Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:53 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:45 am
Posts: 128
Location: Greensboro, NC
Pointing out that an NFL analyst has his head up his butt is hardly breaking news. But Shaun King's take on Russell Wilson in this 2012 NFL "re-draft" is something to behold. Ryan Tannehill over Russell Wilson?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ball-talk/

:229031_banghead: :34853_doh: :229031_banghead: :34853_doh: :229031_banghead: :34853_doh: :229031_banghead: :34853_doh:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:06 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7407
Location: CVN-68
He's just trying to get attention.

Homeboy has sure put on some pounds since his lackluster playing days...

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:07 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Well, Jacksonville did draft a punter in the 3rd round when Russell Wilson was still on the board, so maybe they just REALLY REALLY dislike short QB's.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:10 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am
Posts: 2869
I wish this was in the shack. I have choice words to say about this fellow.

For now, what a moron.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:58 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10488
Location: Pasco, WA
:34853_doh: smh.............

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:52 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 9819
Mine (independent of team need):

1. Russell Wilson: Probably would have had the best rookie season in NFL history had Pete trusted him to run the offense sooner.
2. Robert Griffin III: He's injury prone, but I'd bet even RG3 on a leash will outplay Andrew Luck in 2013.
3. Andrew Luck: Among the starting QBs with higher passer ratings than Luck in 2012: Kevin Kolb, Carson Palmer, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Christian Ponder, Matt Hasselbeck, and Blaine Gabbert (not joking).
4. Luke Kuechly: When Kuechly moved to MLB, his defense took off like a rocket. Anyone who wants to bash Kuechly- remember that JS wanted Kuechly a full round earlier than Wagner.
5. Doug Martin: Kind of a logjam for the final spot, I gave it to Martin over Alfred Morris. As a rookie 1926 he had rush+receiving yards. I'm amazed that isn't a rookie record.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:23 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm
Posts: 3179
Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
I wish this was in the shack. I have choice words to say about this fellow.

For now, what a moron.


Moron?, that just seems to come up way short of actual description of this ass, but as you've already conceded, this is NOT the "smack shack"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:34 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am
Posts: 757
kearly wrote:
Mine (independent of team need):

1. Russell Wilson: Probably would have had the best rookie season in NFL history had Pete trusted him to run the offense sooner.
2. Robert Griffin III: He's injury prone, but I'd bet even RG3 on a leash will outplay Andrew Luck in 2013.
3. Andrew Luck: Among the starting QBs with higher passer ratings than Luck in 2012: Kevin Kolb, Carson Palmer, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Christian Ponder, Matt Hasselbeck, and Blaine Gabbert (not joking).


a) Imagine if Russell had Miller as an active target instead of him having to pass block against constant blitzes on obvious pass downs with that vanilla play calling. I think he'd have set an NFL record much less a rookie record. lol.
b) I feel bad for RJoeThiesmann III. Maybe Shanahan will protect him better, but I don't have any faith in that.
c) Also among the quarterbacks with a higher completion percentage then Luck in 2012: Mark Sanchez. Ouch.

I'd put Tannehill in there for a solid season. He could have done a lot worse.

_________________
Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:47 am 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
Posts: 7222
Location: Eastern Washington
I can just see Jacksonville's war room considering their options...

"Russell Wilson is the best QB and best player on the board. But Seattle is the perfect situation for him, so we're going to select Ryan Tannehill."
"Yep."

_________________
49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:35 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am
Posts: 2876
Shaun King's an idiot.

His comments lead me to believe that he was only thinking of the effect on last year's W-L record for the first five teams picking.

You don't draft players for one year's results.

In a re-draft, your draft order is based on results in year one PLUS the projected upside of each player based on everything you learned about him during his rookie year.

99 out of 100 knowledgeable people would rank Russell in the top-5 players of the 2012 draft.

_________________
EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:39 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
Posts: 5468
Location: Kansas City, MO
HawkFanNC wrote:
Pointing out that an NFL analyst has his head up his butt is hardly breaking news. But Shaun King's take on Russell Wilson in this 2012 NFL "re-draft" is something to behold. Ryan Tannehill over Russell Wilson?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ball-talk/

:229031_banghead: :34853_doh: :229031_banghead: :34853_doh: :229031_banghead: :34853_doh: :229031_banghead: :34853_doh:

Not that Tannehill is bad or anything but King has to know he wouldn't be taken seriously right?

_________________
43-8...it's all about that action boss....
next man up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:49 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:07 pm
Posts: 848
King can't even pronounce kuechly correctly (who is kookly?), and he has the browns taking Kalil when they already have Joe Thomas...... dude is a clown


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:03 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am
Posts: 2216
There are a lot of people who doubt Russell's ability to do it long term.

Worth noting that most of these people have only heard rumors of wilson's work ethic but probably don't really know the extent of it or believe it.

People like Shaun King who washed out because they were reportedly lazy.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:11 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17583
Location: The beautiful PNW
A lot of the comments are humorous as well. "Wilson a #1 pick? LOL, that'll be a post to remember."

Probably true.

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:50 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3092
Interesting that Luck is still widely considered the #1 prospect of the 2012 class despite having two rookies outperform him in every meaningful QB metric last year. Bias toward tall white QBs is alive and well in the nation. Don't give me the "he's a true pocket passer" crap. Luck didn't demonstrate that he could do even that better than Wilson or RG3.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:58 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:07 pm
Posts: 848
DavidSeven wrote:
Interesting that Luck is still widely considered the #1 prospect of the 2012 class despite having two rookies outperform him in every meaningful QB metric last year. Bias toward tall white QBs is alive and well in the nation. Don't give me the "he's a true pocket passer" crap. Luck didn't demonstrate that he could do even that better than Wilson or RG3.



to be fair he took a team in a MUCH worse position than the other two into the playoffs, not to mention RG3 has Morris, Wilson has Beast, Luck has.... ummm?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:18 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3092
bigcc wrote:
DavidSeven wrote:
Interesting that Luck is still widely considered the #1 prospect of the 2012 class despite having two rookies outperform him in every meaningful QB metric last year. Bias toward tall white QBs is alive and well in the nation. Don't give me the "he's a true pocket passer" crap. Luck didn't demonstrate that he could do even that better than Wilson or RG3.



to be fair he took a team in a MUCH worse position than the other two into the playoffs, not to mention RG3 has Morris, Wilson has Beast, Luck has.... ummm?


Luck has Reggie Wayne who is by far the best WR on any of those three teams. The Colts also had one of the worst strength of schedules in the league. Their 11-5 record was a joke.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:31 am 
* NET Cynic *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
Posts: 3507
Location: St. Louis, MO
I think Tannehill has to be top 5 in a redraft, although obviously not over Wilson. Tannehill didn't have the season of the big 3, but he looked fantastic for a supposedly-raw rookie with a subpar group of targets in the passing game.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:41 am 
* NET Cynic *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
Posts: 3507
Location: St. Louis, MO
DavidSeven wrote:
Luck has Reggie Wayne who is by far the best WR on any of those three teams. The Colts also had one of the worst strength of schedules in the league. Their 11-5 record was a joke.

Wayne is great. However, if you had to choose between these two supporting casts:

1. Reggie Wayne, TY Hilton, Donnie Avery, Coby Fleener, Vick Ballard (RB), Donald Brown (RB)

2. Sidney Rice, Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, Zach Miller, Marshawn Lynch

It's not even close which one you take. Not to mention that the Seahawks had a much, MUCH better defense, along with a better offensive line than the Colts.

That's not to say that I'd take Luck over Wilson; I wouldn't.

I don't see why, as Seahawks fans, we have to bash Luck at every turn believe that he is some overrated hack. He's an amazing young talent, and fans of both the Colts and Seahawks should be absolutely thrilled to have an elite-caliber QB on their roster for likely the next decade plus.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:50 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3092
Rat wrote:
I think Tannehill has to be top 5 in a redraft, although obviously not over Wilson. Tannehill didn't have the season of the big 3, but he looked fantastic for a supposedly-raw rookie with a subpar group of targets in the passing game.


Hmm. I only got a good look at Tannehill in the Seahawks game, but his numbers don't look very good at all. He had a worse passer rating, QBR and completion percentage than Matt Moore had for the Dolphins in 2011. Granted, they lost Brandon Marshall and were still a better overall team with Tannehill than with Moore, but some of that credit has to go on the new head coach.

I think he's OK in the 5-10 range. Vikings still take Kalil at #4 over Tannehill. The rest of the top 10 depends on team need and draft positioning. Tampa Bay had the original #5, and I don't think they would start Tannehill over Josh Freeman. They'd probably be happier taking Kuechly. The only way Tannehill goes #5 is if Jacksonville still trades up to that spot.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:53 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3092
Rat wrote:
DavidSeven wrote:
Luck has Reggie Wayne who is by far the best WR on any of those three teams. The Colts also had one of the worst strength of schedules in the league. Their 11-5 record was a joke.

Wayne is great. However, if you had to choose between these two supporting casts:

1. Reggie Wayne, TY Hilton, Donnie Avery, Coby Fleener, Vick Ballard (RB), Donald Brown (RB)

2. Sidney Rice, Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, Zach Miller, Marshawn Lynch

It's not even close which one you take. Not to mention that the Seahawks had a much, MUCH better defense, along with a better offensive line than the Colts.

That's not to say that I'd take Luck over Wilson; I wouldn't.

I don't see why, as Seahawks fans, we have to bash Luck at every turn believe that he is some overrated hack. He's an amazing young talent, and fans of both the Colts and Seahawks should be absolutely thrilled to have an elite-caliber QB on their roster for likely the next decade plus.


How was I bashing him? I made a comment about him still being the near consensus pick as the #1 QB prospect in the 2012 class, even though he was outperformed by both Wilson and RG3. You said yourself you would take Wilson over him, so it looks like we're in agreement. Objective analysis is allowed here. Also, someone asked who Luck had in terms of top level talent. I answered him.

Never said he wasn't elite or won't be elite. Read it again.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:40 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm
Posts: 1141
bigcc wrote:
DavidSeven wrote:
Interesting that Luck is still widely considered the #1 prospect of the 2012 class despite having two rookies outperform him in every meaningful QB metric last year. Bias toward tall white QBs is alive and well in the nation. Don't give me the "he's a true pocket passer" crap. Luck didn't demonstrate that he could do even that better than Wilson or RG3.



to be fair he took a team in a MUCH worse position than the other two into the playoffs, not to mention RG3 has Morris, Wilson has Beast, Luck has.... ummm?


In one of the worst divisions in football. The Jaguars and Titans spotted the Colts 4 wins.

Blaine Gabbert put up better numbers than Luck so don't just blame the supporting cast.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:53 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:09 pm
Posts: 204
But but Russell is too short!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:26 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
Posts: 5468
Location: Kansas City, MO
Rat wrote:
DavidSeven wrote:
Luck has Reggie Wayne who is by far the best WR on any of those three teams. The Colts also had one of the worst strength of schedules in the league. Their 11-5 record was a joke.

Wayne is great. However, if you had to choose between these two supporting casts:

1. Reggie Wayne, TY Hilton, Donnie Avery, Coby Fleener, Vick Ballard (RB), Donald Brown (RB)

2. Sidney Rice, Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, Zach Miller, Marshawn Lynch

It's not even close which one you take. Not to mention that the Seahawks had a much, MUCH better defense, along with a better offensive line than the Colts.

That's not to say that I'd take Luck over Wilson; I wouldn't.

I don't see why, as Seahawks fans, we have to bash Luck at every turn believe that he is some overrated hack. He's an amazing young talent, and fans of both the Colts and Seahawks should be absolutely thrilled to have an elite-caliber QB on their roster for likely the next decade plus.

Where I see the big advantage is at RB the rest is even. We both have subpar OL's concerning pass blocking last year. But that can be fixed by draft and maturity.

_________________
43-8...it's all about that action boss....
next man up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:48 pm 
* NET Injury Guru *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:56 am
Posts: 1521
Location: Poulsbo, WA
Shaun King needs to get himself off the Shaun Rodgers diet.

_________________
Image

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:50 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
Not going to click on the link and give the article views/revenue


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:58 pm 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4306
Shaun King's logic was freaking stupid too.. so what that Russell Wilson found a great home in Seattle? He's still better than Ryan Tannehill and last I checked in a REDRAFT you're taking guys who are BETTER than you originally thought.

And holy crap, he's put on like 100 pounds.

King's playing days:
Image

Image

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.