NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
pinksheets":chmtqh3h said:
The NBA loses money by keeping the team in Sacramento.

The team isn't worth, in Sacramento, the amount needed to buy the team.

It's arithmetic. I just don't buy into the NBA being charitable, which is what keeping a team in a market with no spending power and no potential for a large television deal is, charity.

Well unfortunately Stern doesn't seem to care about that as he has to help out his boy KJ like he did with Bennett and we all know that there are owners out that, especially those that have been owners longer, will side with Stern when push comes to shove, well at least I think so.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Trust Chris Hansen. He has done his work for the past 2 years to make this happen. He has come through every time we needed him to. Just relax, try to be half as calm, cool, and collected as Hansen is right now. This is business.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
pinksheets":ncbjqjf3 said:
Trust Chris Hansen. He has done his work for the past 2 years to make this happen. He has come through every time we needed him to. Just relax, try to be half as calm, cool, and collected as Hansen is right now. This is business.

I'm a Seattle sports fan, the word relax is foreign to me lol. I'd be more calm if Stern wasn't all for Sac as well as having to constantly listen to Sac-Town talk on our own airwaves whereas H/B/N can't/won't say anything and Chris Daniels seems to be the only media head saying positive things about Seattle.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Blitzer88":m2ykfe1q said:
pinksheets":m2ykfe1q said:

I'm a Seattle sports fan, the word relax is foreign to me lol. I'd be more calm if Stern wasn't all for Sac as well as having to constantly listen to Sac-Town talk on our own airwaves whereas H/B/N can't/won't say anything and Chris Daniels seems to be the only media head saying positive things about Seattle.
And Chris Daniels hasn't been wrong yet, as far as I can tell. Daniels puts out the good and the bad, but he doesn't spin. He's a well respected journalist.

The news about Hansen applying for a master use permit with intentions of breaking ground in November is pretty big. Sacramento wouldn't be likely to even have a finalized arena agreement by then.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 1h
RT @agonzalezAP: NBA deputy commissioner Adam Silver & prospective Kings owners Ranadive & Mastrov were at Warriors-Thunder game tonight.

I know Ranadive is part owner of GS, but Silver being there is very concerning!

pinksheets

Reaction score
Yet you don't post the tweet CD put out about Chris Hansen applying for the master use permit next week and looking to break ground in November....

tumblr_m7s3nnqOVU1rw9ukpo1_1280.gif

Lock yourself in a closet for a week if all you can do is surrender. Not needed.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Another thing to point out, since Sacramento wants to play the "WE'RE SO LOYAL" card, if the NBA cares about its fanfare. I was talking to a friend who lives in NY, and he told me that the Sonics were kind of iconic, and no one even thinks about the Kings unless their team is playing 'em.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Anyone else think that Stern is getting involved with helping the Sacramento group in an effort to drive up the price of the Kings that Hansen & Co. will eventually pay, thus raising the perceived values of the other franchises for the rest of the owners?

Throwdown

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1t8vm9gn said:
Anyone else think that Stern is getting involved with helping the Sacramento group in an effort to drive up the price of the Kings that Hansen & Co. will eventually pay, thus raising the perceived values of the other franchises for the rest of the owners?

I think he could, I think the NBA though is testing this Sacramento group thats been all talk and no action though with this deadline that comes at 5pm.

And if we don't get the team, you guys can blame me because of my purchase of this iphone, I am sorry Mr. Ballmer.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I believe I heard on the radio this morning that the Maloofs have set a deadline for Sac to submit their offer by the end of the business day today?

Throwdown

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":c1z4eso4 said:
I believe I heard on the radio this morning that the Maloofs have set a deadline for Sac to submit their offer by the end of the business day today?

5pm today

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Heh: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/04/12/5336141/ailene-voisin-maloofs-wouldnt.html

From that article: "Though the NBA clearly wants another franchise in Seattle, which lost the Sonics to Oklahoma City five years ago after similar and protracted arena wranglings, the league is reluctant to abandon Sacramento for a number of reasons, including TV market size (20th), proven viability and history of fan support, potential for economic and population growth, and lack of competition (the Kings are the only major-league sports franchise in town)."

Really? They'd push for keeping the Kings in the 20th-ranked television market instead of allowing a move to the 14th largest market?

I'm sorry, but when you list staying in the 20th largest TV market over moving to the 14th largest, you lose a teenie-tiny bit of credibility there. Oh, and we can probably compare Seattle's history of fan support, and potential for economic and population growth too, while we're at it.

JOz56

Reaction score
There is more money to be had in Seattle. Plain and simple. If the NBA turns us down because of sentimentality reasons and charity cases (which the Kings are) for an unstable ownership that isn't willing to commit, they deserve all hardships that will be coming their way.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I don't see how Sacramento, in a nearly bankrupt state, can provide the kind of economic growth and vitality that Seattle does. Seattle is kind of booming right now, can Sacramento say the same thing?

To me, vetoing the purchase agreement is not a decision with the best interests in mind of the NBA. All it has to do with is Stern's legacy. He doesn't want another team to move on his watch. Long term and short term, getting the Sonics back is huge for the NBA. Its a good tv market, the ownership group is extremely solid. Seattle is a city with a vibrant basketball community with plenty of players currently in the NBA. If the NBA never comes back, they are losing out on a lot all in the name of David Stern. This guy fixes games to maximize revenue, but isn't going to do this? It's ridiculous.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
KING 5 News ‏@KING5Seattle 13m
BREAKING: King Co. judge dismisses lawsuit against Seattle Arena project. Last legal challenge before NBA votes on sale of Kings

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 21m
BREAKING: The last legal challenge prior to NBA BOG vote is now eliminated. Victory for Chris Hansen. #SeattleArena

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I know its the Sacbee, but they have multiple articles out now saying that if KJ's group matches the offer that they would be more than happy to do business with them and keep them in Sacramento. I hate this stupid rollercoaster ride.............

Subzero717

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":b8x92rsk said:
Heh: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/04/12/5336141/ailene-voisin-maloofs-wouldnt.html

From that article: "Though the NBA clearly wants another franchise in Seattle, which lost the Sonics to Oklahoma City five years ago after similar and protracted arena wranglings, the league is reluctant to abandon Sacramento for a number of reasons, including TV market size (20th), proven viability and history of fan support, potential for economic and population growth, and lack of competition (the Kings are the only major-league sports franchise in town)."

Really? They'd push for keeping the Kings in the 20th-ranked television market instead of allowing a move to the 14th largest market?

I'm sorry, but when you list staying in the 20th largest TV market over moving to the 14th largest, you lose a teenie-tiny bit of credibility there. Oh, and we can probably compare Seattle's history of fan support, and potential for economic and population growth too, while we're at it.

True but they maybe trying to have their cake and eat it too. What if Stern in the back his mind has alternative plan and is using the Seattle deal to force Sac to build an arena? Bobcats?

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1ydhxvot said:
I know its the Sacbee, but they have multiple articles out now saying that if KJ's group matches the offer that they would be more than happy to do business with them and keep them in Sacramento. I hate this stupid rollercoaster ride.............

Have a glass of water n chill, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.