Earl Thomas III on Brock and Danny

NYCoug

Reaction score
Wow, that was excellent. Good find, thanks.

I'm a huge fan of ETIII. They should call him Extra Terrestrial cause his game is out of this world. Very well spoken and a great interview. I can definitely envision him learning a few things from Winfield's approach and developing into an even more consistent, big time performer and the leader of that Seahawks secondary. Sherman might get most of the shine back there, but Thomas is the most indispensable in my mind. The "Wilson" of the defense. I think we're going to see more big games like the Washington and Atlanta ones and a huge season in general from Earl in 2013.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Like how he threw in that the DBs always make Russell look bad in practice and then he blows up on game day.

#AlwaysCompete

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
ET III sounds dope. I love it! We got RDub3 and now ETIII.

RDUB3 & ETIII > (broken down) RG3

Haha I don't know where I was going with that. .

kearly

Reaction score
I thought Mike Salk was a likable guy, but Danny O'Neil is an upgrade, IMO. Salk always came across as the average joe fan with average sports knowledge, with Huard being the savvy expert. O'Neil may not be quite on Huard's level as an analyst, but he's better behind a mic than I expected he'd be and his football knowledge is well ahead of Salk's. Kind of feels like the show has two experts now instead of one. Makes the discussion better. I'm glad they tapped O'Neil for the job.

I wonder if Doug Farrar was ever discussed as an option? That would have been something.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
kearly":3b9rxgeg said:
I thought Mike Salk was a likable guy, but Danny O'Neil is an upgrade, IMO. Salk always came across as the average joe fan with average sports knowledge, with Huard being the savvy expert. O'Neil may not be quite on Huard's level as an analyst, but he's better behind a mic than I expected he'd be and his football knowledge is well ahead of Salk's. Kind of feels like the show has two experts now instead of one. Makes the discussion better. I'm glad they tapped O'Neil for the job.

I wonder if Doug Farrar was ever discussed as an option? That would have been something.

Agree on Danny > Salk. And excellent point about Doug, he would have been great for that but there are other slots and I think that 710 ESPN should consider him in one of them. He would be an upgrade over 60% of what is currently available.

drdiags

Reaction score
I wish Doug had a voice coach. He is a good analyst but his voice doesn't deliver the power behind his words that it could.

Danny O'Neil has a similar issue as far as voice inflection, bass etc.

Then there is Jim Moore, whose whinny voice gets to me sometimes.

JKent82

Reaction score
kearly":8nci6xo3 said:
I thought Mike Salk was a likable guy, but Danny O'Neil is an upgrade, IMO.

Most definitely. Looking forward to listening to them more. Well like once training camp starts, I don't really listen except for interviews during this time of year. They just kinda repeat themselves day after day at this point.