What was the reason the Seahawks didn't sign Brian Banks?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hawknballs":23ksf11h said:
Scottemojo":23ksf11h said:
Logic: The practice squad is where you put players who will be good in a year. When they are in better shape. And more prepared. Pete didn't do that.

yes. Players that have also been playing football for the past several years.

Not sitting in a prison cell.

Great logic.

Ours is the FO who just signed a basketball player with no college experience to a real contract, so he can play tight end, maybe. If they thought Banks had potential, they would have signed him.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1tnyoxwn said:
Hawknballs":1tnyoxwn said:
Scottemojo":1tnyoxwn said:
Logic: The practice squad is where you put players who will be good in a year. When they are in better shape. And more prepared. Pete didn't do that.

Great logic.

Ours is the FO who just signed a basketball player with no college experience to a real contract, so he can play tight end, maybe. If they thought Banks had potential, they would have signed him.

Not really fair. Fells has maintained conditioning as a professional athlete (albeit a different sport). His speed, endurance, strength, etc. has likely been unaffected by not playing football.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Fells, A conditioned athlete with insane measurables with a minimal 1.5m/3 year "real" contract basically to make sure he is in camp without visiting any other teams is quite a bit different than the banks situation.

FYI Fells is the minimum per year, and nothing is guaranteed. So basically he can be cut at any time.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seah ... ren-fells/

0 risk high reward for a 6'7" 280 LB tight end.

He was signed so he wouldn't get snatched up by other teams. That obviously wasn't the case for Banks for obvious reasons.

Not sure what is relevant about that or what your point is.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
DavidSeven":20ghxt5l said:
Scottemojo":20ghxt5l said:
Hawknballs":20ghxt5l said:

Great logic.

Not really fair. Fells has maintained conditioning as a professional athlete (albeit a different sport). His speed, endurance, strength, etc. has likely been unaffected by not playing football.
And Brian Banks was training with a trainer that gets players ready for the draft for quite a while before his Hawks tryout. Point is, neither has played football at all for a long time. Banks was not signed to the expanded 90 man roster, 10 more players than normal. Instead, Seattle signed a 220 pound LB, Kyle Knox, to the spot Banks was trying to get.

Yeah, I know, I didn't remember Knox either.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I still don't see your point, you're talking about a year removed from whatever condition Banks is in now. I'm not sure what that has to do with last year's 90 man roster or whatever you're going on about.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hawknballs":229inxth said:
I still don't see your point, you're talking about a year removed from whatever condition Banks is in now. I'm not sure what that has to do with last year's 90 man roster or whatever you're going on about.

32600619.jpg

Teqneek

Reaction score
Because its been a year, hes had a few attempts with teams now, and is 27. Other people need to stop being illogical. This was a feel good story last year... ESPN is just trying to rehash the same damn story for some ratings.

A

Anonymous

Scottemojo":2i80tghl said:
Hawknballs":2i80tghl said:

32600619.jpg

Dude! That's Giorgio the Ancient Aliens guy!