Antoine Winfield *2012* highlights

kearly

Reaction score
[youtube]n_xQVMC48bg[/youtube]

I saw this posted earlier today (technically yesterday). It's a highlight video from his age 35 season. There had been other Winfield highlights out there but this is the only one that captures his most recent season. He's not quite as insanely explosive in this version, but he's still a hell of a football player, in my opinion.

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
Thanks. Nice post. Although I prefer natural game audio to the heavy music that highlight videos seem to always have. But, oh well...

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He was pretty beastly against the Redskins. No wonder they pursued him so hard.

PGunning101

Reaction score
See the hit he lays on Golden Tate at 5:04. That's prime LOB material right there.

No introduction needed in the locker room for those two.

ivotuk

Reaction score
He's so light on his feet, like a dancer. Then he breaks down and makes these perfect form tackles. Our young guys are going to learn so much from him, how to study, how to break down a play as it is happening, and most importantly, how to properly tackle so that you get the guy down but you don't beat your body up in the process. They better pay attention, because if they are lucky, they will have a long career like Antoine has.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Saw it earlier. He sheds blocks so effortlessly and attacks runners like no other. I'm excited to see what he can do. His instincts seem to be off the charts

A

Anonymous

OK, so with the Legion of Boom cemented in, is Winfield just playing the Nickle spot and perhaps other situational formations then?

Kinda looks like he could play OLB too.

A

Anonymous

Or maybe part of Pete and John's thought process is not just making our team better, but removing good players from other NFC contenders?

Just sayin...

CANHawk

Reaction score
kearly":ilpcmj6n said:
[youtube]n_xQVMC48bg[/youtube]

I saw this posted earlier today (technically yesterday). It's a highlight video from his age 35 season. There had been other Winfield highlights out there but this is the only one that captures his most recent season. He's not quite as insanely explosive in this version, but he's still a hell of a football player, in my opinion.

Still impressive at 35. Not a particularly big man, but he sure plays big. Even if we only get a year's rental on a guy like that, it will be a huge help.

Largent80

Reaction score
I love that we got a new toy for Dan Quinn to use to blow up the opposition. In fact he has so many new ones that he may get tired trying to figure it all out.

Winfield will really help us, a great signing.

legend38

Reaction score
Imagine that."an error occurred,please try again later".Whats wrong?

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I wonder if there are plans to use the Bandit defense more this season. Seems like Mr. Winfield would be fantastic in it.

A

Anonymous

legend38":3c48waky said:
Imagine that."an error occurred,please try again later".Whats wrong?

Go to your drop down menu in the upper right and select "view as desktop site (square checkbox)" then YouTube will appear as normal. (if you're using a smart phone, that is).

the_12th_man

Reaction score
The dude just has a nose for the football. I loved the highlights against the whiners and cardinals in particular. He may not be a probowler this coming year but can see him making a huge impact against the run and really excited to see how he sniffs out the "dump offs" that seem to hurt us at times last season. So stoked!

Mick063

Reaction score
I like the idea of short term free agent deals.

You fill your roster with very good players and let them compete for the long term extensions. The cream of the crop will get paid. This is just an extension of what Pete preaches.

It is a good defense mechanism against over paying players. Give those free agents a year to show how good they are. If they are a great fit, you extend. If not, they move on and you bring in the next batch.

drdiags

Reaction score
If Trufant's back and general health hadn't taken hits, his tackling is almost as good as Winfield's.

Winfield isn't invincible but if he stays healthy buys the Seahawks time to find a long-term 3rd corner (with long-term being 3-4 years since anything over that doesn't seem realistic).