The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:04 am

• Newish vid I've seen. It's awesome that we have Hulk if the Beast goes down. The article on the front page suggests ligament Lattimore could be had late. Wouldn't be a bad idea in reality. We'll probably add a talented player possibly with some red flags if they check out. 3rd string RB is up for grabs.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Re: #22
Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:20 am
  • Turbin is pretty good. As a 4th rounder we got a nice, tough, quality back on the cheap. The only major thing he's missing is some patients. Sometimes he runs into tackles. If you watch that highlight reel subjectively you can see what I mean. Also, I don't think Lattimore will still be available when we draft in the 3rd. Lattimore is the most talented back in this draft imo. McGahee and Gore weren't considered as good as Lattimore and they had similar injury issues yet they were off the board before we will draft in the 3rd.
    Stoned Cold
    NET Rookie

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:33 am
  • I fully expected this thread to be about Dave Brown, who was almost as good as Richard Sherman.

I really like Turbin and what he brings. His quickness when he gets the edge hasn't shown up yet for us, but it will soon and a lot of people's heads will turn. As for third string, I think that Lattimore is not the type of "scat" back that I believe we will be looking for.
    FIRE CABLE! 7 Home Games 12 False Starts By Linemen Lack Of Discipline
    BASF
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:24 am
  • I think had Lynch gone down last year, Turbin would have stepped in and done well. Granted he's a rook and is going to run into a few tackles but I think that vision will come to him as he adjusts to the speed of the NFL. Guy is fast up the hole, and well all know he is strong.
    Rose City Hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:30 am
  • Good find, thanks for that!

Geez, from this video it feels like Turbin averaged at least 10 yards per carry and 10 yards per reception! He does an excellent job of finding the first down marker consistently, too. I'm really high on Turbo so I'm hoping that the older Marshawn gets, the more looks start going Turbo's way to keep the Beast as fresh as possible.

I'm expecting quite a few blowout victories this season. I would love to see a ton of Robert Turbin in garbage time this season.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:54 am
  • I just hope he's been working hard this offseason developing his biceps! Seriously, I'd like to see Kaepernick try to kiss his biceps while standing side by side next to Turbin.

NYCoug - In addition to the high likelihood for blowout victories, I have a feeling that the Seahawks' point differential will rank in the top-5 all time once the regular season ends. I'm that optimistic.
    February 2, 2014: The day Seahawks win their second Lombardi trophy
    (The first one is located back east somewhere.)
    Ruminator
    NET Starter

Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:35 am
  • Turbin is a great player. Infact I'd go so far as to say the best backup we've had since I've been following the team (2003). He's way better than Mo Morris. I love his power and his burst. He really get's going. I can't wait to see him score his first TD (It's amazing he wasn't able to get into the endzone last year).
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:00 am
  • Turbin was a great pickup.

What's funny though is that my mancrush won't allow me to take my eyes off wilson even in someone else's highlight video and it's incredible to see all the little things he does.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:21 am
  • I love how he is always falling forward at the end of his runs. Did a good job of knowing where the first down marker was and getting to it. Not a bad year for the rookie.
    MissoulaHawkFan
    NET Starter

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:39 am
  • Turbin made some great clutch catches last season, he should only get better. Glad he didn't give up the rock at all!
    Beast Mode 05 Sep 12 - "And then with our defense playing the way that they've been playing, we don't even need an offense."
    dbsn2420
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:51 am
  • Turbin has such soft hands. It's beautiful to watch him go up and catch a football.

He was also getting ankle-tackled quite a bit in the pre-season and early in the season, but he seemed to correct some of those issues as the year went on.

I really like him as our RB2 and maybe eventual RB1.

EDIT: Also, watching the highlights of the second Arizona game in general is amazing. I can't remember ever seeing running backs not get even touched until once they were seven or eight yards past the line of scrimmage on pretty much every running play of the game. The ball would be snapped and our tackles would blow their D-Linemen about five yards back immediately.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:12 am
  • I think as Turbin keeps learning the way Lynch runs with wide feet, he will be able to break some tackles with that huge arms of his. I've noticed in the beinning Turbin within the fist contact would almost stumble or trip up, by the Playoffs and with that last run on the vid, he did a nice cut and broke several tackles with that wide base that Lynch does, Turbin is also fast, going to be fun watching him in the future.
    hai
    NET Starter

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:13 am
  • That was beastly, Turbin is a legit 3 down back. I don't think we need to spend another pick 2-4 round on a RB, unless someone like Michael is there in the 4th.
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:17 am
  • He had a pretty nice year. I wish he had gotten in the end zone. What I REALLY wish is that he had caught that would-be TD going down the sideline in San Fran

Oh well. I don't think he is really that close to being on Lynch's level, but he is a fine backup. He could likely put up high quality stats playing full time on this offense.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:25 am
  • when we first got him I didnt realize how fast he was but he knows how to turn it up during game time.

That last play against the Falcons was really big
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:34 am
  • I might be the only one, but dude looks like Emmitt Smith in some of those highlights.

I remember wanting Chris Polk, last year, but I'm glad the Seahawks picked up Turbin.
    TURN DOWN FOR WHAT? -The 12th Man
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:11 am
  • I think we're sitting on a gold Mine having Turbin. He just seems explosive, patient, and a playmaker. I really feel like he's going to stun alot of people when it's finally his turn to take the lead.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:21 am
  • This kind of stuff is why I feel the Seahawks are going to be good for an extended period of time. Carroll plays rookies that perform. With that, comes experience and depth. As veterans age or take big FA contracts, there will be a successor in many spots. Turbin is a player, the guy is going to have some carries and he is already contributing. He does remind me of Emmitt Smith, with a little more of both Power and Speed.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:27 am
  • Pandion Haliaetus wrote:I might be the only one, but dude looks like Emmitt Smith in some of those highlights.

I remember wanting Chris Polk, last year, but I'm glad the Seahawks picked up Turbin.

You're not the only one, I think that about Turbin nearly every time I see him play.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:00 pm
  • Turbin is great for this offense and I expect he will just keep getting better over the next couple years while he gets more opportunities.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:10 pm
  • Dude is FAST! Man he just blows by defenders. Love how Russell recognizes a situation and dumps off the pass in a spit second.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:25 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:Dude is FAST! Man he just blows by defenders. Love how Russell recognizes a situation and dumps off the pass in a spit second.

Agreed, another thing I notice about Turbin is not only is he fast like you mentioned, he has a quick burst as well. Great pick by Schneider and PC.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:42 pm
  • Beast Mode 2.2
    "You can hurry up all you want. But if you can't get yards and can't complete passes, then it's just quick three-and-outs." -- Richard Sherman
    SE174
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:31 pm
  • I forgot how effective he was this year. He catches like Reggie Bush. Physical, fast, desicive. . Great find in the fourth.

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
    95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.
    The Yugoslavian
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm
  • Man, this guy could do some serious damage this season. I sure hope he does!
    DHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:48 pm
  • Sorry...That's a terrible highlight video. I heard exactly zero F-bombs and N-words. If experience has told me anything, it's that every self-respecting highlight video is backed by crappy rap music.
    LargentFan
    NET Starter

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:55 pm
  • I'm a big fan of Robert Turbin. From that highlight reel it is apparent that throughout the season he was an important safety valve, a counter against pressure on Russell. How many hot routes and dump-offs went Turbin's way that he totally delivered on? Many, and that is not to mention the times when he was running the ball right off the snap.

I just hope that adjustments made in the off-season by our opponents won't limit his production or his number being called during blitzes. Dude delivers.
    Dreo
    NET Starter

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:00 pm
  • Pretty good feeling knowing that even if RW and the Beast go down, both their backups could probably win us a majority of our games
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:02 pm
  • Pstark3 wrote:Pretty good feeling knowing that even if RW and the Beast go down, both their backups could probably win us a majority of our games

Really? I don't have that feeling at all. Maybe at RB, but not at QB.

But think there is still a HUGE drop off from 24 to 22. (and thats no knock against Turbin who I really like a lot).
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:09 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Pstark3 wrote:Pretty good feeling knowing that even if RW and the Beast go down, both their backups could probably win us a majority of our games

Really? I don't have that feeling at all. Maybe at RB, but not at QB.

But think there is still a HUGE drop off from 24 to 22. (and thats no knock against Turbin who I really like a lot).

With all the weapons we have on this team I feel Quinn could come in the game simply as a game manager and let the play makers make plays.
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:55 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:Dude is FAST! Man he just blows by defenders. Love how Russell recognizes a situation and dumps off the pass in a spit second.

...and with incredible touch!

I felt Turbin often played the way a rookie back is expected to play (when spelling a legend in the making); Almost apologetic. Especially early in the year. ML would take a seat and RT would come in and basically hold onto the ball.

Though he obviously had the occaisional highlight run, more times than not it looked like he was either a bit too respectful of the tackler or ML, one or the other....but who could blame him? With a year under his belt he has seen that ML is very unselfish and I think he's gonna' run with similar abandon.
    And score!
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:53 pm
  • Turbin gives as much effort as you'll ever see from a RB. I think that's what stands out the most about him. That and how he's really good at falling forward for extra yards.

Watching his highlights though, I think he's more Maurice Morris than Frank Gore. I know we are pretty set at RB for now with Lynch/Turbin, but when Seattle adds a 3rd RB this year I hope they are looking for a bell cow back with great upside, not just some situational player. Turbin's status as a proven starter down the road is far from settled, so it makes sense to add another starter capable prospect and if that means Turbin eventually becomes an awesome #3 RB, so be it.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:17 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information