Danny O'Neil to 710

Bprez3

Reaction score
Who do you guys feel is the best beat reporter? Clare went to .com, Sando to ESPN, and now Danny to 710.

Maybe I should rephrase my question: Who is left on the Hawks beat reporter front?

knownone

Reaction score
Hasn't Danny O'neil been with 710 for awhile now?

Basis4day

Reaction score
knownone":3flu2irw said:
Hasn't Danny O'neil been with 710 for awhile now?

Yes, with the afternoon show. But he's leaving the times and will host the morning show and write exclusively for 710.

SE174

Reaction score
I like Danny, but it just isn't the same without Salk. He was always the brash (but very well spoken) devil's advocate to Brock. At least I don't have to listen to the afternoon show now to hear Danny... can't stand Jim Moore. Guy is a whiny pretentious douche.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I miss Salk badly, him and Brock had great chemistry. However, Danny is a solid choice and they could have chosen someone much much worse.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Great choice for 710 to bring in Danny.
I grew up with Brock and he really became a good radio host in the past year or two.

A sports writer and a former player on the same show will dredge up some great breaking news and insight.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SE174":3uncxvoy said:
I like Danny, but it just isn't the same without Salk. He was always the brash (but very well spoken) devil's advocate to Brock. At least I don't have to listen to the afternoon show now to hear Danny... can't stand Jim Moore. Guy is a whiny pretentious douche.

Salk grew on me. At first, like many I would imagine, I thought HE was the pretentious, cantankerous douche. Once I figured him out I realized how wicked smart he was and I ended up loving his brash confidence both behind the mic and in front of a camera. As for Jim Moore, I totally think he's self deprecating. I don't think he's pretentious at all. At least that's not how I read his shtick.

His whiny, "Ah man, geez come on" act is just that. An act. I don't really have strong feelings either way on the guy but I think he's harmless like most color analysts.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I like what Clare writes, but dear Lord, it has been years since he has written more than 2 paragraphs without an obvious grammatical mistake.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Bprez3":3ih75djx said:
Who do you guys feel is the best beat reporter? Clare went to .com, Sando to ESPN, and now Danny to 710.

Maybe I should rephrase my question: Who is left on the Hawks beat reporter front?

Don't they all talk about the Seahawks, still?

Honestly i've never understood the fascination with sports writers. Doesn't it come down to really what itching ears want to hear?

Tical21

Reaction score
We haven't had a sportswriter with original thought since Frank Hughes.

O'Neil is wayyyy too vanilla for my tastes. Couple this with Brock, and we're just never going to hear anything groundbreaking ever again from a host of that show. Salk was one of the two people in this region that could add any original thought. Has Brock Huard EVER made you think? Has Danny O'Neil? I like Danny O'Neil alot actually. He is incredibly good for the common fan, and he's an entertaining guy. He's funny. But he's never going to make you think. That is what Mitch and Salk had that nobody else in the area does. O'Neil will do for a while, but eventually they're going to have to find somebody that will have an outside the box opinion on local sports, if they want to be a special show, or anything more than a run-of-the-mill Seattle show.

two dog

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":o1w4nsep said:
I like what Clare writes, but dear Lord, it has been years since he has written more than 2 paragraphs without an obvious grammatical mistake.

He hardly writes two paragraphs anymore. Those dot com articles are pretty brief.
I also like Clare's writing.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Clare is a fantastic writer and has my respect. It's tough for me to critique the man's talent. As for Brock making me think, sure he has. I am a big fan of his as well. Eloquent and thought-provoking. Sure he lacks the panache and bravado of Salk, but he's an astute mind of the game and a solid beacon to hone in on in an otherwise sea riddled with mindless talking heads that like to hear the sound of their own voices.

Latest posts