Complete.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:17 am
  • On paper we are the most complete team in the NFL. That's is what the Seahawks are after presumably signing Antoine Winfield. And it will most likely be the word of the year for your 2013 Seahawks.


    Complete each workout. Complete each day. Complete each week.
    Complete each play. Complete each game. Complete each win. Complete each goal.
    Complete the season. Complete the post-season. Complete a Super-Bowl win.

    All or Nothing. Every player, every coach, every front office personnel the Seahawks have in employment know that its... All or Nothing. That time is now, the time of greatness for every 12 who has held on that fleeting hope for a championship is now. For us, every Seahawk fan in existence, its all or nothing... we have to rise and roar for every small moment to every great occasion. We have to set the premise for the years to come. In 5 years, we can look back on this time and we can all say...

    we've completed a Dynasty.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2009
    Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:07 pm


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:02 am
  • We need a kicker..
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7534
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:56 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:We need a kicker..


    A kicker is indeed our most glaring need.

    It won't take long for the media to be zeroing-in on this as well.
    Image
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine

    Remembering "The Radish" :les:
    User avatar
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *
     
    Posts: 6713
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
    Location: Beneath, Between & Behind


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:19 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:We need a kicker..


    A kicker is indeed our most glaring need.

    It won't take long for the media to be zeroing-in on this as well.


    Pretty amazing as we head into the draft that our "sense of urgency" is ... kicker.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7534
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:23 am
  • Take the Fla St. kid and lets play ball!
    penihawk
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 91
    Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:11 am


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:28 am
  • We do need a kicker, and if we're completely honest, we need another starting-caliber linebacker. Malcolm Smith is OK, but I would really like to see another name battling in training camp for that spot. I know it will be addressed during the draft, but I am just saying if they want to go into the draft will all the holes filled, I would point to that one.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11747
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:30 am
  • 3 tech and LB.
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24268
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:35 am
  • I'll be surprised if even 5 of these draft picks and UDFA's make this roster. The level of competition for spots is going to be amazing.

    Also, to the OP, we haven't completed jack. You don't worry about the "dynasty" label until you win multiple Super Bowls. We still have to fight our way out of the toughest division in football and getting HFA is imperative. The 49ers are excellent, and the Rams are going to be tough.

    As the Deadskins (and others like the Eagles) have learned, you don't win anything in the off-season or pre-season. The difference with the Seahawks is we already had arguably the most talented roster in the league before this free agent windfall and we all know that our front office is one of best at the draft.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7534
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:53 am
  • Largent80 wrote:3 tech and LB.


    Amen. And hey, those guys MIGHT be on the roster already (Greg Scruggs, Jaye Howard Malcolm Smith) but they still need to step up. Until they do, we are still INcomplete.

    And as Philly taught us, you still have to play the games. Can't win shit all in April...
    WAR BEAVER!!
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11436
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:02 am
  • You are right CAN, those guys are going to be counted on this year with Branch and Hill gone.

    I think we draft in those areas, however, this is Pete and John and anything goes.
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24268
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:23 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:I'll be surprised if even 5 of these draft picks and UDFA's make this roster. The level of competition for spots is going to be amazing.

    Also, to the OP, we haven't completed jack. You don't worry about the "dynasty" label until you win multiple Super Bowls. We still have to fight our way out of the toughest division in football and getting HFA is imperative. The 49ers are excellent, and the Rams are going to be tough.

    As the Deadskins (and others like the Eagles) have learned, you don't win anything in the off-season or pre-season. The difference with the Seahawks is we already had arguably the most talented roster in the league before this free agent windfall and we all know that our front office is one of best at the draft.


    I think the operable words were "on paper". That pretty much qualifies it and I also think it's understood that the games have to be played.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    User avatar
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 3392
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:32 am
    Location: The Open Road


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:26 am
  • I'm not sure any team is ever complete, not in the cap era. But we do look pretty good.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11264
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:48 am
  • I would like to Haushka come back... he is reliable.. may not be the greatest from long distance, but he is money inside 50.. would hate to see us go cheap on the kicker and then lose a few close ones because of missed FGs..
    _____________________

    Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    User avatar
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
     
    Posts: 2601
    Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:17 am
    Location: San Antonio, TX by way of Kalispell, MT


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:12 am
  • v1rotv2 wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:I'll be surprised if even 5 of these draft picks and UDFA's make this roster. The level of competition for spots is going to be amazing.

    Also, to the OP, we haven't completed jack. You don't worry about the "dynasty" label until you win multiple Super Bowls. We still have to fight our way out of the toughest division in football and getting HFA is imperative. The 49ers are excellent, and the Rams are going to be tough.

    As the Deadskins (and others like the Eagles) have learned, you don't win anything in the off-season or pre-season. The difference with the Seahawks is we already had arguably the most talented roster in the league before this free agent windfall and we all know that our front office is one of best at the draft.


    I think the operable words were "on paper". That pretty much qualifies it and I also think it's understood that the games have to be played.


    No. The comment at the end of the OP is "we've completed a Dynasty", which is completely untrue.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7534
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:19 am
  • Guys, bask in the moment.

    That's all the OP was doing.

    Let him/her express himself without pissing in their cheerios.

    Everything is good. Let's enjoy the ride.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3106
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:28 am
  • Pandion Haliaetus wrote:we've completed a Dynasty.


    GEtting ahead of yourself big time.
    User avatar
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5313
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:28 pm
    Location: Beaverton, Oregon


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:33 am
  • Barthawk wrote:I would like to Haushka come back... he is reliable.. may not be the greatest from long distance, but he is money inside 50.. would hate to see us go cheap on the kicker and then lose a few close ones because of missed FGs..


    Me too. I would like to have Hauschka back.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2242
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:45 am
  • I understand the spirit of the OP, but we aren't quite there yet. Close...oh so close...I can taste it. :mrgreen: This is going to be a season to remember if nothing else. The 49ers were great last season. What they are this season remains to be seen, much like what the Hawks are now remains to be seen, but there is a lot to be excited for. I don't think I've seen a roster this juicy going into the draft. It's going to be fun to watch and see what they pull out of it this year. Camp is going to be intense that's for sure.
    Image

    “There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    User avatar
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3302
    Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:13 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:11 am
  • The O line still scares the daylights out of me, kicker, lb help are needed as well.
    User avatar
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2748
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Wa


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:18 am
  • We draft two kickers this year. Book it.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10396
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:24 am

Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:29 am
  • Pandion Haliaetus wrote:On paper we are the most complete team in the NFL. That's is what the Seahawks are after presumably signing Antoine Winfield. And it will most likely be the word of the year for your 2013 Seahawks.

    Complete each workout. Complete each day. Complete each week.
    Complete each play. Complete each game. Complete each win. Complete each goal.
    Complete the season. Complete the post-season. Complete a Super-Bowl win.

    And it rhymes with compete. Nice.



    Pandion Haliaetus wrote:All or Nothing. Every player, every coach, every front office personnel the Seahawks have in employment know that its... All or Nothing. That time is now, the time of greatness for every 12 who has held on that fleeting hope for a championship is now. For us, every Seahawk fan in existence, its all or nothing... we have to rise and roar for every small moment to every great occasion. We have to set the premise for the years to come. In 5 years, we can look back on this time and we can all say...

    we've completed a Dynasty.

    I drink blue koolaid by the barrel, but I'm gagging on this. PLEASE don't use terms like "All or Nothing" and "Dynasty", especially at this point in the offseason! It's begging for jinx and ridicule and smells like drunk chili farts.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    User avatar
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *
     
    Posts: 7444
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
    Location: Eastern Washington


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:33 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    v1rotv2 wrote:I think the operable words were "on paper". That pretty much qualifies it and I also think it's understood that the games have to be played.

    No. The comment at the end of the OP is "we've completed a Dynasty", which is completely untrue.

    bellingerga wrote:
    Pandion Haliaetus wrote:we've completed a Dynasty.

    Getting ahead of yourself big time.

    In fairness, he did say that from the perspective of looking back five years from now. He wasn't saying it now.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    User avatar
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *
     
    Posts: 7444
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
    Location: Eastern Washington


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:45 am
  • Something I just thought of that got me excited.

    All this talk that we're complete and most of us are ready for the season to start.

    But the draft hasn't even happened yet. Do you guys realize that we could be adding another Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, KJ Wright, Bobby Wagner type of player in just a couple weeks?

    The depth on this team is going to get even BETTER.

    I mean, I knew the draft was coming up, but just the thought that JS is going to draft at least 1 more great piece to this roster is so exciting.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11747
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:47 am
  • The starting spots may all be more or less wrapped up. I do love the "draft for depth" scenario. Will there be a better player at the 2nd line of the depth chart at more positions than we currently have? Can we groom the "next man up" scenario? Can we draft a guy that unseats a starter? Yea! We CAN! Never before have I been more intrigued by our upcoming draft. Those players will be critical for special teams and depth behind crucial positions. We were relatively thin on OL, DL, LB, and WR last year - I'm hoping we can up the caliber of the depth chart as my major need going into the draft.
    Image
    User avatar
    nsport
    * NET Sports Handicapper *
     
    Posts: 1446
    Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:13 am


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:49 am
  • nsport wrote:The starting spots may all be more or less wrapped up. I do love the "draft for depth" scenario. Will there be a better player at the 2nd line of the depth chart at more positions than we currently have? Can we groom the "next man up" scenario? Can we draft a guy that unseats a starter? Yea! We CAN! Never before have I been more intrigued by our upcoming draft. Those players will be critical for special teams and depth behind crucial positions. We were relatively thin on OL, DL, LB, and WR last year - I'm hoping we can up the caliber of the depth chart as my major need going into the draft.


    Our backups already crushed other teams' backups in last year's preseason. The talent comparison wasn't even fair.

    This year it might be even worse.

    I would take our depth over any other teams'.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11747
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:30 am
  • HawkFan72 wrote:
    nsport wrote:The starting spots may all be more or less wrapped up. I do love the "draft for depth" scenario. Will there be a better player at the 2nd line of the depth chart at more positions than we currently have? Can we groom the "next man up" scenario? Can we draft a guy that unseats a starter? Yea! We CAN! Never before have I been more intrigued by our upcoming draft. Those players will be critical for special teams and depth behind crucial positions. We were relatively thin on OL, DL, LB, and WR last year - I'm hoping we can up the caliber of the depth chart as my major need going into the draft.


    Our backups already crushed other teams' backups in last year's preseason. The talent comparison wasn't even fair.

    This year it might be even worse.

    I would take our depth over any other teams'.


    I guess the key word was "relatively" thin because you're right, our backup players did appear to be bringing a lot more than on other teams. The backups were probably better than most teams' backups. No doubt the draft for depth and maybe pop a starter from the draft would be a great outcome!
    Image
    User avatar
    nsport
    * NET Sports Handicapper *
     
    Posts: 1446
    Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:13 am


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:42 pm
  • We're right there, but SF's coaching staff and FO have proven they can improve their roster pretty well also.

    If they're as smart as the media says they are, they know that hoard of draft picks won't make the team. If I were the GM there, I'd packsage picks to move up and take impact players that will play NOW.

    SF can be a very scary team if they improve their weapons on the outside. As good as both defenses are, I can see shootouts if they get the right weapons.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3740
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:07 pm
  • I recall the AFC Central when the Steelers, Browns, and Bengals were all good, chess moves and pieces being used to shore up a weakness or exploit one from a division rival. It was pretty brutal in that division with all three of them taking a spot as a winner. No Dynasty since each of the other teams pushed every year and injuries could dictate who came out on top.

    Nobody wanted to play those teams, mostly because they would take out any anger and frusteration on you.

    Unfortunatly I see our division working in that direction. Taking the rose colored glasses off and setting the Kool Aide aside it will be a competition out of the gate. 49ers we know about, they are the current champions like it or not and are still capable even with the loses they had, they are signing guys they beleive in just as we are and have a bunch of draft choices to barter and trade with. Rams are going to be better, if you think they are going to fade to the back of the bus I think your not looking at what Fisher is doing there. He's getting younger, he's getting more physical, he's getting more aggressive, just like us and S.F. Arizona is a wild card, do I think they can push to the top? No, do I think they can provide some drama and upsets, absolutly. The legitimised the QB position, they lost their DC but still have most the players on defense that make people respect them, the could pull a Pete and go 7 & 9 easlily since nobody knows what they are doing yet.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11242
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:23 pm
  • Pandion Haliaetus wrote:On paper we are the most complete team in the NFL. That's is what the Seahawks are after presumably signing Antoine Winfield. And it will most likely be the word of the year for your 2013 Seahawks.


    Complete each workout. Complete each day. Complete each week.
    Complete each play. Complete each game. Complete each win. Complete each goal.
    Complete the season. Complete the post-season. Complete a Super-Bowl win.

    All or Nothing. Every player, every coach, every front office personnel the Seahawks have in employment know that its... All or Nothing. That time is now, the time of greatness for every 12 who has held on that fleeting hope for a championship is now. For us, every Seahawk fan in existence, its all or nothing... we have to rise and roar for every small moment to every great occasion. We have to set the premise for the years to come. In 5 years, we can look back on this time and we can all say...

    we've completed a Dynasty.


    You have to win a few superbowls to be considered a dynasty.
    P-Rich fo life
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2555
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:36 pm
  • I disagree, the Vikings and Bills were dynastys that just happened to be one game short 5 times.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11242
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:42 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:I disagree, the Vikings and Bills were dynastys that just happened to be one game short 5 times.


    The majority would not agree with you.
    P-Rich fo life
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2555
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


Re: Complete.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:45 pm
  • T-Sizzle wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:I disagree, the Vikings and Bills were dynastys that just happened to be one game short 5 times.


    The majority would not agree with you.


    I see one person, going to the Superbowl 5 times and losing means you suck ass then and are a worthless piece of crap team with no right to be proud of making it one game short, yeah second place sucks, but how pumped would this board be to be there 5 times in like ten years or so.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11242
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.




It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:56 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information