Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:29 am 
NET Veteran

They could supplement programming with Bobby Ayala career highlights.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:24 pm 
NET Veteran

chris98251 wrote:
They could supplement programming with Bobby Ayala career highlights.

Maybe Ayala could be in studio to provide commentary, "I really like how I hung this slider over the plate here..."

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:37 pm 
NET Veteran

NBA confirmed that there will be no vote this week on the relocation of the Kings. There might still be a vote on the sale.

.........................................................................................................................

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:56 pm 
* NET Baller *

Relocation and sale go hand in hand right now, that's why the two committees were joined up. An approved sale to Hansen would mean relocation to Seattle. I don't expect anything this week no more. This whole thing is stupid right now.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:33 pm 
* NET Baller *

Sounds like this is standard, they have to vote 7 days after recommendations are made, I think those happen tomorrow?

Nothing to worry about people's, Blitzer stop rocking back n forth, and pink hand me some more of those downers.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:58 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*

You guys want some coffee?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:02 pm 
* NET Baller *

SacHawk2.0 wrote:
You guys want some coffee?

Guh-Ross!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:16 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Ah I hate David Stern!!!! This "delay" just makes me feel like they are giving KJ and his crew every chance to win this thing. I am so pissed right now.........

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:23 pm 
* NET Baller *

Did you not read what I just said? How is that helping Sacramento out?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:25 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Throwdown wrote:

Clearly I did not............, but still why did no one covering this story notice this till now?

Either way....I am stilled pissed and upset, I just want this over and want my Sonics!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:26 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*

Throwdown wrote:
SacHawk2.0 wrote:
You guys want some balls in your face?

Yum!

I knew it.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:32 pm 
* NET Baller *

Pause pause pause pause!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:34 pm 
* NET Baller *

Blitzer88 wrote:
Throwdown wrote:

Clearly I did not............, but still why did no one covering this story notice this till now?

Either way....I am stilled pissed and upset, I just want this over and want my Sonics!

Lol I don't think anyone thought about it until McGinn said that Stern told him it wasn't happening this week, then everyone scrambles to find out why.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:25 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Asked if the Sacramento bid will match the increased offer Seattle’s Chris Hansen announced Friday night, Johnson said "I don’t think that was our focus." “The last ditch effort by the Chris Hansen group, he has his prerogative to do that. We felt we made good on what we said we are going to do. I think the NBA and the Maloofs are comfortable with that.”

KJ said this during his presser today.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:28 pm 
* NET Baller *

Soooo he didn't say something while saying absolutely nothing? Lol KJ is theeeee worst

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:44 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

No he did. He said we have no intentions of even coming close to matching. We are selling a wish and a dream and hope they buy it.

Looking at the playoff seeding (especially eastern conference) if expansion is our only hope I'm disappointed.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:58 pm 
NET Veteran

I think the things they'll be considering from here on out are: just approving the Seattle deal or figuring out which side gets expansion (I'd guess Sacramento, as it's a down the line conditional promise rather than the straight up signed, sealed, delivered promise it'd have to be for Seattle.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:33 pm 
NET Veteran

Man, I don't want to wait 1-2 more years for an expansion. It would definitely be better than nothing, but I am tired of waiting.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:56 pm 
* NET Baller *

The Outfield wrote:
Man, I don't want to wait 1-2 more years for an expansion. It would definitely be better than nothing, but I am tired of waiting.

I'm gonna be pisstified if we gotta wait for expansion.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:06 pm 
NET Veteran

Throwdown wrote:
The Outfield wrote:

I'm gonna be pisstified if we gotta wait for expansion.

If they follow that up with "but here come the Coyotes next season!" I can deal.

I really don't think it makes sense to promise expansion to Seattle and let the Sacramento be without anything binding from that city or ownership group as of yet, from a business perspective. Sac will have no incentive to move briskly if their last real threat of relocation is gone.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:17 pm 
* NET Sage *

Interesting comments today by Calabro over on 710 ESPN today. For those who might have missed it, he said he believes expansion is an option here. He could envision a scenario where Seattle gets the Kings and Sacramento gets the promise of an expansion team in 2 years (if they get their ducks all in a row) ... BUT he believes it's also quite possible the Kings stay in Sacramento and Seattle gets the promise of an expansion franchise within 2 years. Here is the link so you can listen for yourself ...

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_player_sports/?a=9954950&p=1013&n=Afternoons%20with%20the%20Go%202%20Guy

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:52 pm 
* NET Moderator *

It will be interesting to see where Paul Allen votes on this.

As the Blazers owner and the Seahawks owner it seems like it would make smart business sense to keep another franchise out of the northwest so he wouldnt have to fight for the sports fans dollar, or for the sponsorship money. But then as a Seattle native, obviously he would probably want an NBA team there. Is my recollection correct that he and Cuban were the only 2 that voted against Seattle leaving? Will he show the same loyalty to the fans of Sacramento as he did to the fans of Seattle? Or loyalty to his city, even though it will be in direct competition against two of his ownership entitites?

My gut is that he'll vote to move the Kings to Seattle. But it will be interesting to see.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:01 pm 
NET Veteran

Yes, Allen voted against the Sonics relocation. I agree, should be interesting. My bets are that he'd still vote for moving the Kings to Seattle.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:19 pm 
* NET Baller *

Allen would be a fool to vote against Seattle getting the kings, the Seattle market won't accept the Blazers into their homes.

But he, through the Seahawks organization already showed support for Chris Hansen's efforts on the arena side, so I think we can count on Allen to vote for the right side and move the kings here.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:42 pm 
* NET Baller *

Sac's bid is in...

Quote:
But as a committee of NBA team owners met here today to sort out the tug-of-war between the two cities, a source close to the situation described Sacramento's bid as a "non-binding term sheet."

Niiiiiiiiice :th2thumbs:

Quote:
This source, who wasn't authorized to speak publicly, said Sacramento's bid would require the Maloof family, which controls the team, to terminate its deal with Seattle investor Chris Hansen even before the Sacramento group negotiates a final, binding offer. Under such a scenario, the NBA Board of Governors wouldn't even vote on the Hansen deal. The source added that, unlike Hansen, the Sacramento group's offer doesn't include a deposit.

Nice little touch one screwing yourself over already with the non-binding, then you ask the Maloofs to drop their leverage? How did these clowns become wealthy???

I hope the Kings players are looking for apartments in Seattle, this thing is OVER!

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/04/17/534911 ... #storylink#storylink=cpy

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:57 pm 
* NET Baller *

And now on Chris Daniels twitter, the offer isn't matching, on top of non binding, did they just mail it in? Or were ever serious? There's some 'splaining to be done to the Sacramento fans if this is true. They got bamboozled to the fullest extent of bamboozlement.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:00 pm 
NET Veteran

Boy, the press conference yesterday sure seemed like a victory parade, though.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:03 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*

Throwdown wrote:
And now on Chris Daniels twitter, the offer isn't matching, on top of non binding, did they just mail it in? Or were ever serious? There's some 'splaining to be done to the Sacramento fans if this is true. They got bamboozled to the fullest extent of bamboozlement.

Honestly Throw, it's really not surprising. An exNBA player that's mayor needs to at least "try" to keep the team in town...sigh...

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:09 pm 
* NET Baller *

I feel bad if its true that he was putting on a show based off trying to further his public service aspirations. That's not fair to the people that put him in that position.

But these are just sources, so we won't really know til we truly know.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 34.8 KiB | Viewed 550 times ]

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:36 pm 
NET Veteran

JSeahawks wrote:
It will be interesting to see where Paul Allen votes on this.

As the Blazers owner and the Seahawks owner it seems like it would make smart business sense to keep another franchise out of the northwest so he wouldnt have to fight for the sports fans dollar, or for the sponsorship money. But then as a Seattle native, obviously he would probably want an NBA team there. Is my recollection correct that he and Cuban were the only 2 that voted against Seattle leaving? Will he show the same loyalty to the fans of Sacramento as he did to the fans of Seattle? Or loyalty to his city, even though it will be in direct competition against two of his ownership entitites?

My gut is that he'll vote to move the Kings to Seattle. But it will be interesting to see.

Paul Allen grew up loving the Sonics - he tried to buy them but they were not available at the time - Paul Allen will vote WITH ENTHUSIASM to move the Kings to Seattle.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:37 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

I'm confused, but I'll layout one potential reason for Sac's offer: Could they know that they have 8 votes to hold up the Seattle sale and by asking the Maloofs to back out before the vote they, Maloofs, could still get a decent amount of dough when they could get nothing when/if they the BOG denies the Seattle sale. I want to positive and happy, but until that vote happens and we have our Sonics back, thoughts like this will continue to run through my head.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:41 pm 
NET Veteran

THe NBA has only voted no on a team sale once in their history, and that was because the money was hinkey - these guys are team owners who want to be able to sell their teams and make money.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:44 pm 
* NET Baller *

Blitzer88 wrote:
I'm confused, but I'll layout one potential reason for Sac's offer: Could they know that they have 8 votes to hold up the Seattle sale and by asking the Maloofs to back out before the vote they, Maloofs, could still get a decent amount of dough when they could get nothing when/if they the BOG denies the Seattle sale. I want to positive and happy, but until that vote happens and we have our Sonics back, thoughts like this will continue to run through my head.

If they knew they had 8 votes, then why ask for the Maloofs to drop the deal with Hansen?

They have the back up offer there if he's denied.

They don't have 8 votes and they weren't serious to begin with is how I'm seeing it.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:48 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Throwdown wrote:
Blitzer88 wrote:

If they knew they had 8 votes, then why ask for the Maloofs to drop the deal with Hansen?

So they wouldn't have to go through the process or save them from embarrassment? :229031_shrug:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:54 pm 
* NET Baller *

There's no embarressment with the Maloofs, they literally are the definition of "no shame in my game".

Lol I don't get you, Blitzer, were you hurt as a child and just expect disappointment out of everything? I bet you're a riot to watch sports with.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:03 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Throwdown wrote:
There's no embarressment with the Maloofs, they literally are the definition of "no shame in my game".

Lol I don't get you, Blitzer, were you hurt as a child and just expect disappointment out of everything? I bet you're a riot to watch sports with.

Pretty much :th2thumbs: . And I can't really watch sports with others as I get way to emotionally involved, but when I do.......yeah others enjoy my freakouts.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:03 pm 
* NET Baller *

Expansion isn't off the table according to the BOG chairman, Peter Holt the owner of the Spurs

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:15 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 26s
I asked Stern if Sac group was “willing” to put down a down payment for #NBAKings, after a long pause, he said Yes.

And this is why I hate Stern......giving Sac every single chance.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:21 pm 
NET Veteran

Quote:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 18m
Stern charitable to say the vote won’t happen for a couple weeks.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:30 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Seahawksfan425 wrote:
Quote:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 18m
Stern charitable to say the vote won’t happen for a couple weeks.

I cannot handle this for another couple weeks! God I hate Stern! The longer this is played out the worse off we are at getting the Kings.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:36 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Even better.......
Michael McCann ‏@McCannSportsLaw 9m
@lildeac2 Hansen might have this, but his closing argument clearly didn't seal the deal. The jury is still deliberating under Judge Stern.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:06 pm 
* NET Baller *

#chrishasmore

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:17 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Throwdown wrote:
#chrishasmore

A hash-tag doesn't make me feel any better at this moment.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:17 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

if the nba turns down hansen they are bloody guttless.

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
@TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:22 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Reading Sonicrising, most were pretty pumped earlier when the Sac's bid details came out, now it seems as if they think something fishy is going on. I do not like this being drawn out, it spells bad news for us.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:32 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

i honestly think that if they let the kings stay there with that offer. even with an expansion it will kill the market in seattle.

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
@TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:35 pm 
NET Veteran

Well, people aren't happy because this is getting absurd. Hansen's PSA deserves an up or down vote and not to be delayed over and over to accommodate Sacramento whose first offer wasn't good enough, whose presentation wasn't good enough, whose latest offer wasn't good enough, who has not put any money down, that has just not done enough.

Look at their strategy. They want the Seattle PSA erased so they can negotiate with the Maloofs, that's why matching isn't an issue for them, because they don't want there to be anything to match. Well, that's not happening. I think the odds that Seattle gets the Kings are really high and that most of this is about discussing how to possibly help Sacramento get a new team if they can live up to their promises. The Maloofs aren't taking less money.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:38 pm 
NET Veteran

When the vote for the Sonics happened, the timeframe was June 2, so Stern is just saying there's no hurry. April 18 actually would be quite early.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:41 pm 
* NET Baller *

#trustinpinksheets

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:49 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

I don't know.......I just don't feel great about how things are playing out for us and H/B/N. I wish I was as confident as others are, but this being dragged out for another 2-3 weeks is not good for us.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 67  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]