Reason Antoine W. chose to sign with Seattle?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Interesting perspective this article presents...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... o-seattle/

Ok, I thought this was all behind us? Do any of you folks think there is a real concern over whether a drug test is going to come up dirty again?

I'm putting the Adderall episode behind me and considering it a non-issue moving forward. I'm also confident that Pete & John are too. I mean, are we really thinking we need to protect ourselves against future transgressions by bringing in a "top-shelf" backup CB? Nope, our FO saw an opportunity to grab a sweet acquisition to augment an already killer group.

I'm going to say AW is here because he just wanted to be part of something special, and there is no reason to believe he is thinking he's joining a team of speed junkies that gives him the best chance to eventually start. Who thinks-up this crap?

Thoughts?

(edit: wrong link...)
    Last edited by HoustonHawk82 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine

Remembering "The Radish" :les:
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

• The drug thoughts are just WAG's. They have no relavence. Sure he can play outside if needed, but he's mainly a nickle corner and we were awful at Nickle last year. He provides an upgrade. that's all I need to know.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• That was one of the stupidest articles Florio has ever written.
    * NET Staff *

• When I read this the other day I kept thinking wow Florio this article is a joke. The comments that followed tend to agree, garbage and silliness is all this is.
    YaktownHawK
    NET Veteran

• Florio is a joke. He throws crap against the wall hoping ANYTHING sticks. Even if it doesn't stick, he will write about it anyway.

I can't stand Floria or pft, now I'm mad at myself for clicking that link...
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• Florio retrieved this passage directly from within his colon. Why NBC keeps paying this clown actual money while a thousand better bloggers put out better work for free every day is beyond me.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• He probably was disappointed the Vickies low balled him after his years and had the ties to us.

Simple enough and completely transparent.
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• I speak with no hyperbole here. That was hands down one of the stupidest things I've ever read in my life.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Hawkstorian wrote:That was one of the stupidest articles Florio has ever written.

Agreed. And that is truly saying something. :34853_doh:
    HawkFanNC
    NET Rookie

• I normally enjoy Florio but once in a while he flies off the rails. This is one of those times.
    * NET Staff *

• That article was retarded. With a capital TARD!!!
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran

• There is only one reason that Winfield signed with us. He wants to win a ring. His choices were to stay with broken Minn led by Ponder or come to Seattle who was a pash rusher away from going to at least the NFC Championship game with a dynamic rookie QB and a shut down D. Come on, there really was no choice.

Article wasn't worth the seconds I wasted reading it.
    Schadie001
    NET Veteran

• PFT is good for the breaking news headlines (player signings, trades, injuries) but i can't really stand the writing itself.

Florio really turned me off when he said he honestly believes that the Hawks should forfeit the GB game last year after the fact.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• If Sherman/Browner pissed dirty for Adderall again.. they would deserve a suspension longer than 8 games out of sheer stupidity.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• When the article went full retard, I went to a new site.

Most ridiculous speculative crap I have read in quite awhile
    It was a catch.
    SeaMeat
    NET Veteran

• SeaMeat wrote:When the article went full retard, I went to a new site.

Most ridiculous speculative crap I have read in quite awhile

Must not have seen Hawkblogger's Flynn article.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• This may be the worst article he has written. Just terrible research and assumptions.

Winfield will not be in the starting lineup even if BOTH Sherman and Browner go out. He is signed to play the slot, and only the slot. Lane and Thurmond would play outside if we needed both starter spots filled.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Yeah it was just a few weeks ago when Florio was writing how Sidney Rice would be gone this year because of the Percy Harvin trade...smh
    thebanjodude
    NET Starter

• I was starting to think Florio sounded like a bitter Vikings fan in that article.

Guess what?

Florio, 44, an erstwhile Vikings fan living in Steelers country, began his blog in 2001 as a sideline to his law practice.

--NYTimes.

It all makes sense now. Also explains him trying to spread the rumor that Sidney Rice would be cut because of Harvin. Don't pay attention to anything this guy has to say about Seattle from this point forward.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Maybe Florio need some performance enhancing drugs.......
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• at his age, winfield is not suited to play outside CB, so the idea that he's here because he'll get on the field is retarded. If Browner or Sherman goes down it will be Lane, Thurmond, and Maxwell stepping in while winfield remains in the slot.

I don't think it's beyond the realm of sanity to at least consider that there could be future drug issues with browner/sherman; It's up to them now to steer clear of any issues.

but, the idea that winfield came here in hopes of earning some playing time behind players likely to be suspended for drug abuse is idiotic.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

DohBoy
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

• Wow, remember when Florio used to be a credible journalist?.........yeah me either.

So basically this article boils down to "Winfield chose Seattle because it currently has two CB's that MIGHT be suspended in the future." As opposed to every other team that has two CB's that won't ever be suspended? Awesome logic there Florio.

BREAKING: Winfield chose Seattle because he wants a ring.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• Schadie001 wrote:There is only one reason that Winfield signed with us. He wants to win a ring. His choices were to stay with broken Minn led by Ponder or come to Seattle who was a pash rusher away from going to at least the NFC Championship game with a dynamic rookie QB and a shut down D. Come on, there really was no choice.

Article wasn't worth the seconds I wasted reading it.

This. Thanks for letting me know how much of a waste of time to read the article is also.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• Man I hate PFT. Where did logic go. That makes so little sense it's unbelievable. If he wanted a starting job he would go somewhere where he would be offered a starting job which is probably no where. He'd have just stayed in Minnesota.

How is this stuff allowed to be printed? Or typed I guess.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

• JKent82 wrote:Man I hate PFT. Where did logic go. That makes so little sense it's unbelievable. If he wanted a starting job he would go somewhere where he would be offered a starting job which is probably no where. He'd have just stayed in Minnesota.

It's not a news source. It's a printed rumor reel. Sports equivalent to TMZ
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• JKent82 wrote:

Blame the internet. No longer are there only 20-30 really good sports writers in the country who work for reputable newspapers that make them write quality articles that have to be approved by an editor before being printed for public consumption. Now any idiot can puke up ridiculous opinions on websites or blogs.

In fact, now the Skip Bayless's of the world are ENCOURAGED to say or type insane things, because it brings eyes and clicks to the company they work for.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• Florio should stick to lawyering. He knows nothing about football, and is a known Seahawk hater.

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

• The article is bad and he should feel bad.

SEriously pissed off!
    seahawksTopGear
    NET Rookie

• HoustonHawk82 wrote:Interesting perspective this article presents...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... o-seattle/

Ok, I thought this was all behind us? Do any of you folks think there is a real concern over whether a drug test is going to come up dirty again?

I'm putting the Adderall episode behind me and considering it a non-issue moving forward. I'm also confident that Pete & John are too. I mean, are we really thinking we need to protect ourselves against future transgressions by bringing in a "top-shelf" backup CB? Nope, our FO saw an opportunity to grab a sweet acquisition to augment an already killer group.

I'm going to say AW is here because he just wanted to be part of something special, and there is no reason to believe he is thinking he's joining a team of speed junkies that gives him the best chance to eventually start. Who thinks-up this crap?

Thoughts?
    stupidest thing ever written
    (edit: wrong link...)
    hawkfan333
    NET Rookie

• Basis4day wrote:
    JKent82 wrote:Man I hate PFT. Where did logic go. That makes so little sense it's unbelievable. If he wanted a starting job he would go somewhere where he would be offered a starting job which is probably no where. He'd have just stayed in Minnesota.

It's not a news source. It's a printed rumor reel. Sports equivalent to TMZ

So, since Bleacher Report also linked it, it basically proves your point then?
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine

Remembering "The Radish" :les:
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

• If an identical article had been published about ANY other team, none of you would get this girly. We really are a bunch chattering, sensitive hens as a fanbase.

Good lord.
    Last edited by pehawk on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:If an identicle article had been published about ANY other team, none of you would get this girly. We really are a bunch chattering, sensitive hens as a fanbase.

Good lord.

Normally, I'd agree, but this particular article warrants the hate. Please feel free to point out a single legitimate or logical thought contained in that entire piece...

I would have the same reaction if he wrote the same piece about a QB joining the Steelers because he thought Roethlisberger was likely to committ another assault. I just wouldn't write about it anywhere because I don't care about the Steelers.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:BREAKING: Winfield chose Seattle because he wants a ring.

You forgeot the other side of the arguement; He left Minnesota because Minnesota sucks monkey balls.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• The chances of that douche raping another chick is far greater than a Seattle cb going anywhere near adderall again
    35!
    AHH-OOH!
    KK84
    NET Veteran

• CANHawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:BREAKING: Winfield chose Seattle because he wants a ring.

You forgeot the other side of the arguement; He left Minnesota because Minnesota sucks monkey balls.

Minnesota: America's Canada
    35!
    AHH-OOH!
    KK84
    NET Veteran

• DavidSeven wrote:
    pehawk wrote:If an identicle article had been published about ANY other team, none of you would get this girly. We really are a bunch chattering, sensitive hens as a fanbase.

Good lord.

Normally, I'd agree, but this particular article warrants the hate. Please feel free to point out a single legitimate or logical thought contained in that entire piece...

I would have the same reaction if he wrote the same piece about a QB joining the Steelers because he thought Roethlisberger was likely to committ another assault. I just wouldn't write about it anywhere because I don't care about the Steelers.

I dont go to PFT for logical thoughts. I go there for breaking news and tabloid type journalism.

Should we all criticize TMZ using the BBC as a contrast?
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:
    pehawk wrote:If an identicle article had been published about ANY other team, none of you would get this girly. We really are a bunch chattering, sensitive hens as a fanbase.

Good lord.

I dont go to PFT for logical thoughts. I go there for breaking news and tabloid type journalism.

No. But no one's hating on PFT for not being up to the standards of the NYTimes. They wrote something objectively stupid and unsourced, and people are calling them on it.

And people bash TMZ all the time. It's like the new synonym for worthless online publication e.g. "PFT is becoming the TMZ of sports reporting."
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• I think the Vmac played into it as well. If you have seen the Vikings facilities compared to the Vmac it's like comparing a single wide to the playboy mansion. There's tons of reasons to vacate the Vikings squad though. Not just for a ring. Pretty much everything about that organization is swirling around the bowl at an ever increasing rate. We were just smart enough to extend a life ring to those worthy.

Sorry your team, FO and facility sucks so bad Florio.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• he signed with us for the simple fact to play for a great team with a chance at a ring...for so may years it was the other way around...let that sink in for a minute...seahawks=great team with chance at a ring...please forgive my tears...
    jack_patera
    NET Rookie

• pehawk wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:

Good lord.

I go there to read the hilarious comments. It's pure entertainment, and the people who comment there and get into e-wars.... comedy gold.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• I'll say one thing, Florio has some "Nards", trouble is, one of them is the size of a "Pea", and the other is just a little tiny sucker.
    I wasn't even tempted to click on the link, because I flush better stuff than what he says down the toilet. :141847_bnono:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• twisted_steel2 wrote:I go there to read the hilarious comments. It's pure entertainment, and the people who comment there and get into e-wars.... comedy gold.

logicalvoicesays... ugh lol
    509hawk
    NET Rookie

• Winfield could start almost anywhere. He didn't pick Seattle so he would have a shot to start. In fact there are probably less than 5 places in the whole league where he wouldn't be a 3 down starter.

He picked Seattle because we treat our players well and have an excellent shot at a Super Bowl.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• 509hawk wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:I go there to read the hilarious comments. It's pure entertainment, and the people who comment there and get into e-wars.... comedy gold.

logicalvoicesays... ugh lol

Half the time I think the whole logicalvoice shtick HAS to be an act, because no human being could possibly be that foolish. Then I remember that I'm on the Internet....
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• [Schneider] said Winfield's agent was very aggressive in pushing for a deal with Seattle. Schneider considered that an indication players are eager to join a strong Seattle defense. He theorized that Carroll's reputation for treating players as men has gotten around the league, making Seattle a more attractive destination.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... highlights
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information