NBA returning to Seattle?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:29 am
  • They could supplement programming with Bobby Ayala career highlights.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:24 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:They could supplement programming with Bobby Ayala career highlights.

Maybe Ayala could be in studio to provide commentary, "I really like how I hung this slider over the plate here..."
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:37 pm
  • NBA confirmed that there will be no vote this week on the relocation of the Kings. There might still be a vote on the sale.

.........................................................................................................................
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:56 pm
  • Relocation and sale go hand in hand right now, that's why the two committees were joined up. An approved sale to Hansen would mean relocation to Seattle. I don't expect anything this week no more. This whole thing is stupid right now.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:33 pm
  • Sounds like this is standard, they have to vote 7 days after recommendations are made, I think those happen tomorrow?

Nothing to worry about people's, Blitzer stop rocking back n forth, and pink hand me some more of those downers.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:58 pm
  • You guys want some coffee?
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:02 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:You guys want some coffee?

Guh-Ross!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:16 pm
  • Ah I hate David Stern!!!! This "delay" just makes me feel like they are giving KJ and his crew every chance to win this thing. I am so pissed right now.........
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:23 pm
  • Did you not read what I just said? How is that helping Sacramento out?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:25 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Did you not read what I just said? How is that helping Sacramento out?

Clearly I did not............, but still why did no one covering this story notice this till now?

Either way....I am stilled pissed and upset, I just want this over and want my Sonics!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:26 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:You guys want some balls in your face?

Yum!

I knew it.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:32 pm
  • Pause pause pause pause!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:34 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Did you not read what I just said? How is that helping Sacramento out?

Clearly I did not............, but still why did no one covering this story notice this till now?

Either way....I am stilled pissed and upset, I just want this over and want my Sonics!

Lol I don't think anyone thought about it until McGinn said that Stern told him it wasn't happening this week, then everyone scrambles to find out why.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:25 pm
  • Asked if the Sacramento bid will match the increased offer Seattle’s Chris Hansen announced Friday night, Johnson said "I don’t think that was our focus." “The last ditch effort by the Chris Hansen group, he has his prerogative to do that. We felt we made good on what we said we are going to do. I think the NBA and the Maloofs are comfortable with that.”

KJ said this during his presser today.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:28 pm
  • Soooo he didn't say something while saying absolutely nothing? Lol KJ is theeeee worst
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:44 pm
  • No he did. He said we have no intentions of even coming close to matching. We are selling a wish and a dream and hope they buy it.

Looking at the playoff seeding (especially eastern conference) if expansion is our only hope I'm disappointed.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:58 pm
  • I think the things they'll be considering from here on out are: just approving the Seattle deal or figuring out which side gets expansion (I'd guess Sacramento, as it's a down the line conditional promise rather than the straight up signed, sealed, delivered promise it'd have to be for Seattle.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:33 pm
  • Man, I don't want to wait 1-2 more years for an expansion. It would definitely be better than nothing, but I am tired of waiting.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:56 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:Man, I don't want to wait 1-2 more years for an expansion. It would definitely be better than nothing, but I am tired of waiting.

I'm gonna be pisstified if we gotta wait for expansion.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:06 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:Man, I don't want to wait 1-2 more years for an expansion. It would definitely be better than nothing, but I am tired of waiting.

I'm gonna be pisstified if we gotta wait for expansion.

If they follow that up with "but here come the Coyotes next season!" I can deal.

I really don't think it makes sense to promise expansion to Seattle and let the Sacramento be without anything binding from that city or ownership group as of yet, from a business perspective. Sac will have no incentive to move briskly if their last real threat of relocation is gone.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:17 pm
  • Interesting comments today by Calabro over on 710 ESPN today. For those who might have missed it, he said he believes expansion is an option here. He could envision a scenario where Seattle gets the Kings and Sacramento gets the promise of an expansion team in 2 years (if they get their ducks all in a row) ... BUT he believes it's also quite possible the Kings stay in Sacramento and Seattle gets the promise of an expansion franchise within 2 years. Here is the link so you can listen for yourself ...

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_player_sports/?a=9954950&p=1013&n=Afternoons%20with%20the%20Go%202%20Guy
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:52 pm
  • It will be interesting to see where Paul Allen votes on this.

As the Blazers owner and the Seahawks owner it seems like it would make smart business sense to keep another franchise out of the northwest so he wouldnt have to fight for the sports fans dollar, or for the sponsorship money. But then as a Seattle native, obviously he would probably want an NBA team there. Is my recollection correct that he and Cuban were the only 2 that voted against Seattle leaving? Will he show the same loyalty to the fans of Sacramento as he did to the fans of Seattle? Or loyalty to his city, even though it will be in direct competition against two of his ownership entitites?

My gut is that he'll vote to move the Kings to Seattle. But it will be interesting to see.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:01 pm
  • Yes, Allen voted against the Sonics relocation. I agree, should be interesting. My bets are that he'd still vote for moving the Kings to Seattle.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:19 pm
  • Allen would be a fool to vote against Seattle getting the kings, the Seattle market won't accept the Blazers into their homes.

But he, through the Seahawks organization already showed support for Chris Hansen's efforts on the arena side, so I think we can count on Allen to vote for the right side and move the kings here.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:42 pm
  • Sac's bid is in...

But as a committee of NBA team owners met here today to sort out the tug-of-war between the two cities, a source close to the situation described Sacramento's bid as a "non-binding term sheet."

Niiiiiiiiice :th2thumbs:

This source, who wasn't authorized to speak publicly, said Sacramento's bid would require the Maloof family, which controls the team, to terminate its deal with Seattle investor Chris Hansen even before the Sacramento group negotiates a final, binding offer. Under such a scenario, the NBA Board of Governors wouldn't even vote on the Hansen deal. The source added that, unlike Hansen, the Sacramento group's offer doesn't include a deposit.

Nice little touch one screwing yourself over already with the non-binding, then you ask the Maloofs to drop their leverage? How did these clowns become wealthy???

I hope the Kings players are looking for apartments in Seattle, this thing is OVER!

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/04/17/534911 ... #storylink#storylink=cpy
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:57 pm
  • And now on Chris Daniels twitter, the offer isn't matching, on top of non binding, did they just mail it in? Or were ever serious? There's some 'splaining to be done to the Sacramento fans if this is true. They got bamboozled to the fullest extent of bamboozlement.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:00 pm
  • Boy, the press conference yesterday sure seemed like a victory parade, though.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:03 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:And now on Chris Daniels twitter, the offer isn't matching, on top of non binding, did they just mail it in? Or were ever serious? There's some 'splaining to be done to the Sacramento fans if this is true. They got bamboozled to the fullest extent of bamboozlement.

Honestly Throw, it's really not surprising. An exNBA player that's mayor needs to at least "try" to keep the team in town...sigh...
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:09 pm
  • I feel bad if its true that he was putting on a show based off trying to further his public service aspirations. That's not fair to the people that put him in that position.

But these are just sources, so we won't really know til we truly know.
    Attachments
    image.jpg
    image.jpg (34.8 KiB) Viewed 1065 times
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:36 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:It will be interesting to see where Paul Allen votes on this.

As the Blazers owner and the Seahawks owner it seems like it would make smart business sense to keep another franchise out of the northwest so he wouldnt have to fight for the sports fans dollar, or for the sponsorship money. But then as a Seattle native, obviously he would probably want an NBA team there. Is my recollection correct that he and Cuban were the only 2 that voted against Seattle leaving? Will he show the same loyalty to the fans of Sacramento as he did to the fans of Seattle? Or loyalty to his city, even though it will be in direct competition against two of his ownership entitites?

My gut is that he'll vote to move the Kings to Seattle. But it will be interesting to see.

Paul Allen grew up loving the Sonics - he tried to buy them but they were not available at the time - Paul Allen will vote WITH ENTHUSIASM to move the Kings to Seattle.
    OUT OF CONTROL NINER FANS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/11/26/ ... f-control/
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:37 pm
  • I'm confused, but I'll layout one potential reason for Sac's offer: Could they know that they have 8 votes to hold up the Seattle sale and by asking the Maloofs to back out before the vote they, Maloofs, could still get a decent amount of dough when they could get nothing when/if they the BOG denies the Seattle sale. I want to positive and happy, but until that vote happens and we have our Sonics back, thoughts like this will continue to run through my head.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:41 pm
  • THe NBA has only voted no on a team sale once in their history, and that was because the money was hinkey - these guys are team owners who want to be able to sell their teams and make money.
    OUT OF CONTROL NINER FANS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/11/26/ ... f-control/
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:44 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:I'm confused, but I'll layout one potential reason for Sac's offer: Could they know that they have 8 votes to hold up the Seattle sale and by asking the Maloofs to back out before the vote they, Maloofs, could still get a decent amount of dough when they could get nothing when/if they the BOG denies the Seattle sale. I want to positive and happy, but until that vote happens and we have our Sonics back, thoughts like this will continue to run through my head.

If they knew they had 8 votes, then why ask for the Maloofs to drop the deal with Hansen?

They have the back up offer there if he's denied.

They don't have 8 votes and they weren't serious to begin with is how I'm seeing it.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:48 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:I'm confused, but I'll layout one potential reason for Sac's offer: Could they know that they have 8 votes to hold up the Seattle sale and by asking the Maloofs to back out before the vote they, Maloofs, could still get a decent amount of dough when they could get nothing when/if they the BOG denies the Seattle sale. I want to positive and happy, but until that vote happens and we have our Sonics back, thoughts like this will continue to run through my head.

If they knew they had 8 votes, then why ask for the Maloofs to drop the deal with Hansen?

So they wouldn't have to go through the process or save them from embarrassment? :229031_shrug:
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:54 pm
  • There's no embarressment with the Maloofs, they literally are the definition of "no shame in my game".

Lol I don't get you, Blitzer, were you hurt as a child and just expect disappointment out of everything? I bet you're a riot to watch sports with.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:03 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:There's no embarressment with the Maloofs, they literally are the definition of "no shame in my game".

Lol I don't get you, Blitzer, were you hurt as a child and just expect disappointment out of everything? I bet you're a riot to watch sports with.

Pretty much :th2thumbs: . And I can't really watch sports with others as I get way to emotionally involved, but when I do.......yeah others enjoy my freakouts.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:03 pm
  • Expansion isn't off the table according to the BOG chairman, Peter Holt the owner of the Spurs
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:15 pm
  • Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 26s
    I asked Stern if Sac group was “willing” to put down a down payment for #NBAKings, after a long pause, he said Yes.

And this is why I hate Stern......giving Sac every single chance.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:21 pm
  • Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 18m
    Stern charitable to say the vote won’t happen for a couple weeks.
    Skittles - The candy of champions.
    Seahawksfan425
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:30 pm
  • Seahawksfan425 wrote:
    Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 18m
    Stern charitable to say the vote won’t happen for a couple weeks.

I cannot handle this for another couple weeks! God I hate Stern! The longer this is played out the worse off we are at getting the Kings.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:36 pm
  • Even better.......
    Michael McCann ‏@McCannSportsLaw 9m
    @lildeac2 Hansen might have this, but his closing argument clearly didn't seal the deal. The jury is still deliberating under Judge Stern.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:06 pm
  • #chrishasmore
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:17 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:#chrishasmore

A hash-tag doesn't make me feel any better at this moment.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:17 pm
  • if the nba turns down hansen they are bloody guttless.
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
    @TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.
    hawkcrazzed
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:22 pm
  • Reading Sonicrising, most were pretty pumped earlier when the Sac's bid details came out, now it seems as if they think something fishy is going on. I do not like this being drawn out, it spells bad news for us.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:32 pm
  • i honestly think that if they let the kings stay there with that offer. even with an expansion it will kill the market in seattle.
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
    @TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.
    hawkcrazzed
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:35 pm
  • Well, people aren't happy because this is getting absurd. Hansen's PSA deserves an up or down vote and not to be delayed over and over to accommodate Sacramento whose first offer wasn't good enough, whose presentation wasn't good enough, whose latest offer wasn't good enough, who has not put any money down, that has just not done enough.

Look at their strategy. They want the Seattle PSA erased so they can negotiate with the Maloofs, that's why matching isn't an issue for them, because they don't want there to be anything to match. Well, that's not happening. I think the odds that Seattle gets the Kings are really high and that most of this is about discussing how to possibly help Sacramento get a new team if they can live up to their promises. The Maloofs aren't taking less money.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:38 pm

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:41 pm
  • #trustinpinksheets
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:49 pm
  • I don't know.......I just don't feel great about how things are playing out for us and H/B/N. I wish I was as confident as others are, but this being dragged out for another 2-3 weeks is not good for us.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:39 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information