Let's Talk Mariners

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Well the wife and I watched about 80 games last year, and we had the team down to an acronym:

Me: you want to watch some SMB?

Her: is there nothing else on?

The M and B are easy to figure out. The S doesn't stand for sucky...

Looks like another year of SMB to me!

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":2y74jgay said:
Well the wife and I watched about 80 games last year, and we had the team down to an acronym:

Me: you want to watch some SMB?

Her: is there nothing else on?

The M and B are easy to figure out. The S doesn't stand for sucky...

Looks like another year of SMB to me!

SuckMyBalls?

Did I win?

jack_patera

Reaction score
this team is gutless, full of wussies...they can't hit, can't field (see ibanez error), pitching stinks...and when morse gets hit not once but twice in an at-bat, what's the response? Nothing...pathetic...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Looks like I might have been way too generous on predicting 84 wins, DOH! Yes its a small sample size but I can see this season snowballing the wrong way real fast. The core of this team Montero, Smoak, Ackley are the epitone of suck right now. I think the above core that I mentioned needs a wake up call, I wouldnt hesitate to send Ackley and Montero down, and bring Zanino and screw his FA clock. The worst thing for this team is that they are boring yet again, and outside of opening day and when Felix pitched they cant dray flys to attend the game.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
You know what was the biggest mistake they ever did?

Giving Felix that big contract extension.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Carmon1274":2frw6kx5 said:
You know what was the biggest mistake they ever did?

Giving Felix that big contract extension.
Wow it took you all of 2 bad starts to come up with this conclusion?

jack_patera

Reaction score
but the worst of it all is i really want to root for these guys...if they could just give me something..anything..i'd jump on..but they give me absolutely nothing to grab a hold of...maybe felix every fifth day but man...its tough being a native here sometimes...

Msfann

Reaction score
jack_patera":44hon044 said:
this team is gutless, full of wussies...they can't hit, can't field (see ibanez error), pitching stinks...and when morse gets hit not once but twice in an at-bat, what's the response? Nothing...pathetic...

The pitch that broke the finger was inside but since he swung at it I was willing to give the pitcher the benefit of doubt that he probably wasn't trying to hit him. Until he went right back with the up and in crap and plunked him in the same at bat.

I have a feeling morse may have been more upset at the pitcher if his hand wasn't hurting.

Texas wanted to play the role of the bully and pick on and intimidate the weaker team, and it worked.

chris98251

Reaction score
So are we talking world series yet?.........................................

Oops guess not, didn't even make it out of the second week in April this year.

nategreat

Reaction score
Just don't fall too far below .500 and hope will remain (no more than 7+ games under). For now, I will continue to browse box scores. They get on a streak, I'll start to watch again. They fall deeper into a slide, I will cut off anything M's related the remainder of the year.

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
A lot of whining over a 5-7 start. Probably going to be a lot of 5 win stretches over 12 games this season. It hasn't been a great start (although Morse, Morales and Iwakuma have had strong beginnings)... but its early folks. Let's give it a month. Bad pitching and poor hitting by a lot of people. If its mid may and no improvemenstart the "next year" posts

chris98251

Reaction score
Well last year it was just poor hitting, the pitching was the strength, now other then Felix it appears there is a few holes there also. Typically early on pitching is ahead of the hitters till things begin to warm up.