Winfield agreed in principle - 1 year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
The Outfield":3qnt9jyo said:
Missing_Clink":3qnt9jyo said:
I kinda want to see what that one D bag on twitter will say after tweeting every big name NFL reporter that Winfield resigned with Minny

CRAZY 12th MAN ‏@SeaHawkFORLife 13m
Well everybody guess I was wrong and I apologize for the wrong info but that I was told! Sorry everybody

He seriously might want to consider an English class.

Translation: sorry I got caught pulling something out of my @$$ in a desperate attempt to look like I have sources when in reality I just make things up.

Assuming this 1-year contract isn't excessive, I love the signing and am going to have an even harder time waiting for football season to get here!

hawk45

Reaction score
Jesus, I guess we'll be drafting for uh depth then? I don't remember an offseason where we went after every single speck of weakness in the team and addressed it. Nickel corner was the one area where I thought we could be had still in the secondary, and it just got a lot stronger.

Jeepers, who cares if the pass rush ever gets there. Throw it into our defensive backfield at your own peril.

drdiags

Reaction score
- Harvin for Washington.
- Bennett for Jones
- McDaniel for Branch
- Avril temporarily for Clemons.
- Winfield for Trufant
- Quinn for Flynn.

How much the talent improvement will overcome the loss of some impact locker room leadership will answer the question whether this is Dream Team 2.0?

Folks are boasting about things they are assuming. Just like the pre-mature celebration for the return of the Sonics. Just cannot help ourselves. Until it happens, it hasn't happened. That was my Debbie Downer comment for the day. Now back to the celebration.

ivotuk

Reaction score
mikeak":1l3fgb2b said:
Moderator -- I thought the other thread at 16 pages was long enough about everything else so created new thread. Please close if you disagree.

Thanks!

Oh Thank God! There should be a rule limiting a post to 9 pages or less and add one that makes it okay to start a new thread if the new post was worthy of it's own thread to begin with. I just can't deal with a thread that has been around so long that the topic has been edited 5 times.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Also:

We basically traded one year of Matt Flynn for one year of Antoine Winfield + two fifth rounders.

Note to haters: trust this front office.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
drdiags":34vg5las said:
- Harvin for Washington.
- Bennett for Jones
- McDaniel for Branch
- Winfield for Trufant
- Quinn for Flynn.

How much the talent improvement will overcome the loss of some impact locker room leadership will answer the question whether this is Dream Team 2.0?

Folks are boasting about things they are assuming. Just like the pre-mature celebration for the return of the Sonics. Just cannot help ourselves. Until it happens, it hasn't happened. That was my Debbie Downer comment for the day. Now back to the celebration.

no DreamTeam references PLEASE :)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1txaeg5f said:
Also:

We basically traded one year of Matt Flynn for one year of Antoine Winfield + two fifth rounders.

Great way to look at it.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Not a bad move, he will not only help in the Nickle, but will also improve the run d that began to wear down near the end of last year.

Donk70

Reaction score
Im excited as much as the next fan, but remember when the Eagles loaded up for a SB run a few years back.

Takes more than talent to win games.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":10welffo said:
drdiags":10welffo said:
- Harvin for Washington.
- Bennett for Jones
- McDaniel for Branch
- Winfield for Trufant
- Quinn for Flynn.

no DreamTeam references PLEASE :)

Yessir!! ( pssss.. Anybody think our team could take on the AFC All-Star team?)

By the way Loafoftatupu your avatar needs to put his pants back over his face. ;)

streets24

Reaction score
Well as I said in the other thread. I am BUCK AND HAWK and this just made my birthday just even more sweet. I guess I will be getting his jersey. I was torn who to get but now I know. They should make a t shirt with all the teams numbers and that would be my favorite shirt. I am so happy right now I might drink to that! GO HAWKS!

SE174

Reaction score
DavidSeven":ayt00dgf said:
Also:

+ cap space next year to extend Sherm.

KK84

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3dpqgzvg said:
Nice.

It seems vikings were at one time pillagers and plunderers.
Hell yea we raped them mofos huh? This is almost as good as the NFL season. Who do we do next?

Blair Walsh please. :D

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Nice! I honestly thought he'd go back to the Vikings, on a better deal.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
drdiags":3p7hd9fz said:
- Harvin > Washington.
- Bennett > Jones
- McDaniel < Branch
- Avril temporarily for Clemons. Realistically it's just a + for the team
- Winfield > Trufant
- Quinn < Flynn.

Interesting way to look at the additions this offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.