Complete.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1i265gy6 said:
On paper we are the most complete team in the NFL. That's is what the Seahawks are after presumably signing Antoine Winfield. And it will most likely be the word of the year for your 2013 Seahawks.

Complete each workout. Complete each day. Complete each week.
Complete each play. Complete each game. Complete each win. Complete each goal.
Complete the season. Complete the post-season. Complete a Super-Bowl win.
And it rhymes with compete. Nice.

Pandion Haliaetus":1i265gy6 said:
All or Nothing. Every player, every coach, every front office personnel the Seahawks have in employment know that its... All or Nothing. That time is now, the time of greatness for every 12 who has held on that fleeting hope for a championship is now. For us, every Seahawk fan in existence, its all or nothing... we have to rise and roar for every small moment to every great occasion. We have to set the premise for the years to come. In 5 years, we can look back on this time and we can all say...

we've completed a Dynasty.
I drink blue koolaid by the barrel, but I'm gagging on this. PLEASE don't use terms like "All or Nothing" and "Dynasty", especially at this point in the offseason! It's begging for jinx and ridicule and smells like drunk chili farts.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2721xmw5 said:
v1rotv2":2721xmw5 said:
I think the operable words were "on paper". That pretty much qualifies it and I also think it's understood that the games have to be played.
No. The comment at the end of the OP is "we've completed a Dynasty", which is completely untrue.
bellingerga":2721xmw5 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2721xmw5 said:
Getting ahead of yourself big time.
In fairness, he did say that from the perspective of looking back five years from now. He wasn't saying it now.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Something I just thought of that got me excited.

All this talk that we're complete and most of us are ready for the season to start.

But the draft hasn't even happened yet. Do you guys realize that we could be adding another Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, KJ Wright, Bobby Wagner type of player in just a couple weeks?

The depth on this team is going to get even BETTER.

I mean, I knew the draft was coming up, but just the thought that JS is going to draft at least 1 more great piece to this roster is so exciting.

nsport

Reaction score
The starting spots may all be more or less wrapped up. I do love the "draft for depth" scenario. Will there be a better player at the 2nd line of the depth chart at more positions than we currently have? Can we groom the "next man up" scenario? Can we draft a guy that unseats a starter? Yea! We CAN! Never before have I been more intrigued by our upcoming draft. Those players will be critical for special teams and depth behind crucial positions. We were relatively thin on OL, DL, LB, and WR last year - I'm hoping we can up the caliber of the depth chart as my major need going into the draft.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
nsport":212u2du8 said:
The starting spots may all be more or less wrapped up. I do love the "draft for depth" scenario. Will there be a better player at the 2nd line of the depth chart at more positions than we currently have? Can we groom the "next man up" scenario? Can we draft a guy that unseats a starter? Yea! We CAN! Never before have I been more intrigued by our upcoming draft. Those players will be critical for special teams and depth behind crucial positions. We were relatively thin on OL, DL, LB, and WR last year - I'm hoping we can up the caliber of the depth chart as my major need going into the draft.

Our backups already crushed other teams' backups in last year's preseason. The talent comparison wasn't even fair.

This year it might be even worse.

I would take our depth over any other teams'.

nsport

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2ob17z5o said:
nsport":2ob17z5o said:

Our backups already crushed other teams' backups in last year's preseason. The talent comparison wasn't even fair.

This year it might be even worse.

I would take our depth over any other teams'.

I guess the key word was "relatively" thin because you're right, our backup players did appear to be bringing a lot more than on other teams. The backups were probably better than most teams' backups. No doubt the draft for depth and maybe pop a starter from the draft would be a great outcome!

Hawks46

Reaction score
We're right there, but SF's coaching staff and FO have proven they can improve their roster pretty well also.

If they're as smart as the media says they are, they know that hoard of draft picks won't make the team. If I were the GM there, I'd packsage picks to move up and take impact players that will play NOW.

SF can be a very scary team if they improve their weapons on the outside. As good as both defenses are, I can see shootouts if they get the right weapons.

chris98251

Reaction score
I recall the AFC Central when the Steelers, Browns, and Bengals were all good, chess moves and pieces being used to shore up a weakness or exploit one from a division rival. It was pretty brutal in that division with all three of them taking a spot as a winner. No Dynasty since each of the other teams pushed every year and injuries could dictate who came out on top.

Nobody wanted to play those teams, mostly because they would take out any anger and frusteration on you.

Unfortunatly I see our division working in that direction. Taking the rose colored glasses off and setting the Kool Aide aside it will be a competition out of the gate. 49ers we know about, they are the current champions like it or not and are still capable even with the loses they had, they are signing guys they beleive in just as we are and have a bunch of draft choices to barter and trade with. Rams are going to be better, if you think they are going to fade to the back of the bus I think your not looking at what Fisher is doing there. He's getting younger, he's getting more physical, he's getting more aggressive, just like us and S.F. Arizona is a wild card, do I think they can push to the top? No, do I think they can provide some drama and upsets, absolutly. The legitimised the QB position, they lost their DC but still have most the players on defense that make people respect them, the could pull a Pete and go 7 & 9 easlily since nobody knows what they are doing yet.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3inzljcb said:
On paper we are the most complete team in the NFL. That's is what the Seahawks are after presumably signing Antoine Winfield. And it will most likely be the word of the year for your 2013 Seahawks.

Complete each workout. Complete each day. Complete each week.
Complete each play. Complete each game. Complete each win. Complete each goal.
Complete the season. Complete the post-season. Complete a Super-Bowl win.

All or Nothing. Every player, every coach, every front office personnel the Seahawks have in employment know that its... All or Nothing. That time is now, the time of greatness for every 12 who has held on that fleeting hope for a championship is now. For us, every Seahawk fan in existence, its all or nothing... we have to rise and roar for every small moment to every great occasion. We have to set the premise for the years to come. In 5 years, we can look back on this time and we can all say...

You have to win a few superbowls to be considered a dynasty.

chris98251

Reaction score
I disagree, the Vikings and Bills were dynastys that just happened to be one game short 5 times.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
chris98251":12qspakm said:
I disagree, the Vikings and Bills were dynastys that just happened to be one game short 5 times.

The majority would not agree with you.

chris98251

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":12nf2irh said:
chris98251":12nf2irh said:

The majority would not agree with you.

I see one person, going to the Superbowl 5 times and losing means you suck ass then and are a worthless piece of crap team with no right to be proud of making it one game short, yeah second place sucks, but how pumped would this board be to be there 5 times in like ten years or so.