Hard hitting discussion

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Let's talk about what REALLY matters...the kicker!

We currently only have Carson Wiggs on the roster.

Do you think they will draft a kicker with one of our 26 7th round draft picks to compete, or bring in a vet? Does Hauschka come back?

Now that the Tanzania crisis has been averted, I find this to be the current worry! 8)

There, I spun it...you discuss it.

bellingerga

Reaction score
I didn't even realize Hauschka was gone. I'm so pumped about this next season that the offseason has been killing me and I've been trying to keep my mind occupied with other stuff on my spare time so I don't go nuts waiting.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Yes I beleive we'll draft a kicker in the 7th round.

The Outfield

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1yoffrht said:
Let's talk about what REALLY matters...the kicker!

We currently only have Carson Wiggs on the roster.

Do you think they will draft a kicker with one of our 26 7th round draft picks to compete, or bring in a vet? Does Hauschka come back?

Now that the Tanzania crisis has been averted, I find this to be the current worry! 8)

There, I spun it...you discuss it.

Must have missed this news. It has been? Tanzania is back in action?

sutz

Reaction score
I kind of like the idea of bringing Haushka back in, but it wouldn't surprise me if they draft a kicker late.

Ah, hell, let's just trade up into the first round and grab one there. Gotta make sure we get the one we want, right? ;)

A

Anonymous

Somebody remind me what happened to Hauschka?

An injury, right?

The Outfield

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":b16j3cva said:
Somebody remind me what happened to Hauschka?

An injury, right?

Tweaked his calf on the CRAPPY FedEx Field grass. I don't think it was a serious injury. But he's also a free agent right now.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
wouldn't mind bringing in tynes and haushka and letting them duke it out if tynes doesn't stick with NY

Hawks46

Reaction score
You can probably get the best kicker in the NCAA last year in the 6th round. I'm not really worried about it too much.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Even before Haushka got hurt, Pete was reluctant to kick field goals of more than 50.

chris98251

Reaction score
With our offense and defense now 50 yds field goals should be few and far between. If your making a playoff run you want a Vet thats proven under pressure and is consistent 45 yds in. Longwell probably is still available if Haushka isn't ready also. Draft a kid and see if he has the balls to make plays when its crunch time, but don't do it for the sake of salary, there isn't that much difference between kickers salarys unless your in Oakland.

Maybe a flyer on Jason Hanson to play back here and actually make a playoff appearence.

chris98251

Reaction score
The trouble with new kickers is that they are used to kicking off a kicking tee, NFL doesn't use one for feild goals and extra points, take away that little difference and it messes with kickers ability to get loft unless they are able to adjust, why I value a proven veteran unless we get a kid that can both handle the differences as well as the pressure.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":2okt7va4 said:
The trouble with new kickers is that they are used to kicking off a kicking tee, NFL doesn't use one for feild goals and extra points, take away that little difference and it messes with kickers ability to get loft unless they are able to adjust, why I value a proven veteran unless we get a kid that can both handle the differences as well as the pressure.

I believe college's stopped using tee's on field goals and extra points in 1989.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1989/ ... e-kickers/

chris98251

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3cve0n2q said:
chris98251":3cve0n2q said:

I believe college's stopped using tee's on field goals and extra points in 1989.

If so my mistake, that rule slipped past me, was sure I heard a discussion not long ago about it by Chuck Nelson on KJR, might have been when he was playing though also.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":26z650gl said:
JSeahawks":26z650gl said:
chris98251":26z650gl said:

If so my mistake, that rule slipped past me, was sure I heard a discussion not long ago about it by Chuck Nelson on KJR, might have been when he was playing though also.

I believe they use a different size tee on kickoffs. That may be what you heard.

Latest posts