESS, the game in Seattle is early in the year, in which case I could see SF taking both games :D

    Seattle has had a great off-season so far, and appear to have improved on paper. The Niners have also had a pretty good off-season, and in every position but 1 have improved; if they draft a top-flight safety, I'd feel confident saying that the loss of Goldson would be less crucial.


    Pssh... :177692: You're a 49ers fan, you're clearly biased! :mrgreen:
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2238
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:07 am
  • Seahawks 12-4
    49ers 10-6 (wildcard)
    Rams 8-8
    Cardinals 5-11
    Image

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8083
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
    Location: Right outside Richard Sherman's house


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:40 am
  • bobk3333 wrote:Seattle Seahawks 16-0
    Arizona Cardinals 11-5
    San Fran 10-6
    St Louis Rams 8-8

    I am sick and tired of this 14-2, 13-3 garbage.

    You people are too negative, just as you were about Russell Wilson before last season.

    Open your friggin eyes. This is a great team that will dominate.

    This season will be the biggest thing to hit Seattle since the '79 Supersonics - bigger than the 2001 Mariners, because this team will go all the way as the most dominant NFL team ever.

    You people make me sick. I don't even want to be around people who aren't capable of seeing how good the Seahawks are. You are buzz-kills. You are not true Seahawk fans. You should not be allowed to wear #12. You shouldn't be allowed to step foot in Century Link.

    This is the Russell Wilson argument all over again. It should be obvious how good this team is. Get your acts together, or get out. We don't want you jumping on our bandwagon after it becomes clear how dominant they are.

    You make me sick.

    .



    LMAO! Geeezuz Keeryste! :2:
    GO SEAHAWKS!!
    User avatar
    grizrgood
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 87
    Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:08 am
    Location: Selah, Washington


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:56 am
  • The Outfield wrote:
    60niners wrote:
    Pssh... :177692: You're a 49ers fan, you're clearly biased! :mrgreen:

    Well duh lol :mrgreen:
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    User avatar
    60niners
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 219
    Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:22 pm


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:56 am
  • 60niners wrote:-Seattle still does not play nearly as well on the road as they do at home


    Pssssht, whilst that may be true, look at last season again:

    We won 4 roads games and lost 6
    In the 6 losses we had the lead with less than 2 minutes to go three times, had the ball in the redzone for a potential winning TD (and managed to drops also), and played badly in 2 games (Rams and 49ers), and still lost both by a combined 13 points.

    We're not far off of being a GOOD road team (not just a decent road team, but one that is expected to win wherever they play), and when the additions of Avril and Bennett tackle what was a huge weakness (particularly in the 3 matches we were leading with <2 minutes to go) and a bona fide playmaker, that should come to fruition this year
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2460
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:15 am
  • 60niners wrote:SF will likely split with Seattle, UNLESS, the game in Seattle is early in the year, in which case I could see SF taking both games :D



    There isn't an "UNLESS" that gets the Niners a win in the CLink. It just isn't going to happen. Regardless of when the game is played. :stirthepot:

    I can "see" things too. In fact, I can "see" the Niners opening up at the Clink and being choked out so bad that the Hawks send the Niners into a downward spiral of futility that will make the 2010 losing streak look like a title run. Then, right when the Niners think they are recovering the Hawks will slap them down again to celebrate never again having to play in that dump called the stick.

    :49ersmall:
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5841
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:22 am
  • The Outfield wrote:
    60niners wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:Seattle - 13-3
    St. Louis - 10-6
    San Fran - 7-9
    Arizona - 4-12

    :mrgreen:

    I want to answer this thread seriously but posts like this make it hard to not just start talking trash.

    7-9? That's just dumb.

    On to seriousness, I DO think the 49ers will win the division again, but I believe it will probably be the same effect as last season; either at/or tied with Seattle record-wise. Some of these 14(+) win predictions are.... well...

    Anywho:
    49ers 12-4
    Seattle 12-4 or 11-5
    St Louis 8-8
    Arizona 6-10

    -Arizona will need another season or so to climb out of their funk.
    -St Louis will play really tough against SF and Seattle but will lose some serious head-scratchers to bottom-feeding teams.
    -Seattle still does not play nearly as well on the road as they do at home
    -SF will likely split with Seattle, UNLESS, the game in Seattle is early in the year, in which case I could see SF taking both games :D

    Seattle has had a great off-season so far, and appear to have improved on paper. The Niners have also had a pretty good off-season, and in every position but 1 have improved; if they draft a top-flight safety, I'd feel confident saying that the loss of Goldson would be less crucial.


    Pssh... :177692: You're a 49ers fan, you're clearly biased! :mrgreen:

    AND... you've borderline broken a forum rule. Attack the post, not the poster. You sort of did both. To me, comes across that you've called someone dumb.
    Others have scoffed at such suggestions when they have superiority complexes like your team and your fanbase does. Just an overall opinion (shared by many and from multiple teams), not a singular, personal attack. ;) I could honestly see a 49ers fade because other teams will have a recipe for how to beat the Niners + will bring everything they've got Any Given Sunday to beat a team who was in the Super Bowl. On the other hand, no team blew out the Seahawks last year and isn't prone to getting blasted occasionally like the Niners. Something is going on there to have that happen and teams will be looking to capitalize on those weaknesses. The Rams are well coached and have talent. The 49ers couldn't beat them last year. I'm not one for predictions... but, I will not be surprised to see the 49ers finish 3rd in the division. CK is a running QB who can throw. I think he's going to get figured out. Russell Wilson is a QB who can scramble. There's a difference and, thus, RW is the superior QB... by far. Once this happens, KC starts looking like geniuses in that trade and the rest of the league has their way with SF. It's not uncommon that a QB is found out to merely be the flavor of the month. Again, I'm not predicting it. I just think there are enough Questions regarding the chemistry of SF going into a new season that it's not absurd to suggest the Rams could overtake them for 2nd place. I think you, 60Niners, might consider an apology to one Hasselbeck.

    There you go.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 925
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:36 am
  • Seahawks 12-4
    49ers 11-5
    Rams 8-8
    Cardinals 6-10
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7461
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:18 am
  • TeamoftheCentury wrote:AND... you've borderline broken a forum rule. Attack the post, not the poster. You sort of did both. To me, comes across that you've called someone dumb.
    Others have scoffed at such suggestions when they have superiority complexes like your team and your fanbase does. Just an overall opinion (shared by many and from multiple teams), not a singular, personal attack. ;) I could honestly see a 49ers fade because other teams will have a recipe for how to beat the Niners + will bring everything they've got Any Given Sunday to beat a team who was in the Super Bowl. On the other hand, no team blew out the Seahawks last year and isn't prone to getting blasted occasionally like the Niners. Something is going on there to have that happen and teams will be looking to capitalize on those weaknesses. The Rams are well coached and have talent. The 49ers couldn't beat them last year. I'm not one for predictions... but, I will not be surprised to see the 49ers finish 3rd in the division. CK is a running QB who can throw. I think he's going to get figured out. Russell Wilson is a QB who can scramble. There's a difference and, thus, RW is the superior QB... by far. Once this happens, KC starts looking like geniuses in that trade and the rest of the league has their way with SF. It's not uncommon that a QB is found out to merely be the flavor of the month. Again, I'm not predicting it. I just think there are enough Questions regarding the chemistry of SF going into a new season that it's not absurd to suggest the Rams could overtake them for 2nd place. I think you, 60Niners, might consider an apology to one Hasselbeck.

    There you go.

    I believe I did attack the post. I didn't say "you're dumb", I said the idea that the 49ers would finish 7-9 was dumb to me.

    I could see a 49ers fade also, just as much as I can see a Seattle fade. Personally I think the Niners were better in 2011 than they were in 2012. Surprised everyone in 2011, played with hunger and fire and then more often than I care to remember played very flat in 2012. For your sake, hope the Seahawks don't do the same thing (and don't say that it's impossible).

    There's no recipe for beating the 49ers as much as there is a recipe for beating any team. The entire league has had 10 years of film on the Patriots and that hasn't worked yet. When the team is good at what they do, it's the other team's job to be better at stopping it. Hopefully the 49ers are better at doing what they do this year than the other team who is trying to stop it. I don't think they're trying to deceive anyone with their scheme.

    Lastly, personally I think CK is a pocket passer who also happens to be sensational at running. If he couldn't run at all, he'd still be a great passer. He's got a strong arm and great touch when he needs it. I'm not really sure what questions you were referring to regarding the 49ers going into this season?? The only question I have as a fan who follows them very closely is at the safety position.

    loafoftatupu wrote:There isn't an "UNLESS" that gets the Niners a win in the CLink. It just isn't going to happen. Regardless of when the game is played. :stirthepot:


    You have to understand that as I write this post from my biased standpoint, I still view the 49ers as the better team. So it's not illogical to me that they can beat the Seahawks in Seattle.

    They've won there in 2006 and 2008 when they were much worse teams...
    And of course they won there in 2011 when Seattle was on an upswing.
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    User avatar
    60niners
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 219
    Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:22 pm


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:21 pm
  • 60niners wrote:
    There's no recipe for beating the 49ers as much as there is a recipe for beating any team.



    Wrong.

    Physical defense and balanced offense.

    Worked for the Giants, Vikings, Rams, Seahawks and I don't need to remind you of the Ravens.

    Niners thrash teams that are one dimensional, which is a large portion of the league. Pats, Packers, Saints, Lions, Bears. Pound on the Jets, Bills, Cards and such, but even the Dolphins at the Stick, kind of gave the Niners a game with that method of attack.

    The opponent doesn't have to be exceptional with their offense, just "good" enough in both aspects to force the Niners into playing straight up defense. If you are a pass-happy team, the Niners will kill your QB, if you are a power run team, the Niners will stuff the middle and contain on the edge, but if you can have something resembling success in both? Now you are working that defense and keeping that offense on the sidelines. When they come out out of rhythm against your physical defense, you can be disruptive and create problems for the Niners.

    Its no secret, it works against most teams, but if the Niners are going to lose, that is how.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5841
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:25 pm
  • 60Niners:

    for every ridiculous prediction post you find on here, you'll find 10 on your sites...

    As far as we're still a bad road team... unless you have an actual working crystal ball or something, how do you possibly know what type of team we'll be on the road next season... spectulation? hopeful thinking? or are you just going off history ?

    Where we've improved (not on paper) but actual real life, with the signing of Harvin, Winfield, and the D Line we have strengthend an already strong team, whether that pans out throughout the season , time will tell.. injuries/off field problems happen unfortunately.

    niners have also made some moves , however you have yet to strengthen the weakest part of your team, your secondary, which has actually gotten worse in the off season.. we've kept our team intact for the most part and improved our recieving core (dramatically), where you've weakend your defensive backfield... i would say Seattle has the advantage at this point... and i don't see you bringing in a hot shot rookie from the draft to take over at safety and have any real impact in his first year?

    how will the niners over come these disadvantages?
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4005
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Next


It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:03 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information