First Time Poster

Mick063

Reaction score
I was a senior in high school when the Seahawks were an expansion team. I have watched almost every single Seahawk game except for a few lean years I served in the Navy (before armed forces NFL broadcasts were wide spread). I am the biggest Seahawk fan in the world. Even during the lean years of Ken Behring. Even when the worst QB in Seahawk history, Stan Gelbaugh, was the starter.

I attended practices in Cheney when Chuck Knox was the coach. I got an autograph from Kenny Easley. I had a Wheaties box with Steve Largent on the cover, signed by Steve Largent. I vividly recall Derrick Thomas sacking Dave Krieg seven times in one game, yet Krieg Hit Paul Skansi at the end to win the game. I recall Curt Warner's first carry from scrimmage against the KC Chiefs, an 80 yard scamper that made me an instant believer that he was a real gem. I'm still pissed that Seattle passed on the opportunity to draft Tony Dorsett to take Steve Niehaus instead. I believe the best Seahawk that ran in to a string of bad luck, and never reached a very high ceiling was running back Derrick Fenner. I think the most under appreciated Seahawk is Dan Doornink. He was surprisingly good.

Why all the justification? I'm asking that you consider such things instead of post count when passing judgement on my posts. I have lived and breathed the Seahawks before many of you were born. I have played, coached, and followed football as a huge fan of the game for over forty years.

I am not a "fair weather fan" that just happened to show up because Seattle is suddenly good. I have loved this team for a long, long time.

Sac

Reaction score
Welcome! People will generally not judge you by post count unless you act like an idiot.

Throwdown

Reaction score
No ones gonna say "hey look at your post count" when it comes to knowledge of the game, look at mine! No one takes me seriously lol

Welcome to the board though, hope you find a home here.

drdiags

Reaction score
Welcome Mick063.

Nice walk down memory lane. The .Net board is constantly evolving, posters will come and go but the hope is that the spirit of reasonable discussions can remain. Though that isn't always the case since we all are trying out our comic material on a daily basis.

There is the Shack for some down dirty, let your hair down and tell a poster how you really feel. The mods try to keep the main forum free of personal attacks. Again, welcome aboard!

:thirishdrinkers:

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Anybody here in the offseason is a pretty hardcore fan. I look forward to reading your posts

The Radish

Reaction score
Welcome to Seahawks.net.

You seem pretty old to be posting. lol

You will find that there are some here that hate on posters such as yourself that know about football and the Seahawks for real rather than being a giggle queen.

:D

GOSeahawks

Reaction score
I am another long time fan, but it sounds like you we're more serious in the early years. I moved to Washington in 1975 so I was around from the beginning as well. I am a huge Seahawks fan and couldn't be more excited for this upcoming season.

Welcome to the .net it has changed my understanding of the game and brought m to new level of addiction!

GO Hawks

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Welcome Mick, I've been there with ya the whole ride and only missed the games that were played while I was out at sea or weren't nationally televised ( alot unfortunately) from 1981 to 1985.

Only disagree with one point. I loved Fenner but Marcus Tubbs has to be the best player to deal with the bad luck. Only played healthy one year and was all the difference in the world on that 05 super bowl defense. When he was on the field the defensive stats reflected enormously but unfortunately he could never stay healthy and didn't last.

Look forward to your post count going way up. Welcome.

Tempest_Crow

Reaction score
I don't think the ladies and gentlemen here take your post count as a sign of knowledge. But I think those here on this board do take into account your knowledge in the game and are willing to let you know if they disagree. Which is why I am constantly on the board lurking about in the shadows. Rarely do I post because someone eventually asks the same question I would have asked and every time there is a reply.

Devotion is rarely questioned, knowledge is. Welcome from one of the longer tenured but smallest post count!