How close have you been to the NFL? (offseason time waster)

How close to the NFL are you / football experience

• (Mere mortal) Just a fan. Nothing more

Votes: 98 44.5%
  • Played High School Ball

Votes: 66 30.0%
  • Played College Ball

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • NFL player (on a roster at all - even if you never made the 53)

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • I have a friend/family member in the NFL

Votes: 33 15.0%

• Total voters

The Outfield

Reaction score
I'm curious about the 5 that voted NFL roster :eek:

But anyway, I'm just a mere mortal :(

jkitsune

Reaction score
I once exchanged Facebook messages with Jake Locker. Does that count?

My Dad tells me he used to know a guy who was a backup QB for the Vikings (started a few games in the 70s before washing out), but I can't recall the guy's name...

That's about it, I think. Just a huge fan.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
I played football against Teyo Johnson in my earlier high school years. My brother was good friends with him since their flag football years. He eventually went to Stanford and got drafted by the faiders.

Oh and I also got to play football against Grady Sizemore too, didn't know him though

Lady Talon

Reaction score
well guess I'm just a mortal. But if the LFL existed back in my day, I wouldn't have wasted 30 years in one softball league or another.

bellingerga

Reaction score
I played for a very brief period in high school and it was a big mistake. Having a genetic connective tissue disorder is not conducive to surviving contact sports.

The first time I took a low hit my knee hyperextended and my knee-cap completely dislocated and stuck out of place. It was miserable, and it wasn't even a hard hit. I've just always been stubborn and didn't want to let the disease stop me from living life, like so many in my family with the condition have.

Needless to say, one low hit and my nfl dreams were crushed.

seahawks875

Reaction score
All of u are talking about people you knew in the nfl, but did any of you actually play football yourselves at any organized level

ivotuk

Reaction score
Mere mortal. Although I was good friends with Eric Colledge and remember when he had to babysit his nephew, Daryn Colledge. :D

D1sorder

Reaction score
Played high school ball, but also family friends with Charles Haley. His brother Lawrence use to work with my dad so we would go over to his moms house occasionally and Charles would sometimes be there. When I played rec ball actually got to toss the ball around with him once or twice. Haven't seen em in awhile though

HawkFan72

Reaction score
My dad's former roommate and the best man in his wedding is a current Seahawks position coach (and former player) and they still keep in touch. That's opened the door to some cool Seahawks experiences. As for my family and myself, we are just mere mortals.

Mase

Reaction score
-- My home room teacher in High School was Terry Summerfield. An undrafted rookie QB who was signed by the Hawks the same year the Hawks signed Sean Salisbury as a rookie free agent. Great guy. We called him Summerstud because he had gotten a sniff of the pros.

Mase

TriCHawk

Reaction score
My daughter spent the night at her friend's a couple of weeks ago, and it turns out her older brother is the punter for Tampa Bay.

Saw Drew Bledsoe play in high school for Wa-Hi. Everyone knew then he'd be good. Dude had an arm.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I was in India with a night club singer named Wilhelmina "Willie" Scott and a twelve-year-old boy named Short Round. Long story short, we end up in a small distressed village, where the people believe that evil spirits have taken all their children away after a sacred precious stone was stolen! I also discovered the great mysterious terror surrounding a booby-trapped temple known as the Temple of Doom! The Thuggee cult is beginning to attempt to rise once more, believing that with the power of all five Sankara stones they can rule the world! Now, it's all up to me to put an end to the Thuggee campaign, rescue the lost children, win the girl and conquer the Temple of Doom. Leader of the cult? Zeke Mowatt.

TeeHawk

Reaction score
I, mere mortal. I went to high school with MKristo Bruce, huge douche. He played for wsu, practice squad on the panthers, short stint in the AFL and last I heard he's a car salesman. So the story goes anyway

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":reoului0 said:
I was in India with a night club singer named Wilhelmina "Willie" Scott and a twelve-year-old boy named Short Round. Long story short, we end up in a small distressed village, where the people believe that evil spirits have taken all their children away after a sacred precious stone was stolen! I also discovered the great mysterious terror surrounding a booby-trapped temple known as the Temple of Doom! The Thuggee cult is beginning to attempt to rise once more, believing that with the power of all five Sankara stones they can rule the world! Now, it's all up to me to put an end to the Thuggee campaign, rescue the lost children, win the girl and conquer the Temple of Doom. Leader of the cult? Zeke Mowatt.

I dunno if I buy that...

Alkasquawlik

Reaction score
I played high school ball, miss it so much. I would love to just be able to put on pads for one practice. Intramural flag football just isn't the same.

The closest connection I have is going to elementary school with Courtney Jones, the daughter of San Francisco's tight end Brent Jones during their SB years. Really cool girl and the family was extremely nice as well.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ojmi1xrt said:
I was a high school QB, got sacked 6 times in one game by a dude that had a cup of coffee in the NFL. He went to UW as an offensive linemen then bounced around practice squads and the lower part of team rosters for a few years. Can't remember his name, Whitfield, or Whitman, or something like that.

So Im guessing you werent as allusive as Russell in the pocket? Were you more of a Charlie back there?

Axx

Reaction score
played high school football and got knocked out the in the playoffs by the team that ended up getting 2nd place in Texas 4A.

In this game though i got to block the #5 ranked defensive end in all of America. I was a left tackle and after seeing how fast, big , and strong he was i realized that college probably wasn't for me :(

JGreen79

Reaction score
I used to work with a guy claiming to be Kellen Moore's wife's uncle(The last names match up and the stories sounded real enough). He also claimed to be either friends with Bevel or his brother in law. Don't quite remember which. (Stories and things I've heard also sound authentic.)

Spounge84

Reaction score
Played some football in high school, was never any good though.

I also went to high school with Jonathan Stewart. We all called him "Snoop" back then.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I asked Walter Jones, via Twitter, if he was going to come back & be an assistant line coach in Seattle. He replied, "You never know" Pretty much made my day.

Playing football in England somewhat limits your NFL expectations. Still, I had a fun few years dreaming.