Video Encouraging Crowd Noise to be allowed now

Hawknballs

Reaction score
despite the sentiment here, I'm a little concerned about this hurting us more than helping. We made so much noise before without being prompted.... now it's likely we'll just become a lazy crowd who only gets rowdy when the screen tells us too. Hope that doesn't happen.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I realize this is sour grapes at this point, but the Atlanta stadium was using audio cues very late into our play clocks. Particularly noticeable on our 4th and 1 attempt, where the crowd forgot to make noise until the announcer got them going with a very loud/long "4th and 1" call with just a few seconds left.

Shortening the time may allow the league to be stricter with teams who violate these rules. If so, I think this is a positive change.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Hawknballs":17u6fyie said:
despite the sentiment here, I'm a little concerned about this hurting us more than helping. We made so much noise before without being prompted.... now it's likely we'll just become a lazy crowd who only gets rowdy when the screen tells us too. Hope that doesn't happen.

I'm okay with the current queues, but wish they come up sooner...LOUD before/during the huddle...not After.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
gspin2k1":2fdpi4z5 said:
Hawknballs":2fdpi4z5 said:

I'm okay with the current queues, but wish they come up sooner...LOUD before/during the huddle...not After.

either way it's better than SF's home fans.

They scream on offense. I was so confused. Then people who know they shoudln't be making noise when their team is on offense start screaming at the screaming people, pretty soon it's more noise than when the other team is on offense.

grizrgood

Reaction score
Hawknballs":o44nyfgp said:
gspin2k1":o44nyfgp said:
Hawknballs":o44nyfgp said:

either way it's better than SF's home fans.

They scream on offense. I was so confused. Then people who know they shoudln't be making noise when their team is on offense start screaming at the screaming people, pretty soon it's more noise than when the other team is on offense.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Figures!!

seahwkfvr

Reaction score
gspin2k1":3q47jyqt said:
kidhawk":3q47jyqt said:
drdiags":3q47jyqt said:
Ram Rules allowed!

Clap it out ... hee hee

This is pretty much the first thing I thought about when I read the article. Some fan bases need all the help they can get. I'm not sure Century Link will get any louder because of this rule, but other stadiums where fans aren't quite as "on top of things" might benefit. And of course, if other stadiums start talking about how noisy they are, that will just crank up the 12th man pride to a whole new level if that is even possible

Where this COULD benefit is maybe getting our crowd to know exactly when to start getting loud. Because last year outside of the SNF game against the Niners. We tend to get loud when they are lining up about to hike the ball. And although our crowd noise gets loud in time to hopefully aid false starts. We still allow them to get their communication on during the huddle. If anything if they could use the video to get us to really get loud before they even huddle up, I think that could go a ways towards causing more issues with the opponents. We definitely got loud and early for the SNF game against the Niners and they struggled like hell. I mean a variety of factors come to play (including just the awesome play of the Seahawks of course), but I'd like to think the 12th man aided just a little :).

THIS. Our crowd needs to scream from the moment the visiting offense begins any formation of a huddle and we need to keep the noise up during no huddle formations

Latest posts