Let's Talk Mariners

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
chris98251":1hydbzm9 said:
Well last year it was just poor hitting, the pitching was the strength, now other then Felix it appears there is a few holes there also. Typically early on pitching is ahead of the hitters till things begin to warm up.

Huh? Iwakuma has pitched very well so far.

BillHawks

Reaction score
In case anyone was wondering what happened to him, Kawasaki got called up from the Blue Jays AAA team when Reyes went down. He had an RBI in his first plate appearance.

I was almost 100% sure he would never play in MLB again.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Mauer's last start was pretty solid as well. We are ahead of the "dream team" angels so far :D

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Carmon1274":3hbpc5c2 said:
You know what was the biggest mistake they ever did?

Giving Felix that big contract extension.

By far some of the dumber opinions I've heard. What are you going to do... not pay a perennial cy-young contender who's only 27 and by all means took a hometown pay cut?

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Harang is looking pretty damn goo in his first start. Especially good considering it is against the offensive juggernaut that is the Detroit Tigers.

Msfann

Reaction score
2 walked in after the ump blew a call on a 3rd strike.. Again. This has happened to the mariners probably 4-5 games in a row now.

Yeah it happens to every team but this crap gets old when it happens every day. They blow a call then the other team scores.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
Felix is probably going to play about 30 games.
He's already 1-2 and the only game I saw, was against Texas where he was missing the zone, and Jesus was really lazy covering the ball in the ground.

The reason why I said that the contract extension was a mistake because he's only gonna contribute 30-35 games. 7 years for 175 million? That's crazy for a team that has no hitters. The reason why FA don't come to Seattle is because Seattle is not a intriguing place for FA. No hitters only 2 good Pitchers. If I was the GM, I would had traded Felix for 1 good pitching prospect and 2 good hitters. People would overtrade for Felix, look at Dodgers or Toronto. Somebody would had traded us for Felix, but with this contract, he won't get traded at all.

Guti is still looking terrible and injury prone.
Ackley? Becoming more of a Garbage.
Smoak part of the Cliff Lee trade? Garbage.
Seager? Who was very good for the Mariners this season? Nope garbage this year.
Jesús? Part of the Pineda trade? Yes Mariner fans believe they won the trade, but Jesus is terrible. We all seen what Pineda is capable of. When Pineda comes back June, this was a trade that the NY won.

Seattle is going to look bad for the next 8 years.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Carmon1274":224xgs3d said:
Felix is probably going to play about 30 games.
He's already 1-2 and the only game I saw, was against Texas where he was missing the zone, and Jesus was really lazy covering the ball in the ground.

The reason why I said that the contract extension was a mistake because he's only gonna contribute 30-35 games. 7 years for 175 million? That's crazy for a team that has no hitters. The reason why FA don't come to Seattle is because Seattle is not a intriguing place for FA. No hitters only 2 good Pitchers. If I was the GM, I would had traded Felix for 1 good pitching prospect and 2 good hitters. People would overtrade for Felix, look at Dodgers or Toronto. Somebody would had traded us for Felix, but with this contract, he won't get traded at all.

Guti is still looking terrible and injury prone.
Ackley? Becoming more of a Garbage.
Smoak part of the Cliff Lee trade? Garbage.
Seager? Who was very good for the Mariners this season? Nope garbage this year.
Jesús? Part of the Pineda trade? Yes Mariner fans believe they won the trade, but Jesus is terrible. We all seen what Pineda is capable of. When Pineda comes back June, this was a trade that the NY won.

Seattle is going to look bad for the next 8 years.

This post contains a lot of dumb. You even called Jesus garbage, which is sure to offend the religious types.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I just wanna say, however disappointing the team has been thus far, Iwakuma is a frickin stud. Has a better ERA than Felix right now I believe

The Outfield

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3qvzy63t said:
I just wanna say, however disappointing the team has been thus far, Iwakuma is a frickin stud. Has a better ERA than Felix right now I believe

Yeah, he was amazing the second half of last year and finished with only about a 3.00 ERA. I'm really glad we re-signed him for 2 years but wish it was longer. MAYBE we'll be a competitor 2 years from now and he'll want to re-sign again.

pinksheets

Reaction score
As one of the more hopeful M's fans, let me say, this season looks awful. My goal was to see a season that inspired hope, and now I'm starting to think I should scale that back. Still have the prospects to build a good team, but right now our young guys who we would have liked to see more than less hitting ceilings rather than floors (Ackley, Smoak, Montero, etc.) seem to, inexplicably, all be hitting their floors. Absurd. It begins to feel like less that we are making bad moves and more that we are cursed. Morse and Morales still look decent enough, but I'm absolutely in shock of how awful our batting prospects are at the big league level.

Still. ZOO-NEE-NO. That kid is going to be a real stud. I don't think they should even bother calling him up this year, let him hit a slump in the AAAs....but also, this season, if they follow my advice, I might go to more Tacoma games than Mariners games, and I live at the tip of North Seattle. PITA to go to Tacoma.

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":12q40izl said:
Starting to look historically bad again.

Whoa! What are you on about? 11-3!..... THREE!

The Outfield

Reaction score
Yeah, we finally scored a run for the first time in like 19 innings, and it wasn't just one run, it was three!!! :D

Latest posts