Reason Antoine W. chose to sign with Seattle?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
at his age, winfield is not suited to play outside CB, so the idea that he's here because he'll get on the field is retarded. If Browner or Sherman goes down it will be Lane, Thurmond, and Maxwell stepping in while winfield remains in the slot.

I don't think it's beyond the realm of sanity to at least consider that there could be future drug issues with browner/sherman; It's up to them now to steer clear of any issues.

but, the idea that winfield came here in hopes of earning some playing time behind players likely to be suspended for drug abuse is idiotic.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Wow, remember when Florio used to be a credible journalist?.........yeah me either.

So basically this article boils down to "Winfield chose Seattle because it currently has two CB's that MIGHT be suspended in the future." As opposed to every other team that has two CB's that won't ever be suspended? Awesome logic there Florio.

BREAKING: Winfield chose Seattle because he wants a ring.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Schadie001":26gkh1kp said:
There is only one reason that Winfield signed with us. He wants to win a ring. His choices were to stay with broken Minn led by Ponder or come to Seattle who was a pash rusher away from going to at least the NFC Championship game with a dynamic rookie QB and a shut down D. Come on, there really was no choice.

Article wasn't worth the seconds I wasted reading it.
This. Thanks for letting me know how much of a waste of time to read the article is also.

JKent82

Reaction score
Man I hate PFT. Where did logic go. That makes so little sense it's unbelievable. If he wanted a starting job he would go somewhere where he would be offered a starting job which is probably no where. He'd have just stayed in Minnesota.

How is this stuff allowed to be printed? Or typed I guess.

Basis4day

Reaction score
JKent82":2kd6iqkl said:
Man I hate PFT. Where did logic go. That makes so little sense it's unbelievable. If he wanted a starting job he would go somewhere where he would be offered a starting job which is probably no where. He'd have just stayed in Minnesota.

It's not a news source. It's a printed rumor reel. Sports equivalent to TMZ

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JKent82":1a3qcsu1 said:

Blame the internet. No longer are there only 20-30 really good sports writers in the country who work for reputable newspapers that make them write quality articles that have to be approved by an editor before being printed for public consumption. Now any idiot can puke up ridiculous opinions on websites or blogs.

In fact, now the Skip Bayless's of the world are ENCOURAGED to say or type insane things, because it brings eyes and clicks to the company they work for.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Florio should stick to lawyering. He knows nothing about football, and is a known Seahawk hater.

hawkfan333

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":h7kilqm4 said:
Interesting perspective this article presents...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... o-seattle/

Ok, I thought this was all behind us? Do any of you folks think there is a real concern over whether a drug test is going to come up dirty again?

I'm putting the Adderall episode behind me and considering it a non-issue moving forward. I'm also confident that Pete & John are too. I mean, are we really thinking we need to protect ourselves against future transgressions by bringing in a "top-shelf" backup CB? Nope, our FO saw an opportunity to grab a sweet acquisition to augment an already killer group.

I'm going to say AW is here because he just wanted to be part of something special, and there is no reason to believe he is thinking he's joining a team of speed junkies that gives him the best chance to eventually start. Who thinks-up this crap?

Thoughts?
stupidest thing ever written
(edit: wrong link...)

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

Basis4day":2ulzlznd said:
JKent82":2ulzlznd said:

It's not a news source. It's a printed rumor reel. Sports equivalent to TMZ

So, since Bleacher Report also linked it, it basically proves your point then?

pehawk

Reaction score
If an identical article had been published about ANY other team, none of you would get this girly. We really are a bunch chattering, sensitive hens as a fanbase.

Good lord.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
pehawk":2ksb86mf said:
If an identicle article had been published about ANY other team, none of you would get this girly. We really are a bunch chattering, sensitive hens as a fanbase.

Good lord.

Normally, I'd agree, but this particular article warrants the hate. Please feel free to point out a single legitimate or logical thought contained in that entire piece...

I would have the same reaction if he wrote the same piece about a QB joining the Steelers because he thought Roethlisberger was likely to committ another assault. I just wouldn't write about it anywhere because I don't care about the Steelers.

KK84

Reaction score
The chances of that douche raping another chick is far greater than a Seattle cb going anywhere near adderall again

KK84

Reaction score
CANHawk":28hkymn3 said:
Sgt. Largent":28hkymn3 said:
BREAKING: Winfield chose Seattle because he wants a ring.

You forgeot the other side of the arguement; He left Minnesota because Minnesota sucks monkey balls.

Minnesota: America's Canada

pehawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2asds4hj said:
pehawk":2asds4hj said:
If an identicle article had been published about ANY other team, none of you would get this girly. We really are a bunch chattering, sensitive hens as a fanbase.

Good lord.

Normally, I'd agree, but this particular article warrants the hate. Please feel free to point out a single legitimate or logical thought contained in that entire piece...

I would have the same reaction if he wrote the same piece about a QB joining the Steelers because he thought Roethlisberger was likely to committ another assault. I just wouldn't write about it anywhere because I don't care about the Steelers.

I dont go to PFT for logical thoughts. I go there for breaking news and tabloid type journalism.

Should we all criticize TMZ using the BBC as a contrast?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
pehawk":3p31k830 said:
DavidSeven":3p31k830 said:
pehawk":3p31k830 said:

Good lord.

I dont go to PFT for logical thoughts. I go there for breaking news and tabloid type journalism.

Should we all criticize TMZ using the BBC as a contrast?

No. But no one's hating on PFT for not being up to the standards of the NYTimes. They wrote something objectively stupid and unsourced, and people are calling them on it.

And people bash TMZ all the time. It's like the new synonym for worthless online publication e.g. "PFT is becoming the TMZ of sports reporting."

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I think the Vmac played into it as well. If you have seen the Vikings facilities compared to the Vmac it's like comparing a single wide to the playboy mansion. There's tons of reasons to vacate the Vikings squad though. Not just for a ring. Pretty much everything about that organization is swirling around the bowl at an ever increasing rate. We were just smart enough to extend a life ring to those worthy.

Sorry your team, FO and facility sucks so bad Florio.

jack_patera

Reaction score
he signed with us for the simple fact to play for a great team with a chance at a ring...for so may years it was the other way around...let that sink in for a minute...seahawks=great team with chance at a ring...please forgive my tears...

Latest posts