2013 NFC West Predictions

Hawknballs

Reaction score
In 2005 when the season was about half over, my SB prediction was Denver/Seattle
Last year when we were getting hot and looked to be a playoff contender, my SB prediction was Denver/Seattle.

Third time's a charm, right?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seattle - 13-3
St. Louis - 10-6
San Fran - 7-9
Arizona - 4-12

:mrgreen:

The Outfield

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1n9h8bff said:
The Outfield":1n9h8bff said:
13-3 Hawks
12-4 Niners
9-7 Rams
6-10 Cards

I could see the Hawks and Niners swapping. I think it depends on how each of the rookie QBs do in their second year.

Kaepernick will be in his 3rd year.

Yes but I'd still call him a rookie last year since he only played for 5 pass attempts the previous year.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
Hawks 13-3
49ers 11-5
Rams 10-6
Cards 5-11

I think the 49ers regress a little, but watch out for those Rams,...Fisher is a good coach !

The Outfield

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1c1iauy1 said:
In 2005 when the season was about half over, my SB prediction was Denver/Seattle
Last year when we were getting hot and looked to be a playoff contender, my SB prediction was Denver/Seattle.

Third time's a charm, right?

Well, Denver does have the easiest strength of schedule (based on last year's teams) so I'd say they have a better chance of making it for that reason.

StenoHawk

Reaction score
Hawks: 14-2 * 1 Seed
Whiners: 12-4 # 5 Seed
Lambs: 9-7 (outside bubble looking in)
Turds: 4-12

TIME TO TAKE BACK WHAT'S RIGHTFULLY OURS!!! GO HAWKS

vant

Reaction score
Hawks 12-4
49ers 9-7
Rams 8-8
Cards 4-12

TBH, I have a feeling that either the Hawks or the 49ers are going below 10 wins. I know the 49ers are a power house, some of the analysts have them as the #1 team. It just feels like one of us isn't making it to 10 this year.

bobk3333

Reaction score
Seattle Seahawks 16-0
Arizona Cardinals 11-5
San Fran 10-6
St Louis Rams 8-8

I am sick and tired of this 14-2, 13-3 garbage.

You people are too negative, just as you were about Russell Wilson before last season.

Open your friggin eyes. This is a great team that will dominate.

This season will be the biggest thing to hit Seattle since the '79 Supersonics - bigger than the 2001 Mariners, because this team will go all the way as the most dominant NFL team ever.

You people make me sick. I don't even want to be around people who aren't capable of seeing how good the Seahawks are. You are buzz-kills. You are not true Seahawk fans. You should not be allowed to wear #12. You shouldn't be allowed to step foot in Century Link.

This is the Russell Wilson argument all over again. It should be obvious how good this team is. Get your acts together, or get out. We don't want you jumping on our bandwagon after it becomes clear how dominant they are.

You make me sick.

Hawks46

Reaction score
After that last post, I want to say 8-8 just to give bobk3333 a stroke.

Hawks 12-4. Until we get more consistent on the road, I can't go 14-2 or 13-3 which is what my gut feeling says.
Niners 11-5. We might split with them. The Rams for sure will split with them. That's 2-3 losses right there.
Rams 9-7. The talent is there, and with another year in the system, Fisher will have them ready. They aren't intimidated by a tough division.
Cards. 6-10. Palmer will be good for a few more wins, but they better shore up that OL in the draft as Carson isn't that mobile.

I have us going 8-0 at home. As a division, we could see both Wildcard berths. It would be tough as the first tiebreak is divisional record, but if we beat up everyone else outside of the division it's possible. I think it would be ironic....just a few years ago, we were the first divison to send it's divisional champion to the playoffs with a 7-9 record, and now we could be the first division to have 3 teams go to the playoffs.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
You're a buzz-kill if you think your football team will go 13-3 and clinch the #1 seed and feel like your estimate is being conservative?

Okay then.

jack_patera

Reaction score
bobk3333":1uxbd17q said:
Seattle Seahawks 16-0
Arizona Cardinals 11-5
San Fran 10-6
St Louis Rams 8-8

You people are too negative, just as you were about Russell Wilson before last season.

This season will be the biggest thing to hit Seattle since the '79 Supersonics - bigger than the 2001 Mariners, because this team will go all the way as the most dominant NFL team ever.

You people make me sick. I don't even want to be around people who aren't capable of seeing how good the Seahawks are. You are buzz-kills. You are not true Seahawk fans. You should not be allowed to wear #12. You shouldn't be allowed to step foot in Century Link.

This is the Russell Wilson argument all over again. It should be obvious how good this team is. Get your acts together, or get out. We don't want you jumping on our bandwagon after it becomes clear how dominant they are.

You make me sick.

gotta admire the gusto...

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
Hawks46":1931apja said:
just a few years ago, we were the first divison to send it's divisional champion to the playoffs with a 7-9 record, and now we could be the first division to have 3 teams go to the playoffs.

That actually has happened at least one other time that I know of. In 2007 the Cowboys, Redskins, and Giants all made the playoffs. I'm not sure but it might have happened one other time aside from that.

hawker84

Reaction score
bobk3333":3fospzdl said:
Seattle Seahawks 16-0
Arizona Cardinals 11-5
San Fran 10-6
St Louis Rams 8-8

You make me sick.

nice second post..you came out firing with both barrels.... hope you're right....

60niners

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1gsbyaia said:
Seattle - 13-3
St. Louis - 10-6
San Fran - 7-9
Arizona - 4-12

I want to answer this thread seriously but posts like this make it hard to not just start talking trash.

7-9? That's just dumb.

On to seriousness, I DO think the 49ers will win the division again, but I believe it will probably be the same effect as last season; either at/or tied with Seattle record-wise. Some of these 14(+) win predictions are.... well...

Anywho:
49ers 12-4
Seattle 12-4 or 11-5
St Louis 8-8
Arizona 6-10

-Arizona will need another season or so to climb out of their funk.
-St Louis will play really tough against SF and Seattle but will lose some serious head-scratchers to bottom-feeding teams.
-Seattle still does not play nearly as well on the road as they do at home
-SF will likely split with Seattle, UNLESS, the game in Seattle is early in the year, in which case I could see SF taking both games :D

Seattle has had a great off-season so far, and appear to have improved on paper. The Niners have also had a pretty good off-season, and in every position but 1 have improved; if they draft a top-flight safety, I'd feel confident saying that the loss of Goldson would be less crucial.

smashmouth59

Reaction score
I think the Rams will surpass the Niners this year.

The Seahawks will expand on dominating the last 8 games last year. I honestly can't predict a single loss though if i had to bet on 1 it would be at St. Louis.

I don't feel like the 9ers offense scares anyone and the Rams pass rush is the difference between those 2 teams. I also think the worst QB in the division plays for the 9er's.

Seatte 14-2
Rams 11-5
9er's 10-6
Cards 8-8

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
1: San Fran 12-4 (hard games at home, easy games on the road)
2: Seattle 10-6 (schedule maker screws us with multi 10 am east coast games and short weeks vs divisional opponents)
3: Rams 10-6
4 Arizona 7-9

Laloosh

Reaction score
Seattle 12-4 (5-3 road, 7-1 home)
San Fran 12-4
St. Louis 10-6
Arizona 6-10

Realistic side of me: This is the NFL, we were very lucky w/ injuries during the regular season last year (and fortunate that browner's suspension spanned 3/4 sub-par teams).

Homer side of me: This is a smokin' hot team we're looking at in '13. Probably be a couple of close calls but more than a couple of blowouts.

Personally, I think we should be talking about how many TDs Quinn or Turbin are going to get during garbage time next year as Seattle is clearly not going to let the 49ers win the division again for the foreseeable future. :49ersmall:

The Outfield

Reaction score
60niners":hqz1u2nl said:
Hasselbeck":hqz1u2nl said:
Seattle - 13-3
St. Louis - 10-6
San Fran - 7-9
Arizona - 4-12

I want to answer this thread seriously but posts like this make it hard to not just start talking trash.

7-9? That's just dumb.

On to seriousness, I DO think the 49ers will win the division again, but I believe it will probably be the same effect as last season; either at/or tied with Seattle record-wise. Some of these 14(+) win predictions are.... well...

Anywho:
49ers 12-4
Seattle 12-4 or 11-5
St Louis 8-8
Arizona 6-10

-Arizona will need another season or so to climb out of their funk.
-St Louis will play really tough against SF and Seattle but will lose some serious head-scratchers to bottom-feeding teams.
-Seattle still does not play nearly as well on the road as they do at home
-SF will likely split with Seattle, UNLESS, the game in Seattle is early in the year, in which case I could see SF taking both games :D

Seattle has had a great off-season so far, and appear to have improved on paper. The Niners have also had a pretty good off-season, and in every position but 1 have improved; if they draft a top-flight safety, I'd feel confident saying that the loss of Goldson would be less crucial.

Pssh... :177692: You're a 49ers fan, you're clearly biased! :mrgreen: